problem importing my season one saves in twd

edited March 2014 in Game Support

Just finished my playthrough in season one with the 400 days also and it's saying it can't find it in season 2.

here's my sendspace http://www.sendspace.com/file/fjaime

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

Please first make sure you have started each game while connecting to the internet to make sure you have received all of the patches and updates necessary to import your saves successfully.

Then, please do a search on your computer for prefs.prop. You should only have one copy of this file in your save game directory for each game. If you find another copy elsewhere, this needs to be removed. Usually this duplicate file can be found in either a Gamedata folder adjacent to your save directory, or in your installation folder. If you are playing on Steam, you will need to find the Walking Dead game data within your Steam installation folder. If you remove this prefs file, but still experience the issue, then it's possible the duplicate file is being recognized instead of the prefs in your save directory. Please take the duplicate file and move it into your save folder (which will overwrite the existing file). You may want to back-up both of these files to your desktop before attempting this process, just in case.

• edited March 2014

When I first installed season 2 I had the same problem described above, no save file was found. I tried a number of times with the same result. I searched for prefs.prop as described in the reply above but only had one under my documents\telltale games/the walking dead. I went back into the game and tried to find the save file with no luck. I went into episodes in the main menu and downloaded and installed episode 2. After that it was able to find and load my season 1 save file. Hopefully this will help someone else if they have the same problem.

Please first make sure you have started each game while connecting to the internet to make sure you have received all of the patches and upd

• I’m not sure it worked though, while eating soup at the table in episode one, one of Clementine’s conversation choices was to say that she had killed Lee, I made the minority decision not to have Clementine kill Lee before he turned in season one. Perhaps this was only a game oversight. It says it worked.

• Mike can you help me, season 2 cant find my season 1 save files on PS3.

Please first make sure you have started each game while connecting to the internet to make sure you have received all of the patches and upd

• I tried but didn't work

When I first installed season 2 I had the same problem described above, no save file was found. I tried a number of times with the same res

• It is just part of the game and how long does it take to get a answer I mean there are more then hundred staff members at this forum right?

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the delayed response. If you are having trouble importing your Season One saves on PS3, please read over this PS3 Subforum Sticky to find suggestions on making sure your game saves will be imported successfully here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/53823/season-2-save-import-faq-please-read

If after completing all of the steps in that thread, you are still unable to import your saves, please reply and I will try to assist you further.

joshua007 posted: »

It is just part of the game and how long does it take to get a answer I mean there are more then hundred staff members at this forum right?

This discussion has been closed.