Achievement Re-locked itself

A minor issue, but for some reason, when I unlocked the episode 2 librarian achievement... the episode 1 librarian achievement locked itself again despite my still meeting the criteria for the unlock.
This has not happened with episode 3 or 4

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify what platform you are playing on? (PC/Mac/PS3/Xbox/iOS?) Also, can you please clarify what you mean by the 'achievement locked itself'? After receiving this information, we will be able to assist you further.

• edited June 2014

I'm using a PC.
    And to clarify, I've been playing each episode as it came out. After one came out I played it twice to get all of the book of fable entries for episode one. This unlocked the "novice librarian" achievement as expected. When episode two came out I again played it to unlock all related book of fables entries. This unlocked the related librarian achievement... but the novice one immediately registered as if it had never been unlocked.
    I still possess all book of fables entries for episode one, so there is no reason for it to be locked, but it is.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify if your computer, or Steam, ever lost connection while you were playing?

• I have no idea, but it is possible.
    The connection here is pretty unreliable.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify if your computer, or Steam, ever lost connection while you were playing?

Due to the Steam architecture, achievements cannot be acquired while playing in offline mode or without an active internet connection. For more information on Steam’s policy regarding achievements, please see the following thread:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4462-UIOB-0425

Unfortunately, the only way to unlock the achievement(s) would be to remove your save game and prefs.prop file from your system and reacquire the achievement(s) while playing online. To avoid this issue arising from an interruption in internet service, we advise that you occasionally make a backup copy of your save and prefs files.

Valenquest posted: »

I have no idea, but it is possible. The connection here is pretty unreliable.

• I see. thank you.

Due to the Steam architecture, achievements cannot be acquired while playing in offline mode or without an active internet connection. For

You're welcome, I hope that you enjoy the game!

Valenquest posted: »

I see. thank you.

This discussion has been closed.