download issues on android tablet

After the long wait to finally get season 2 on my tablet, I'm unable to download episodes 4 and 5. They show that they're able to be downloaded but every time I click on it to download, it says I'm not connected to the internet. I am actually connected to the internet and just downloaded episodes 1-3. Anyone else having issues with their tablet?

I saw similar problems that people had before on their ipad but didn't really see any resolutions posted.

Comments

• I guess you cannot download it because it hasn't been released yet.

Not long ago I checked and so far we have only 3 episodes.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff
    edited June 2014

I apologize for the inconvenience. @Zing88 Please try force closing the game application, and turning off your device for at least 10-20 minutes. This will allow the device's cache to clear. Then turn it back on, and reset your WiFi settings by switching it off, and back on again. Then start the game application and see if you are able to download the later episodes. If you are still experiencing issues, please try connecting to a different WiFi connection, and see if you are then able to successfully download the episodes.

• You sir are stupid, all episodes are available, my friend has all the episodes of season 2, TWD_obsessed is having the same issue as I am, and TTG needs to adress this bug. I was downloading episode 2 and gives me a pop up saying "You are not connected to the internet, please make sure you are connected. " I reconnect my wifi, restart my tablet downloads at 65% then gives me the same message, exit the game close the app open it and acts as if I never purchased the full season or says unavailable on some, so I restart my tablet then all episodes are back up download episode 2 again finishes, download 3 half way through same message reboot tablet then it finished episode 3, go to episode 4 starts then gives me the sameconnection error message when it hit 72% restarted tablet downloads fine final episode gives me message again reboot downloads fine its the developers fault some where in the script their has to be an error otherwise we wouldn't be getting the "you're disconnected from the network" message when we are connected they need to fix this issue in a patch, and quick.

I guess you cannot download it because it hasn't been released yet. Not long ago I checked and so far we have only 3 episodes.

• TelltaleMike I have turned my device off overnight and the problem still occurs. I'm at home and the wifi connection works fine for every other application on my tablet.

Any other suggestions?

• All of the episodes show "download" for the option on my tablet. I downloaded episodes 1-3 just fine. When I try episode 4 I have the issue that I'd mentioned. For my kindle fire xd the other episodes aren't available. (Yes I've played both twd 1 and 2 on both my tablet and kindle more times than I'd like to admit.) I'd prefer to play on my tablet.

I guess you cannot download it because it hasn't been released yet. Not long ago I checked and so far we have only 3 episodes.

• So I have turned off my device overnight again. Now that I've booted it up the download options aren't there anymore. Its changed to "coming soon". So perhaps the error was it showing for download in the first place.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Episodes 4 and 5 of Season Two are not yet available. We had an issue where they showed as available for a brief time, and believe to have resolved the issue. If you see Episodes 4 and 5 as 'Coming Soon' now, that is the correct message.

So I have turned off my device overnight again. Now that I've booted it up the download options aren't there anymore. Its changed to "coming soon". So perhaps the error was it showing for download in the first place.

• Hello, first of all english is not my first language so sorry for spelling/grammar mistakes.

I encounter the same error message, though it appears in season 1, episode 3 - 5.
    My Internet is perfectly fine, i was able to download S1 E2, there are 8gb left on my internal sd, but still i cant download the following episodes.
    Ive tried rebooting, emptying the cache etc. Though i only once got it to download 48% before showing the error message, now its popping up at 0% everytime.

here is a screen of the message:
    Alt text

I find that highly frustrating because i downloaded season 2 before, and wanted to replay S1 "quickly" (i already bought & played it for PC a while ago) to see the storyline effects on S2. I also thought it would be conveniant to have both seasons on my Tablet, now i cant continiue the first season, nor want to play the second before that problem gets fixt and i can finally transfer my decisions.

what can i do ?

• Same here, I can't download a single season now and get the message above despite my connection is fine. Maybe a TWD server is down.

• Just noticed that also "Connecting..." message after starting the app takes much longer than usual

HerrKreuz posted: »

Same here, I can't download a single season now and get the message above despite my connection is fine. Maybe a TWD server is down.

• @HerrKreuz I'm having the same issues you are. I was able to download season 1 episode 1 but cannot download Season 1 Episodes 2-5. I tried force closing the application, leaving the phone off for 20 minutes to clear the cache, and starting up again. I even wiped my device but that did not work. I'm trying the cache clear method one more time to see if it works. Perhaps a Telltale rep could chime in on the server issues if there are any?

• It seems like it was the servers fault, tried it again now and it worked for me.

• I'm having the same problem with Season 1. :/

• Same here. I got the season pass for season 1 on my nexus 7 and am getting the connection lost error. I've tried reinstalling the game, but the problem persists. The problem seems to be on their end. I bought this game for my tablet so that I would have some entertainment on the trip I'm taking today. This will be a very dull ride unless it gets working pronto. God forbid I have to use my imagination to entertain me! Seriously though I want a refund if this isn't fixed within a day or so.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Over the weekend we experienced a higher than average amount of server connections. We have now resolved the issue, and you should now be able to successfully connect with our servers. Please try starting the game again, and you should now be able to connect.

If you are still experiencing this issue, I recommend deleting and re-downloading the game application, and starting it while connected to a WiFi network, and you should then be able to download the episodes. (Please note deleting the game application will erase any game saves you have) My apologies for any difficulties this may cause you.

This discussion has been closed.