WALKING DEAD UNPLAYABLE CHOICES NO CARRYING OVER AND SAVES KEEP GETTING DELETED

edited April 2014 in Game Support

Ok I recently bought season 2 on steam and I go to import my save from season 1 and it said there was no save. I went to go on season 1 and there were no saves. So accepting the fact there was no way to get them back, I start all over again. I got off my computer and it was deleted again. I only made it to episode 1 so I try AGAIN. I made it to episode 1 and advance to episode 2 but none of my choices ported over to episode 2. Furious, I get off and look up how to fix this. Assuming I fixed it, I go back to the game but my save file was deleted again. I have tried countless times but either my saves don't port or it deletes itself for no apparent reason. I really want to play season 2 with my own choices not randomly generated ones. Someone please help me!

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply to this email with the download link copied and pasted into this reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/44150/twd-support-tool-for-information-gathering

After receiving the information from your support tool, we will be able to assist you further.

• Ok I sent it to the support email.

I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply t

If you like, you can reply in this thread with the download link copied and pasted into the reply, and I can look over your support tool information if you'd like.

Ok I sent it to the support email.

• edited April 2014

http://www.sendspace.com/file/leegcd Thanks for the help! Here is the link.

If you like, you can reply in this thread with the download link copied and pasted into the reply, and I can look over your support tool information if you'd like.

Please do a search on your computer for prefs.prop. You should only have one copy of this file in your save game directory.

(The proper spot for the prefs.prop file is C:\Users\%Username%\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead)

If you find another copy elsewhere, this needs to be removed. Usually this duplicate file can be found in either a Gamedata folder adjacent to your save directory, or in your installation folder. If you are playing on Steam, you will need to find the Walking Dead game data within your Steam installation folder. If you remove this prefs file, but still experience the issue, then it's possible the duplicate file is being recognized instead of the prefs in your save directory. Please take the duplicate file and move it into your save folder (which will overwrite the existing file). You may want to back-up both of these files before attempting this process, just in case.

Unfortunately, if this does not resolve your issue, then your prefs file has most likely been corrupted. This is rare, but can happen if the save is compromised (for example, if the game crashes during an autosave, or if the game is closed using Task Manager). If this is the case, then the corrupted prefs can no longer be used and should be removed from your computer to prevent any further complications.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/leegcd Thanks for the help! Here is the link.

This discussion has been closed.