TWD:S2 Episode 2 (Mac) - Right thumbstick on 360 controller not working

edited March 2014 in Game Support

Right thumbstick does not work in The Walking Dead: Season 2, Episode 2, Mac version. Mouse works fine but controller does not. All the other buttons on the controller work fine, as does the left thumbstick.

Tried two different controllers and tried it in a few different games on Steam (Rogue Legacy, Dust: An Elysian Tale, Wolf Among Us) and the right thumbstick works fine. Please fix this issue.

Comments

• This is a little off topic question, but how did you get it to install for your mac?

• Yes, first i've heard of a Mac with E2, do tell.

• If you managed to get TWD2 Episode 2 to download, my guess is you're not running Mavericks 10.9.2, but I could be wrong. Seems like that's one thing that nearly all of us with Mac-related TWD and TWAU problems have in common. It's a shame that having the most up-to-date OS makes us unable to play Episode 2 on the same day as the PC world.

• That may not be the case, I'm not running Mavericks - no download.

• Interesting. Must be a broader Mac issue, then. As I said on a different thread, I'm really tired of being a Mac beta tester for Telltale, especially when I'm paying them for the privilege of doing so.

How a major issue like this affecting Mac users as a whole could be missed is beyond me unless little or no vetting or testing was done on a Mac system prior to release.

razcity posted: »

That may not be the case, I'm not running Mavericks - no download.

• edited March 2014

Not fun. I'm really surprised at the lack of customer support. It's a little insane. And I'm not one to care about that kind of thing, but theirs literally no way of contacting anyone with a decent response time of how to fix any of this.

Interesting. Must be a broader Mac issue, then. As I said on a different thread, I'm really tired of being a Mac beta tester for Telltale,

• Wow. I didn't even think about it that way before. I've been trying to keep it in perspective but truthfully, I am livid. Nary a peep from Telltale acknowledging the problem. I have yet to play TWAU and really wanted to and now I'm thinking twice. i.e. Hey, Telltale, this is affecting your bottom line.

Interesting. Must be a broader Mac issue, then. As I said on a different thread, I'm really tired of being a Mac beta tester for Telltale,

• Yes...the most frustrating thing for me is that people have been posting all afternoon about Mac issues with downloading Episode 2. On other threads, one of the moderators recommends that users restart their computers, disable antivirus software, disable firewalls, etc. If you think about it, that advice is generic and doesn't seem to take into account the sheer scope of the problem.

Many (if not most) people with Macs have been unable to download Episode 2, so the problem isn't antivirus software or firewalls, but the platform and OS itself. That's why it seems so hard to believe this release was tested on a Mac before launch -- you would think that a problem like this would have been obvious.

And sadly I'm not sure how much this really affects Telltale's bottom line. I may be waxing cynical right now, but the Season Pass deal must be a boon for Telltale at times like this. I'd like to be the marketing guy who came up with that ploy -- it's bloody brilliant. For those of us suckers who have already prepaid for the entire season, we're left to twiddle our thumbs and pine for the next episode's release with no recourse.

I don't think Telltale would give me a refund even if I demanded one. Also, there may be little to no incentive for them to test things thoroughly or meet strict deadlines for release since many of us are already on the hook for the cost of the entire season -- no matter how glitchy each episode is or how painfully slow each installment is released.

margaery posted: »

Wow. I didn't even think about it that way before. I've been trying to keep it in perspective but truthfully, I am livid. Nary a peep from T

• There's just a much better way to business. Dissatisfied. Love the game though.

Yes...the most frustrating thing for me is that people have been posting all afternoon about Mac issues with downloading Episode 2. On othe

• I agree completely. The better way to do business would be to test each installment thoroughly the way that console releases are tested. Imagine buying a PS3 or Xbox game that simply wouldn't play when you the put the disc in the console and closed the lid -- you would be outraged.

And I love TWD1, TWD2, and TWAU. Such is the love-hate relationship many of us have -- the games are too good to ignore and yet the associated problems are also too numerous and frequent to dismiss.

With all that said, I look forward to playing Episode 2...eventually.

razcity posted: »

There's just a much better way to business. Dissatisfied. Love the game though.

• I've been keeping up on these forums ALL DAY. I mean, it's kind of embarrassing, but what can I say? I'm deeply invested in these characters and all my friends have played already. I've already been spoiled on one big part. So yeah, I saw TelltaleMike or whoever giving those recommendations. OS X isn't some niche OS.

I just don't understand. When I downloaded the engine (is that the right word?) when episode 1 came out, it worked flawlessly.

I agree with you about the season passes. I bought it expecting everything to work. Specifically I meant I was intending to buy TWAU but this debacle has put me off since it's apparently an issue with that game as well. Ugh, what a disappointment. I wish I could say maybe all these issues would shame them into making sure each episode is ready to go when released, but look at all the reviews. Story- and character-wise, it's well deserved! But good God these technical problems are dreadful. At least acknowledge it, Telltale.

Yes...the most frustrating thing for me is that people have been posting all afternoon about Mac issues with downloading Episode 2. On othe

• I would recommend you play TWAU if you enjoy TWD, but would also say that you really must play it if you're at all familiar with Bill Willingham's FABLES series of comic books and trade paperbacks. The story is gritty, intense, and consuming -- much like with TWD, you'll find yourself needing to know what happens next.

With that said, you should know going into it that there was (and still is, to my knowledge) an issue with TWAU Episode 1 on Mac. You reach a point in the latter part of the story where you're asked to make a decision on your next destination, except the game won't actually let you choose either choice. Much clicking, keyboard banging, computer restarting, and redownloading led many of us to realize that the issue was another Mac glitch.

To my knowledge, there is a still a relatively painless temporary workaround that lets you complete Episode 1 (and actually make the decision that was previously inaccessible), but I don't think a permanent fix has been released.

I did the temporary fix, finished Episode 1, and then downloaded and played through TWAU Episode 2 without any other problems. And much like with TWD, you may get annoyed with the glitches you face in TWAU, but the story is just that good and it's worth playing in spite of its problems.

margaery posted: »

I've been keeping up on these forums ALL DAY. I mean, it's kind of embarrassing, but what can I say? I'm deeply invested in these characters

• Explanation: Coming Soon

• The answer has been there the whole time.

The_Ummah posted: »

Explanation: Coming Soon

• I am unfamiliar with FABLES but damn you. Damn you. My interest and annoyance are battling and now the interest is winning. The thing with workarounds is that I'm really kind of inept with that stuff. Basic things you can access from the UI, yep! All good. But as a life-long PC user, it's been weird to learn how to do more complex Mac things. Shh, don't laugh. I'm trying.

That said, wow. Didn't TWAU ep1 come out months ago? It's so weird that they haven't released a fix for it yet. And I just read that today's release date is a delayed date. Is this true? If this is a delayed date and we are getting further delayed from everyone else, that is insane.

I would recommend you play TWAU if you enjoy TWD, but would also say that you really must play it if you're at all familiar with Bill Willin

• LMAO. One can hope.

The_Ummah posted: »

Explanation: Coming Soon

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

This issue occurring for Mac users has been resolved yesterday. I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced due to this. You should now be able to download the episode. As long as you are connected to the internet when you launch the game, you should receive any of the necessary updates you need to see the second episode as available. Then once inside the game, navigate to Download Content, and under Episode 2 there will be a Download button.

• right stick on 360 controller not working… WSDA and Q keys not working… game crashes a lot… support quality for OS X is low…
    i dont feel like buying another TellTale games…

Can you please clarify if you are playing on a QWERTY keyboard, or possibly another keyboard from a different region? You may be experiencing this issue if the keys on your keyboard are not set the same way as a QWERTY keyboard.

If your game is crashing, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply to this email with the download link copied and pasted into this reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/44150/twd-support-tool-for-information-gathering

After receiving the information from your support tool, we will be able to assist you further.

Olepir posted: »

right stick on 360 controller not working… WSDA and Q keys not working… game crashes a lot… support quality for OS X is low… i dont feel like buying another TellTale games…

• Can you please clarify if you are playing on a QWERTY keyboard, or possibly another keyboard from a different region? You may be experiencin

I apologize for the inconvenience. After looking over your support tool information, it seems that your computer is below the minimum system requirements to run the game successfully. Where we require a Processor speed of 2.3 GHz or more, your system is currently operating at 1.6 GHz. Your graphics card's dedicated memory is at 256mb, where we require a minimum of 512mb. My apologies for any difficulties this may cause you. I recommend either playing the game on a system above minimum requirements, or inquiring about a refund. If you purchased the game from our website, please contact our Support Staff at Support@Telltalegames.com for further assistance.

yes, QWERTY https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/176035/TWD_support_data_mac.zip

• are you kidding me? game are running fine with 720p setting and what connection between not working controls and graphics card or processor speed?
    this is another proof that support for OS X is almost useless

I apologize for the inconvenience. After looking over your support tool information, it seems that your computer is below the minimum system

Can you please clarify if the game is working when the controller is not plugged in? We unfortunately do not officially support the use of gamepads on Mac computers, but you may be able to use a third-party software to get the controller to work properly.

are you kidding me? game are running fine with 720p setting and what connection between not working controls and graphics card or processor speed? this is another proof that support for OS X is almost useless

• are you real person or bot?

Can you please clarify if the game is working when the controller is not plugged in? We unfortunately do not officially support the use of g

I am in fact real. Is your issue that your keys are not working/registering during gameplay? We have not heard of this occurring for anyone before. Can you please clarify if you are using any sort of keyboard setup other than the one on your laptop?

are you real person or bot?

This discussion has been closed.