Black Screen for Episode 5 Season 1 of The Walking Dead?

Hi. I bought the season about a few months after its full release. I had this on CD before switching to Steam, so I did not have to install it one by one. I completed the CD version, before playing the steam version but when reaching episode 5 I got nothing but music and my cursor on a black screen. I uninstalled the base game, but it made the situation worse.

Please help me out here!
Thanks.

EDIT: Thanks Mike. I'll give it a try. i should probably add its the steam version that's bothering me.

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff
    edited May 2014
    I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply to this email with the download link copied and pasted into this reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http:/ /www.telltalegames .com/community/discussion/44150/twd-support-tool-for-information-gathering

After receiving the information from your support tool, we will be able to assist you further.

(Links are disabled right now, please copy the above URL, and paste it into your browser's address bar, then delete the spaces and hit enter.)
  • edited May 2014
    Here you go! http : / /www.sendspace.com/file/3xbp1l

I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply t

edited May 2014
    Please rename the prefs.prop file in

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\Pack\WalkingDead105

to prefs.prop.bak to disable it, then to the same thing to the prefs.prop file in

C:\Users\MIA\Documents\Telltale Games\the walking dead\syncfs\Temp

Then change the prefs.prop.bak file in

C:\Users\MIA\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead

back to prefs.prop, and then start the game, and your save files should be restored.

Here you go! http : / /www.sendspace.com/file/3xbp1l

• Great! I'll give that a try. One question though, will this mess up my saves?

Please rename the prefs.prop file in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\Pack\WalkingDead105 to prefs.pro

I apologize for the delayed response, this should restore your save games, not hurt them.

Great! I'll give that a try. One question though, will this mess up my saves?

• It didn't work. But I think its trying to load data that isn't there. What do I do about that? Thanks for your help though, Mike.

I apologize for the delayed response, this should restore your save games, not hurt them.

• Alright Mike, I've retried your 'remedy', its just stuck on sync..

Can you please clarify what you mean by 'stuck on sync..'? Are you starting the game, and stuck before the main menu? Are you now able to start Episode 5?

Alright Mike, I've retried your 'remedy', its just stuck on sync..

• edited May 2014
    I'm using Steam so they have to synchronize my saves for season 2. I tried reaching out to steam's community, but for some odd reason I can't log on to their site. Keeps saying I have an invalid account, so I figured this site might have more information. Given that you made the game and all.
    Fixed it by restarting steam by update steam.
    NOTE: if you have this same problem, please update steam itself, when it needs an update. Just log in everyday until a pop-up saying steam needs an update.
    Thanks, Mike though.

Can you please clarify what you mean by 'stuck on sync..'? Are you starting the game, and stuck before the main menu? Are you now able to start Episode 5?

I apologize for the delayed response, and thank you for the extra information! I will make sure to pass it along to the team. I hope you are able to enjoy the game!

I'm using Steam so they have to synchronize my saves for season 2. I tried reaching out to steam's community, but for some odd reason I can'

This discussion has been closed.