Tales of Monkey Island OSX graphic issue

edited March 2014 in Game Support

Hey!

I purchased ToMI a little over an hour ago on Steam and couldn't start a new game in any chapter (apparently it wasn't compatible with OS x 10.7.5 which i was running), but the graphics was fine!
So i updated it to the latest OS X Maverick version, and now when i boot up an episode it looks like this

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23360314/Skärmavbild 2014-03-17 kl. 01.38.32.png

I can hear the starting sounds but the screen remains like that so i have to force quit it...

Any ideas? :(

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. I recommend starting the game again, and changing to Windowed Mode using the Mac shortcut (CMD+F) and see if you are then able to see the game correctly. If you are, you can try changing the resolution from the game options, and then try changing it back to Full Screen Mode using the same shortcut, or if Full Screen Mode does not seem to work in any resolution, I recommend playing in Windowed Mode.

If your issue remains unresolved, Here are a few possible other solutions:

1) Restart your computer

2) Play the game with your computer disconnected from the internet

3) If your Mac has multiple graphics cards, go to your system preference and click on ‘energy saver’. Uncheck ‘Automatic Graphics Switching’ and this will make sure your Mac is using your more powerful graphics card.

4) Verify your cache if you purchased through Steam (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335)

5) Try playing the game with no other programs running in the background

6) Reinstall the game

• Hi there!

The solution for was to enter windowed mode and then returning to fullscreen!
    Any idea why that happens?

Thanks a bunch!

I apologize for the inconvenience. I recommend starting the game again, and changing to Windowed Mode using the Mac shortcut (CMD+F) and see

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

We have had a few reports of this happening for players attempting to play this older game on newer computers, and it seems to be occurring for people with retina displays in particular. I am glad you are now able to play successfully. Enjoy the game!

kithekatten posted: »

Hi there! The solution for was to enter windowed mode and then returning to fullscreen! Any idea why that happens? Thanks a bunch!

• Dear Telltale,

I have the same issue on a MacBook Pro (late2013) with Retina display. Is there a patch for newer machines?
    If not, how can I perform the work-around that kithekatten used, i.e. toggling windowed mode and full screen again?

I also bought it via Steam.

Many thanks,

Proman

• Command-F will allow you to toggle between windowed and full screen modes.

Proman posted: »

Dear Telltale, I have the same issue on a MacBook Pro (late2013) with Retina display. Is there a patch for newer machines? If not, how c

This discussion has been closed.