TWD S2: Episode 3 previous choices are wrong/broken.

edited May 2014 in Game Support
Hi,

So I returned to playing TWD S2 yesterday, I'd forgotten I hadn't completed Ep 2, I started Ep 3 and quickly realised I hadn't done Ep 2 as the game said it'd make previous choices for me (eek!) so I quit Ep 3 and started Ep 2 instead.

I've now played through Ep 2 so started Ep 3, and all the choices it showed me in the intro are wrong, and not the choices I made in Ep 2. It appears to have saved this broken set of choices :(

How can I fix this? Is there a 'choice editing' tool of some kind? I'm presuming there is.

Thanks.

(fyi, I would post the dxdiag results of the TWD tool, but, the cmd process breaks while dxdiag is getting info. I am a game developer so, you'll just have to take my word that the W8.1 machine I'm on has every driver and firmware update, and is of a pretty high spec - neither of which should be a factor in the problem I have.)

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff
    Can you please clarify whether you are playing on the Steam version, or the Telltale Games version of the game? Also, if you are playing on Steam, do you have Steam Cloud Syncing enabled?
  • Hi Mike,

Steam version, yep cloud syncing is enabled. I play at work (Sumo Digital) and at home.

I'm guessing you're going to tell me it'll have saved the random options the game chose when I ran Ep 3 before running Ep 2, and now as that save is cloud sync'd: I'm screwed.

...though I do hope that's not the case, lol. :)

Can you please clarify whether you are playing on the Steam version, or the Telltale Games version of the game? Also, if you are playing on Steam, do you have Steam Cloud Syncing enabled?

edited May 2014
    I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply to this email with the download link copied and pasted into a reply. You can find the Sticky here:

www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/44150/twd-support-tool-for-information-gathering

After receiving the information from your support tool, we will be able to assist you further.

(Hyperlinks are not currently working, so please copy and paste the above link into the address bar of your browser, and hit enter)

Edit: Also, can you please clarify if your Steam Cloud Syncing is still enabled when running the Support Tool?
    SumoSpartan posted: »

Hi Mike, Steam version, yep cloud syncing is enabled. I play at work (Sumo Digital) and at home. I'm guessing you're going to tell

• Er, in the first post: "I would post the dxdiag results of the TWD tool, but, the cmd process breaks while dxdiag is getting info."

I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply t

Can you please clarify if when you run the support tool batch file, it keeps running after the dxdiag breaks? The more important part that I would be checking is your save file structure. Please try running the batch file again, and wait a few extra minutes to see if the Support Tool program finishes.

Er, in the first post: "I would post the dxdiag results of the TWD tool, but, the cmd process breaks while dxdiag is getting info."

• Ah kk, tried on my home pc and voila: http://www.sendspace.com/file/79mneh :)

Can you please clarify if when you run the support tool batch file, it keeps running after the dxdiag breaks? The more important part that I

• http://www.sendspace.com/file/79mneh

Ah kk, tried on my home pc and voila: http://www.sendspace.com/file/79mneh :)

• hmm, ok, forum doesn't like links being posted? sendspace.com/file/79mneh

http://www.sendspace.com/file/79mneh

After looking over your support tool information, everything looks to be in order. Unfortunately if you are still seeing the wrong choices show up, I am out of potential solutions, other than rewinding to the beginning of Episode 2, and then replaying through the episode.

If you are still seeing the wrong choices, the only other option would be to delete your Season Two game saves, and replay the second season from the beginning. Again, my apologies for any difficulties this has caused.

hmm, ok, forum doesn't like links being posted? sendspace.com/file/79mneh

• edited May 2014
    (insert facemelt image from Raiders of the Lost Ark here)

Don't you guys even have a tool to alter the choices manually by now? I mean, were developers here, we know QA has one that works in release, just not release final.

After looking over your support tool information, everything looks to be in order. Unfortunately if you are still seeing the wrong choices s

My apologies, unfortunately we do not have a tool to alter your choices manually. I thank you for your feedback, and will make sure to pass it along to the team!

(insert facemelt image from Raiders of the Lost Ark here) Don't you guys even have a tool to alter the choices manually by now? I mean, were developers here, we know QA has one that works in release, just not release final.

• Well, this is utterly rubbish.

I'm done. I'm out. Not buying any more TWD and not playing on through S2 any more. Honestly, as one developer to another: this is an appalling result.

My apologies, unfortunately we do not have a tool to alter your choices manually. I thank you for your feedback, and will make sure to pass it along to the team!

This discussion has been closed.