Where are my decisions from Season 1 and 400 Days?

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

Can you please clarify if you have imported your Season 2 saves yet? You must first click 'Play' to import your saves, and your choices will be imported as well. Please note your 'My Choices' page on Season Two will hold your choices after you complete the first episode.

TWiST2k posted: »

Ok, so I finished downloading and installing (went faster then expected, yay) and steam went ahead and synced my saves and they all match up

• I have not played season 2 at all yet, I did go to play and it said briefly something about checking saves but I did not pick a save yet or move forward with playing season 2, because I thought my season 1 choices would be visible under the my choices menu heading. So I did not want to start playing season 2 without it seeing my season 1 choices. Your saying I should go ahead and start playing? How can I tell if it has recognized my previous saves and what not?

Can you please clarify if you have imported your Season 2 saves yet? You must first click 'Play' to import your saves, and your choices will

I apologize for the mistype. What I meant to say is 'have you imported your Season 1 saves yet?' When you click Play at the Main Menu, you will be able to chose a save slot, then it will alert you that it will look for Season 1 saves to import. It should then find your Season 1 saves (As long as you have not moved the files) and import your saves from Season 1, and start the first episode of Season 2.

I have not played season 2 at all yet, I did go to play and it said briefly something about checking saves but I did not pick a save yet or

• Great scotts Marty, IT WORKED! Time to conduct a "weather experiement" in season 2.

Thank you so much for all your help! And keep up the awesome games!

I apologize for the mistype. What I meant to say is 'have you imported your Season 1 saves yet?' When you click Play at the Main Menu, you w

You're welcome, enjoy the game!

Great scotts Marty, IT WORKED! Time to conduct a "weather experiement" in season 2. Thank you so much for all your help! And keep up the awesome games!

• I am having the same problem loading my choices from walking dead: season 1.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vmwe4t

edited March 2014

Please rename the prefs.prop in C:\Users\doug\Desktop\The Walking Dead to prefs.prop.bak to disable it, and then start Season Two again. You should now be able to import your saves into Season 2.

drickaway posted: »

I am having the same problem loading my choices from walking dead: season 1. http://www.sendspace.com/file/vmwe4t

• Thank you very much for your prompt response. I followed the instructions above, and it still cannot locate a save file.

Please rename the prefs.prop in C:\Users\doug\Desktop\The Walking Dead to prefs.prop.bak to disable it, and then start Season Two again. You should now be able to import your saves into Season 2.

The prefs.prop file in C:\Users\doug\Desktop\The Walking Dead may be conflicting with the real file in

C:\Users\doug\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead

which is where the only prefs.prop file should be for Season One. If you are still having difficulty getting your Season One save file to be read, I recommend deleting the one from C:\Users\doug\Desktop\The Walking Dead and then restart Season Two, and your saves should import successfully.

drickaway posted: »

Thank you very much for your prompt response. I followed the instructions above, and it still cannot locate a save file.

I apologize for the inconvenience, can you please clarify if you ever moved your prefs.prop file, or renamed one of your folders for Season One or Season Two?

tehbrando posted: »

Here is my file http://www.sendspace.com/file/sdb4z3 please help!

• Hey Mike, can you please update the Vita players on what's going on? We all expected to get to play at the end of March. I have a PS3 I could play it on but I played the entire first season on my Vita and want to have the save file. Any news or updates on the Vita versions status would be appreciated!

Your save games should still work with your non-Steam version. If you are having save troubles, please make sure the Season1 save data is in t

• Any news on the Vita version? Even if you guy say it's not going to come out for another month that would be better than not saying anything! Please update us

tronix posted: »

When you install Season 2 a save directory is created. Usually here - C:\Users\Username\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead Season Two.

Hey @TrentHilker, unfortunately as I am only a website Moderator, and Customer Support rep, I have no new information for you other than what has already been announced, but as soon as we do, we’ll announce it on our Blog, Facebook and Twitter. Stay tuned there for updates!

TrentHilker posted: »

Hey Mike, can you please update the Vita players on what's going on? We all expected to get to play at the end of March. I have a PS3 I co

• Here is my file.
    My Document folder is on a NAS drive. I have tried to copy files over to the local hard drive, but since I'm in a Active Directory environment where the document folder is controlled by a GPO, I'm not able to change it.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/yixne8

• edited April 2014

Hi , I'm new here and I need help. I played season one + 400days and finished them. Now i want to play Season 2 but it said my saves from season one is missing.I really want to continue my story from season 1 in season 2 but i can't.
    I have to tell you that I installed all episodes in one folder.I played with the same save file in game and the saves are in Documents..
    I did what u said and here's my file: http://www.sendspace.com/file/aj72ir
    Well , I think i will start playing season 2.With the random choices.Do you think I should install all the season 2 parts in the same folder like i did to the season 1?
    If u can help me with the saves would be grate.Till then , I will play with the random choices..

I apologize for the inconvenience. After looking over your support tool, it seems that your prefs.prop file in

C:\Users\Robi\Documents\Telltale Games\the walking dead

is not big enough to be a full playthrough. This file structure is where Season Two looks for your save files and prefs.prop file. I recommend backing up the prefs.prop there, and then copying and pasting the prefs.prop file from

C:\Users\Robi\Desktop\walkingdead

to

then start Season Two, and see if you are then able to import your saves correctly. Please also make sure to rename the extra prefs.prop file to prefs.prop.bak to disable it from being read.

RoberTCr posted: »

Hi , I'm new here and I need help. I played season one + 400days and finished them. Now i want to play Season 2 but it said my saves from se

• Thank you for your reply but i'm a little bit noob and i don't know what to do. How to backup the prefs.prop? And then copy and paste the prefs.prop file from desktop??
    I don't know how to do a thing from what u said.Sorry because I don't understand.If u want to help me more and tell me exactly how to do would be nice but if u don't want to tell me anymore , no problem.I already played the two episodes from Season two and i can continue with the random choices.

I apologize for the inconvenience. After looking over your support tool, it seems that your prefs.prop file in C:\Users\Robi\Documents\Te

Please go to

and right click the prefs.prop file in there, and click Cut. Then create a folder on your desktop and right click inside the new folder's window and click Paste. Then go to

C:\Users\Robi\Desktop\walkingdead

and right click on the prefs.prop file and click Cut. Then go back to

and right click inside the folder and click Paste to place the prefs.prop file in that folder. Then make sure to rename the prefs.prop file you moved out of this folder to prefs.prop.bak to disable it.

Thank you for your reply but i'm a little bit noob and i don't know what to do. How to backup the prefs.prop? And then copy and paste the pr

• Still unable to find a save.If the saves from season 1 will don't affect so much season 2 I can play with these random choices.

Please go to C:\Users\Robi\Documents\Telltale Games\the walking dead and right click the prefs.prop file in there, and click Cut. Then

I sincerely apologize, yes if you are still unable to get your saves to work, you can play with randomized choices.

Still unable to find a save.If the saves from season 1 will don't affect so much season 2 I can play with these random choices.

• edited April 2014

I was going mad, but this actually worked. Just click Play, and then go back to the menu as many times as you need (for me, it was four times). Suddenly, a screen with the message "Load season 1" will appear.

You don't need to move the files from folder to folder at all!!

Thanks xdavidx!!

Now... let's play!!!1

xdavidx posted: »

If your saves aren't being recognized just try to press "play now" and then go back to the menu, after five or six times the load-save screen appeared to me.

• edited May 2014
    TWD season 2 can't find my saves in season 1!! i do the instrunction but nothing works.....this is my file from support tool.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/4ro5cs
    edited May 2014
    I apologize for the inconvenience. Please rename the prefs.prop file in

C:\GAMES\The Walking Dead\The Walking Dead Episode 5\Pack\default

to prefs.prop.bak to disable it, then start the game up, and your saves should be restored.
  • edited May 2014
    I am also having problem loading my choices from the walking dead season 1 to season 2. Here is my file :
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/jy7xb9
    Please help
    After looking over your support tool information, it seems that all of the right files are in the right places. Please read over this page on importing your saves from Season 1 to Season 2 on PC here:

www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/53784/season-2-save-import-faq-please-read

(Hyperlinks are not currently working, so please copy and paste the above link into the address bar of your browser, and hit enter)

I am also having problem loading my choices from the walking dead season 1 to season 2. Here is my file : http://www.sendspace.com/file/jy7xb9 Please help

• Thank you for your reply but I did what is on the link and it still doesn't work :/
    I guess I'll have to play without my previous choices.

After looking over your support tool information, it seems that all of the right files are in the right places. Please read over this page o

• Hello!
    I played the Season 2 and 400 Days in my MacBook Air through Steam platform, and after some time I bought my new iPad mini. I downloaded Season 2 in my iPad through the App Store..but I don´t know how to play with my previous saves. I´m trying to find the file with my Season 1 saves, and after reading previous comments I think I have it. http://www.sendspace.com/file/6j0hxy

How can I save it in my iPad? Will It work when I start Season 2?
    Thank you!

Carlos
    Unfortunately game saves between platforms are incompatible. If you wish to play Season Two on your iOS device, you will have to start a new game. I apologize for any difficulties this may cause you.
    Carlomarti posted: »

Hello! I played the Season 2 and 400 Days in my MacBook Air through Steam platform, and after some time I bought my new iPad mini. I downl

I apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify if you are playing with Steam Cloud Saving Enabled?

nem0rder posted: »

I cant get my save game to work? https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3ul-Sfl8G0aeXpGRzNtU0dhMWs/edit?usp=sharing

• [removed]

DjNDB posted: »

If anyone in here still has savegame import issues on PC or Mac, please post the requested info in this thread so I can try to help efficiently.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Also, can you please clarify if you are playing the Steam Version of the game, or the Telltale Games version of the game?

• yeah I can't seem to get my choices from season 1 and the saves also. Actually I didn't purchase the game, I just downloaded it

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Also, can you please clarify if you are playing the Steam Version of the game, or the Telltale Games version of the game?

• Hello,
    TWD S2 won't import S1 save.
    Both are on Steam, Steam Cloud has been disabled after retrieving the saves from S1 (no compatibility mode used)
    Here is the file generated by your support tool : https://www.sendspace.com/file/jtml4k

After looking over your support tool information, it seems that all of the right files are in the right places. Please read over this page on importing your saves from Season 1 to Season 2 on PC here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/53784/season-2-save-import-faq-please-read

Hello, TWD S2 won't import S1 save. Both are on Steam, Steam Cloud has been disabled after retrieving the saves from S1 (no compatibility mode used) Here is the file generated by your support tool : https://www.sendspace.com/file/jtml4k

• Don't worry, your decisions don't matter anyway...

• I am

I apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify if you are playing with Steam Cloud Saving Enabled?

I recommend backing up your saves to your computer, and disabling Steam Cloud Saving, then restart the game, and see if your save games work properly.

nem0rder posted: »

I am

This discussion has been closed.