Walking Dead Game CONSTANT PROBLEMS

edited March 2014 in Game Support

Pardon the long explanation I'm just trying to give as much info as possible so I can get to the best solution -
I had bought the entire season of Walking Dead for my Mac during a steam sale a while back and was able to play the entire game through with no problems. This was a while ago. A while later I saw that the 400 days DLC was on sale and decided to buy that too.

Upon downloading the 400 days DLC I went to load my completed game and saw that it left me off at episode 3, NOT episode 5.

I ignored this odd fluke in my save file and decided to simply delete my old save file and just play the game over from episode 1 wanting to refresh my memory of the story anyway since it had been a while since I last played.

My first problem was that upon loading episode 2 a warning popped up that rewinding the episode would cause my choices from later episodes to be erased, which was impossible since I had deleted my old save file and was starting over from scratch. Then loading episode 2 resulted in a black screen with nothing loading.

After uninstalling and reinstalling the game didn't fix the issued I looked around on the forums I was able to fix this by copying and pasting the ep02-ep06 folders from the "pack" folder located in my "local files" folder into the "pack" folder in the walking dead game app itself.

Episode 2 ran perfectly after that, but now every time I try to run episode 3 the game crashes.

I'm not sure if it was the DLC or from upgrading my OS (most likely the latter?) that is causing these problems since I had played the game through once already with no problems whatsoever.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks.

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply to this email with the download link copied and pasted into this reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/44150/twd-support-tool-for-information-gathering

After receiving the information from your support tool, we will be able to assist you further.

• can i get any help? with my problem? I've asked almost EVERYONE i can think of for help and none has got back to me with a answer that HELPED me I've only gotten automatic messages from Telltale support which did basically nothing

I'd be glad to assist you with your issue. Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing?

Chibikid posted: »

can i get any help? with my problem? I've asked almost EVERYONE i can think of for help and none has got back to me with a answer that HELPED me I've only gotten automatic messages from Telltale support which did basically nothing

• Hello,i bought today the mega pack of walking dead,but i can't download any episode when i click grab the download does not start,appears to be a box that says download failed, check you have a working connection. My iPad Air is always connected, how do I fix this.

• same here – constant problems and no real help from support

If you are experiencing issues with downloading the episodes, below are a few suggestions:

• Close all applications running in the background.

• Make sure The Walking Dead app is updated to the latest version.

• Turn your iOS device off and wait a few minutes to turn it on again, to allow the device's cache to clear.

• Reset your wireless network access point.

• Make sure there aren't too many device's connected to the wireless network that may be slowing down the connection strength.

• Delete the game application, and re-download it. (Please note that this will delete your game saves.)

This discussion has been closed.