Where are my decisions from Season 1 and 400 Days?

Comments

• Thanks but I already did all these things. I got the latest versions of both games and I played the whole first season + 400 days and Season 1 Loads. But then back with season two, without doing anything at season 1 when it loads and after it automaticlly turning back to season 2, it says it was unable to load a savegame. I cant choose any savegame neither on season 1. there is just the logo showing up for a few seconds.

Please read over this forum FAQ on how to import saves, as the answer for your issue may lie here: http://www.telltalegames.com/community/d

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

If you look inside Season One, are your save files there? If you ever deleted the Season One app, your saves will have been deleted with it. If you haven't deleted Season One, and the Season One app can find your saves, and has the latest updates, your apps should be able to correspond with each other.

Masterchief posted: »

Thanks but I already did all these things. I got the latest versions of both games and I played the whole first season + 400 days and Season 1

• Yes my saves are there. And yes I once deleted Season One, but now I played it again, so I have new saves, which are about one week old. My old saves, when I first played the game of course are deleted, but I do not need them anymore.
    I furfill all the points you mentioned, but my apps dont correspond.
    Is there maybe a problem because of the ipad 2, because its to old or something?

If you look inside Season One, are your save files there? If you ever deleted the Season One app, your saves will have been deleted with it. I

The iPad 2 is a compatible device. Can you please make sure that all of your apps running in the background are closed? (To close an app running in the background on iOS 6 and before: double tap the home button to make all running apps appear at the bottom of the screen, hold down on an app you wish to close and red buttons will appear, tap the red buttons to close the apps. If on iOS 7, double tap the home button and swipe up on the open apps to close them). Then shut down the device, and wait a few minutes for the device's cache to clear, and then restart the device.

Yes my saves are there. And yes I once deleted Season One, but now I played it again, so I have new saves, which are about one week old. My ol

• I closed all apps, i know that my ipad is not the most powerfull anymore... I will try to clear the cache, it is the only thing i didnt try so far!

The iPad 2 is a compatible device. Can you please make sure that all of your apps running in the background are closed? (To close an app runni

Please also make sure you are getting all of the in-app updates/patches. To do this, when you start the game connected to the internet, you will reach a black screen. This screen is even before the Skybound splash screen. If you are connected to the internet, this screen should last anywhere from 30 seconds to 2-3 minutes as it installs any new patches/updates (Depending on your internet connection.). Please do this with both Season One and Season Two, to ensure that your apps are receiving the latest patch data from the servers.

I closed all apps, i know that my ipad is not the most powerfull anymore... I will try to clear the cache, it is the only thing i didnt try so far!

• I will thank you! And thank you very much indeed, after I restarted the Ipad it worked! I have the savefiles imported in season two now. Thank you very much for your help and time, I just enjoyed the first bits of Season Two!

Please also make sure you are getting all of the in-app updates/patches. To do this, when you start the game connected to the internet, you wi

• Did you find an answer for this? I have a PS3 save with exactly the same issue and there is literally no help or reference for it. Bought the season pass but really wanted to continue with my decisions.

Asaia posted: »

Yep, checked all five episodes and 400 Days - stats are correct.

We have had a small number of users say they are experiencing this, and are currently looking into why the decisions are showing up different than what they have chose. Can you please clarify which decisions in particular are different for you? Any extra information will be helpful in finding a solution. I apologize for the inconvenience.

teamjam posted: »

Did you find an answer for this? I have a PS3 save with exactly the same issue and there is literally no help or reference for it. Bought the season pass but really wanted to continue with my decisions.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Is there any tool you could provide so we can just list all decisions that are stored for season 1, and that season 2 has imported for a certain save slot?
    That would make it much easier to troubleshoot it in Detail.

We have had a small number of users say they are experiencing this, and are currently looking into why the decisions are showing up different

I may be able to get a list of the choices that are imported over, but I do not believe we have a tool for that specific task.

DjNDB posted: »

Is there any tool you could provide so we can just list all decisions that are stored for season 1, and that season 2 has imported for a certain save slot? That would make it much easier to troubleshoot it in Detail.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

That would be interesting, but I don't think that alone could be used for troubleshooting without having to play through season 2 at least one more time to see if it is all reflected.
    My suggestion is a tool that reads and lists the actual decisions that are stored in the prefs.prop of season 1 or the saveslotN.bundle (i assume that's where they are) for season 2 to be able to compare the results.
    That way one could properly check if everything has been imported correctly and report any differences so they can be tracked down. Relying just on what is shown in the "previously on" part might be incomplete, since the game probably also uses decisions that were not shown there.
    Depending on the data format the tool could even automatically find the differences to create a little report. That would be much more efficient and reliable than what people remember from the "previously on" scene, and since the decisions are a key element of the game precision is essential.
    I would even develop the tool with the proper documentation and/or libraries to access the files.

I may be able to get a list of the choices that are imported over, but I do not believe we have a tool for that specific task.

• Well as far as I can tell from the recap only the decision to kill one of the brothers from episode two (my choice) comes out as Lee sparing him and the decision as to whether Clem shoots Lee (which I didn't) comes out as she does. Again, I'd much prefer my choices and would also wonder if other choices may be different later in this season as a result. Any help would be immensely appreciated because these games are amazing.

We have had a small number of users say they are experiencing this, and are currently looking into why the decisions are showing up different

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

How much progress did you have in season 1?
    Judging by the number of .save files there is no complete playthrough.
    What's even worse, the prefs.prop in the savegame folder is too small to be valid for a progressed playthrough. It was probably corrupted and replaced at some point.

If you have a backup of the savegame folder, please restore it.

Otherwise there is a slim Chance you can restore your progress:

Please try the "restore previous version" feature (right click, "properties", "restore previous version") on the prefs.prop in the savegame folder ( %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead ). If there are multiple versions try restoring each of them starting with the latest. If the prefs.prop is much bigger than 10KB chances are best it's the correct one.

Jaspiewut posted: »

http://www.sendspace.com/file/e1k7wy Can a mod help me with this ?

• I completed the game, so I did all chapters. Didnt do the 400 days "expension" though.
    I got a new HDD since a few weeks, and had my Season 1 saved game on my old HDD, wich is still attached to my computer.
    Having the Season 2 installed on my new HDD, I had to copy the .save files (from Season 1) onto my new HDD.

And I read somewhere that I had to place my saved files into C:\Users\Username\Documents\Telltale Games\the walking dead, wich I did.
    So all the .save files I had are the ones you have seen? So I dont get it why the savegame folder is too small to be valid. Maybe I did something wrong? Or not even possible?

How much progress did you have in season 1? Judging by the number of .save files there is no complete playthrough. What's even worse, the pr

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

What you did sounds about right, and I don't know why .save files seem to be missing. Did you run the game in Win9x/Me compatibility mode?
    If so, your actual savegames were in a different folder ( users\Public\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead) .

Is all the data still on the old HDD?
    In that case you can look for the old savegames there to check if there are more. There's also a chance that there is another prefs.prop somewhere in the original TWD season 1 install folder, or any of it's subfolders.

I completed the game, so I did all chapters. Didnt do the 400 days "expension" though. I got a new HDD since a few weeks, and had my Season 1

• I see more .save (save_70.save is last) files in the directory you listed, on my old HDD
    I tried to copy them into my new HDD in the directory C:\Users\Username\Documents\Telltale Games\the walking dead.
    but that didnt seem to work. Even in TWD season 1 I dont see any saved games. Im lost ^^ thanks for responding though.

What you did sounds about right, and I don't know why .save files seem to be missing. Did you run the game in Win9x/Me compatibility mode? If

• KoRnage1KoRnage1 Banned
    edited January 2014

[removed]

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Is the prefs.prop of that .save set bigger?
    If not, are there any other prefs.prop files in the games install folder on the old HDD?

I can take a closer look.
    Please zip and upload the prefs.prop and all *.save files, and all extra prefs.prop files you might find.
    Please upload it as a single .zip file to an instant filehoster and post the download link.

I see more .save (save_70.save is last) files in the directory you listed, on my old HDD I tried to copy them into my new HDD in the director

• The prefs.prop is 51KB.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/m53st9
    those are the .save files plus the prefs.prop.

Is the prefs.prop of that .save set bigger? If not, are there any other prefs.prop files in the games install folder on the old HDD? I can

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

I can see your savegames in season 1, so at least they are not broken.

I suggest you try again, but first disable steam cloud for TWD (In Steam, right click TWD and select "properties". Open the tab "updates" and remove the checkbox from "Enable Steam cloud synchronization for TWD).

Then delete the contents of the season 1 savegame folder, before copying over your working savegames.
    Next try if you can see them in season 1, and if all episodes show the correct stats. If they do, try starting a game in season 2.

If there's still issues with that, please run the support tool again, so i can see the current state.

The prefs.prop is 51KB. http://www.sendspace.com/file/m53st9 those are the .save files plus the prefs.prop.

• Thank you so much for your help, its working now.

I saw that the prefs.prop file was 1kb, when I had to delete all the .save files.
    So after over copying my working savegames, that prefs.prop file was 51kb again.
    I thought I was sure that I had copied all the files to the new HDD TDW folder.

Once again, my biggest thanks. I can start enjoying my TWD season 2 now ! :D

I can see your savegames in season 1, so at least they are not broken. I suggest you try again, but first disable steam cloud for TWD (In S

• [removed]

• Same problem as everyone else, Season 1 and 400 Days saves can't be found. I have the save files on my computer; however, I did move them a couple times, so Season 1, in addition to Season 2 is not reading them. I believe I just need to find the right place to put them, unless I've already done irreversible damage?

Here is the diagnostic report: http://www.sendspace.com/file/h1l4h9

Thank you kindly.

• Hey guys, Season 1 and 2 (and 400 Days) all bought on Steam on OSX.
    Season 2 can't find Season 1 at all.
    (Note : When I was playing Season 1 I had to copy the save files manually from one chapter to the next or each individual chapter would forget the previous one)

Output of TWD can be found here http://www.sendspace.com/file/dd97k4

• if anyones still having issues heres what worked for me (win 8.1 and my props file in documents was ~63kb)

-relaunch TWD s1
    -copy save file to second slot
    -relaunch TWD s2
    -toggle between 'play' and 'return to menu' a couple times

you'll know it worked when it offers to import
    hope it helps

• not working....!

I recommend turning off Steam cloud saves if you have them active for The Walking Dead. If this alone doesn’t resolve the issue, then please do a search on your computer for prefs.prop. You should only have one copy of this file in your save game directory. If you find another copy elsewhere, this needs to be removed. Usually this duplicate file can be found in either a Gamedata folder adjacent to your save directory, or in your installation folder. If you are playing on Steam, you will need to find the Walking Dead game data within your Steam installation folder. If you remove this prefs file, but still experience the issue, then it's possible the duplicate file is being recognized instead of the prefs in your save directory. Please take the duplicate file and move it into your save folder (which will overwrite the existing file). You may want to back-up both of these files before attempting this process, just in case.

Unfortunately, if this does not resolve your issue, then your prefs file has most likely been corrupted. This is rare, but can happen if the save is compromised (for example, if the game crashes during an autosave, or if the game is closed using Task Manager). If this is the case, then the corrupted prefs can no longer be used and should be removed from your computer to prevent any further complications.

GentlemanJ posted: »

Hey guys, Season 1 and 2 (and 400 Days) all bought on Steam on OSX. Season 2 can't find Season 1 at all. (Note : When I was playing Season 1

• edited February 2014

This is how to properly fix the loading issue in season 2 when starting a new game and wanting to use season 1 playthru.

The game requires 76 overall separate save files in the default directory C:\Users\User\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead

If you have less than 76 it will not recognize the game as being played completely.

The fix therefore is easy. Download this file from here http://www.ultrafiles.net/9436d77c and just put save_76.save into the directory for season 1.

• Sorry, I'm on PC.

Can you please clarify which platform you are playing on? PC, Mac, or console? You may just need to move files from one directory to another if you are on a computer.

Please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply to this email with the download link copied and pasted into this reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/44150/twd-support-tool-for-information-gathering

I apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing, after receiving the information from your support tool, we will be able to assist
    you further.

pocomapache posted: »

Sorry, I'm on PC.

• Here is the path of my support file upload:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jsl12l

• Can you be more specific? I have 5 of them....but I also have Wolf Among us.

I see prefs.prop files in Public\Public files\WTelltale games....should I rename this one?

I recommend turning off Steam cloud saves if you have them active for The Walking Dead. If this alone doesn’t resolve the issue, then please

Your prefs.prop files look correctly named, and you do not seem to have an extra that may be causing it in your Telltale Games folders. You mentioned you have another one in Public\Public files\WTelltale games. I suggest renaming that one to prefs.prop.bak to disable it, and then try launching the game again, and your issue may be fixed.

xocgx posted: »

Here is the path of my support file upload: http://www.sendspace.com/file/jsl12l

• Hey guys, so I am having similar issues to everyone else here. I just bought season 2 and I had previously purchased season 1 and 400 days all directly thru steam. I no longer have season 1 installed, but I made sure to backup my save games before I removed it some time ago. I placed all of the save games into the correct my documents telltale folder right next to the season 2 folder and the game is not seeing my old saves. Do I have to redownload and reinstall season 1 and 400 days for season 2 to see the saves, even though the saves are right where they are suppose to be?

Thanks for the help, really looking forward to playing season 2, just want to get this squared away before I continue.

I apologize for the inconvenience. I recommend installing Season 1 again, and placing the save files into the folder created from the installer, and your save files should be able to be read as long as you have both the .save files, as well as the prefs.prop file from your original Walking Dead: Season One folder.

TWiST2k posted: »

Hey guys, so I am having similar issues to everyone else here. I just bought season 2 and I had previously purchased season 1 and 400 days a

• Thanks for the super fast response! I will go ahead and redownload and reinstall, season 1 with 400 days, I just hope after doing that, season 2 will see my saves, cause if not, that is gonna be a whole lot of wasted time and bandwidth lol.

Thanks again!

I apologize for the inconvenience. I recommend installing Season 1 again, and placing the save files into the folder created from the instal

• Ok, so I finished downloading and installing (went faster then expected, yay) and steam went ahead and synced my saves and they all match up as my existing files I manually backed up from season 1 and 400 days. I went and launched season 2 and my choices are still locked :(

I apologize for the inconvenience. I recommend installing Season 1 again, and placing the save files into the folder created from the instal

• that worked, thanks!

Your prefs.prop files look correctly named, and you do not seem to have an extra that may be causing it in your Telltale Games folders. You

This discussion has been closed.