Mac: Wolf Among Us, Slow Startup, Can't download new episodes

edited May 2014 in Game Support

K. I enjoyed Episode 1 of TWAU.

Tried to download episode 2, and all the episodes said "coming soon". So I redownloaded the game, and trashed all of the folders with data (as recommended on these forums) as well as backing up the save files.

Then when I re-logged in to the new, downloaded game, everything worked. I was able to download all of the episodes.

So, I got excited and clicked randomly, and ended up accidentally downloading episode 4 first. About 20% into the download, I decided I'd rather download episode 2 first, and force quit the game while it was downloading.

Now, when I start the game, the game freezes for about 2 minutes on the opening splash screen, right before the "click to continue" message. When I "click to continue" there's another 2 minute pause before the game actually starts.

AND, upon entering the game, the "coming soon" bug came back, and I can't download any further episodes. I tried re-downloading the game again, like I did the first time, and trashing the folders. Still the freezing problem, and the "Coming Soon" glitch happening.

Even stranger is, this happens on any computer I try to download the game onto. The original problem happened on my MacBook Pro, but now it's happening on my iMac as well! And I had never launched the game on my iMac before today! Same freeze on startup, and "coming soon" error.

This leads me to believe that the problem is occurring on the TellTale.com server side, due to my force quitting the application mid-download. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

Can you please clarify if when deleting all content associated with the game before re-installing it, did you also delete the folder in

~Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/

named The Wolf Among Us? Your Library folder is sometimes hidden, to make it visible, please open a Finder window, and at the top of the screen, click Go and hold down the Option key. The Library will now become available in the drop down menu. Click that and follow the above file path, and make sure you have deleted any and all files associated with The Wolf Among Us.

• Yep. I deleted everything. Had a bunch of conversations via email with the support staff, which also gave the same information over and over.

So, I just went and bought the Steam version. No more problems. All the episodes downloaded at once.

I usually try to buy the games from the Telltalegames.com site because I assume the money goes directly to the company, but the Steam edition seems much easier to use, plus I can play it on multiple computers, and my saved games are stored in the cloud...

• I had this problem too, it is very slow at startup and i can't download any episode. In addition the game seems to not recognize the trackpad well, and in general it seems running hardly. I have a macbook pro intel core duo that has never showed any problem from this point of view.
    Is there any news?

• Hello Telltale,
    I have a similar issue.
    When trying to download the 4th épisode of TWAU. The download is really slow and whenever I'm reaching the 30%, an erro system apper telling me that my computer doesn't seem to be connected to the Internet.
    I was wondering if it might be something that I configured wrong. Because my connection seems stable and everything beside that is working.
    I'm running on a macbook pro.
    Thank you for your assistance.
    Best regards,

PS: sorry for my poor english.

Please try uninstalling the game, and download a fresh installer from our website, then reinstall the game using that new installer. (Your save games will not be harmed in the process.) Then make sure the first time you start the game, that you are connected to the internet, and you should receive the latest updates/patches for the game. Please then try downloading Episode 4 again, and it should download successfully.

nyote posted: »

Hello Telltale, I have a similar issue. When trying to download the 4th épisode of TWAU. The download is really slow and whenever I'm re

• Thank you for your answer.
    I'll try.

Please try uninstalling the game, and download a fresh installer from our website, then reinstall the game using that new installer. (Your s

• It worked. Thanks a lot.

Please try uninstalling the game, and download a fresh installer from our website, then reinstall the game using that new installer. (Your s

• I deleted it from my apps and now it wont let me download again!

• It wont let me use my redeem code again to redownload the game!

bls110982 posted: »

I deleted it from my apps and now it wont let me download again!

edited June 2014

My apologies. If you have already redeemed the game on our website, please log into your Telltale account, and click on the small downward facing arrow at the top right of the webpage. Then click My Games from the drop down menu. You will then be able to select the game, and click the Download Link to start downloading a new installer.

If you are still experiencing issues downloading the game again, please contact/email our Support Staff at Support@Telltalegames.com, and they will be able to assist you further.

It wont let me use my redeem code again to redownload the game!

• It wont download all the way

My apologies. If you have already redeemed the game on our website, please log into your Telltale account, and click on the small downward f

• fails around 20 %

It wont download all the way

My apologies. If you haven't yet, I recommend contacting/emailing our Support Staff at Support@Telltalegames.com, and they may be able to assist you further. Please make sure to include all of the info regarding your issue in the email, along with all of the potential resolutions you've tried. Again, apologies for any difficulties this may cause you.

fails around 20 %

This discussion has been closed.