Season 2 episode 3 random shutdown iOS

edited May 2014 in Game Support
I am playing the iOS version of the walking dead season 2 ep 3 on my ipad. It works fine with no noticeable problems until I get up to chapter 4 far to fall. Once I reach the end of this chapter, the screen goes black the border is still there and auto save icon appears like it's supposed to, but then the screen goes completely black and my ipad shuts down the game, it gives me no reason as to why this has happened. It doesn't save at this point so if I try again it takes me to the start of chapter 4 and the same thing happens leaving me unable to play the game beyond this point. I have tried with other saves and making different choices (I thought mabe one of the choices caused this glitch) none of these actions made any difference. I would appreciate help as I would like to play the full game, thanks. :)

Comments

• This is exactly what's happening to me, I have no explanation for it, and I am really disappointed about it. I guess its a general glitch in the iOS version, which will hopefully be fixed soon. I'm glad to hear its not only me who has this problem. Dear Telltale: PLEASE FIX THIS SOON!!! :(
  • TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff
    I apologize for the inconvenience. Please close the game and all other applications running in the background. This should free up necessary system resources. (To close an app running in the background on iOS 6 and before: double tap the home button to make all running apps appear at the bottom of the screen, hold down on an app you wish to close and red buttons will appear, tap the red buttons to close the apps. If on iOS 7, double tap the home button and swipe up on the open apps to close them) Also, please turn off your iOS device for at least three minutes before attempting to play the game again. This will allow the device’s cache to clear.

Then after restarting your device, please reset the WiFi by turning the WiFi Settings Off, and back On again. Then try starting the game application again, and see if you are able to successfully complete the episode.
  • I tried your solution and it's still crashing.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please close the game and all other applications running in the background. This should free up necessar

• I tried it and mine now works, sorry for the people who still can't get it to work though :(
  • Is the wi-fi nessesary ?
  • Episode 3 is crashing after the greenhouse scene. Please advise on what I can do to fix the issue
  • Please fix this tell tale staff asap, My app crashed as what was stated above. I turned off my wifi, still no good. I paid good money with this, i expect good gaming experience as i have with the previous 2 episodes of season 2. Please !!
  • stringthstringth Banned
    edited May 2014
    [removed]
  • stringthstringth Banned
    edited May 2014
    [removed]
  • edited May 2014
    Same Problem, after the Planthouse Scene it crashes. Always. Nothing matters what i do. Reset iPhone 4s, still crashing, no other apps running, still crashes.
    For those of you still crashing, can you please clarify what iOS device you are currently playing on? If you are playing on an iPhone 4S, please try my above solution again, and when you restart your iPhone, please leave it Off, and let it sit for 3-5 minutes. Then turn it back on, and reset your WiFi settings from Off, and back On again, then restart the game application.
  • Same things happens on my iPad. Running latest version of ios, no apps running in background, location and other services turned off (did NOT have to do any of that for episode 2). So... don't give me any of that ios update bs, apps in background bs, turn your phone/ipad/ipod/etc off and on again crap, and what have you. Also, some parts are nearly impossible to play or get passed on an iPad that are way easier on other platforms. I paid for multiple season passes (will never do this again) and find that the game is at its worse on an iPad, somewhat okay on PS3, and only slightly better on PC. This episode needs a serious fix for ios products.
  • IPad mini a1432 16G iOS 7.1
    Same problem - crash after planthouse.
    I once got to Bonnie to fill the clips and then switched game off. Since then the game always starts before planthouse and never goes further Reggie falls down and Tavia takes Clem to Bonnie.
  • I have even tried to start from en earlier checkpoint, same problem.
    Check out app store reviews, there are some people with the same problems. Assuming you are getting crash logs should be easy to track this down.
    Can you please clarify if you have updated the app to the latest version? (Version 1.2 is the latest version) If not, I recommend opening the App Store app, and tapping on the Updates tab, then searching for Walking Dead: Season Two and seeing if it needs to be updated.
  • Version 1.2 is back from april 4th, of course it's the one that is installed.

Can you please clarify if you have updated the app to the latest version? (Version 1.2 is the latest version) If not, I recommend opening th

• I too encountered this crash. After I left the greenhouse, while the next scene is loading with the saving circle, the app just suddenly crash and I have to redo the scene again. This happened to me 3 times, choosing different choices each time, and I closed all running apps and restarted the iPad. I'm using the iPad 2 with the latest iOS and game update...

Please is this bug ASAP, as the suspense of the storyline is killing me
  • Same here, and right when it was good :/
  • *fix
    DanGer241 posted: »

I too encountered this crash. After I left the greenhouse, while the next scene is loading with the saving circle, the app just suddenly cra

My apologies, please try rewinding to a chapter/checkpoint or two before the scene where it is crashing, and then try playing through that part again. Or you can try restarting from the beginning of the episode, and see if you are then able to complete that part in the episode. Please also make sure that before you try this, to close all apps running in the background, and restart your device/reset the WiFi settings.
  • I have restarted the device, switched wifi off and started the whole episode over. No idea which factor played its role, but that helped.
    What do you mean exactly by "reset the wifi settings"?

My apologies, please try rewinding to a chapter/checkpoint or two before the scene where it is crashing, and then try playing through that p

Resetting the WiFi on your iOS device meant turning the WiFi Off, and back On again, but you are welcome to play with it turned off. (Until the next episode is available, of course.)
    Anrej posted: »

I have restarted the device, switched wifi off and started the whole episode over. No idea which factor played its role, but that helped. What do you mean exactly by "reset the wifi settings"?

• I have the same problem on my iPad mini which has up to date software and running version 1.2. I tried all the suggestions including going back to an earlier save point and playing forward and it is always crashing at the same point, as Clementine is walking toward the greenhouse.

My apologies, please try rewinding to a chapter/checkpoint or two before the scene where it is crashing, and then try playing through that p

My apologies. I would recommend closing any applications you have open and running in the background, then shutting down your device for at least 10-15 minutes. Then start your device back up, and start the game application, and you should be able to continue the episode and get through that part of it successfully.

Alekhine posted: »

I have the same problem on my iPad mini which has up to date software and running version 1.2. I tried all the suggestions including going

• That worked. Thanks.

My apologies. I would recommend closing any applications you have open and running in the background, then shutting down your device for at

You're welcome, enjoy the game!

Alekhine posted: »

That worked. Thanks.

• When I play the walking dead in harms way on my iPhone 4s in the beginning it says previously on the walking dead and then there is a black screen I tried several times to fix it but nothing happened please help

Please try the workaround I've stated on the first page of this discussion thread. I will quote it below:

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please close the game and all other applications running in the background. This should free up necessary system resources. (To close an app running in the background on iOS 6 and before: double tap the home button to make all running apps appear at the bottom of the screen, hold down on an app you wish to close and red buttons will appear, tap the red buttons to close the apps. If on iOS 7, double tap the home button and swipe up on the open apps to close them) Also, please turn off your iOS device for at least three minutes before attempting to play the game again. This will allow the device’s cache to clear.

Then after restarting your device, please reset the WiFi by turning the WiFi Settings Off, and back On again. Then try starting the game application again, and see if you are able to successfully complete the episode.

If you are still experiencing issues, can you please clarify what iOS version you are currently running?

unicron456 posted: »

When I play the walking dead in harms way on my iPhone 4s in the beginning it says previously on the walking dead and then there is a black screen I tried several times to fix it but nothing happened please help

• I have recently purchased season two having loved the first season and I love season two up to this point. I am also having the same issue that was bought up at the start of this thread. Straight after the green house scene when the game tries to load the next scene it crashes making me unable to continue in the episode. I am using an iPad 2 with the latest iOS update and have the latest version of the game. I have tried all the solutions you have proposed and none have worked for me. This included shutting down all open apps, restarting the episode from the beginning, playing with wifi off etc.... It is concerning that this issue was bought to your attention nearly four months ago and the problem hasn't been resolved. Is this issue actually being worked on?

• The same thing is happening to me.

DanGer241 posted: »

Same here, and right when it was good :/

I apologize for the delayed response. Please make sure that you have followed the above directions and closed any and all applications running in the background on your iOS device, and then when you start the game, please try rewinding to the chapter/checkpoint before the greenhouse scene, and then play through that part of the episode again until you reach the greenhouse. You should then be able to progress successfully through the scene.

McumminsNZ posted: »

I have recently purchased season two having loved the first season and I love season two up to this point. I am also having the same issue t

This discussion has been closed.