The Wolf Among Us on steam is not working

Hello Staff of Tell Tale Games I have been having a problem on steam with my "The Wolf Among Us" game and after doing some digging I found that for some reason I do not have a TheWolfAmongUs.exe file and was wondering what I should do about this. For without this game file I cannot play the game I have been waiting to play for about 3 months now. If you can help me in any way it would be greatly appreciated!

Yours Truly,
Marcus Ross (PyusX4589)

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. Below are a few possible solutions to your issue:

1. Restart Steam (Make sure to close it completely by right clicking on the Steam symbol at the bottom right, and click Exit)

2. Restart your computer, and then start Steam again.

3. Delete Local Content of game (Right click game from within Steam Library, and click 'Delete Local Content' then reinstall game.

4. Verify Game Cache (Right click game within Steam Library, and click Properties. Then go to Local Files tab and click 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache'.

5. Try workaround as stated on Steam Support forum here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8676-EFLX-7453

• CrazyGeorgeCrazyGeorge Banned
    edited July 2014

nm thanks i got my issue resolved.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Below are a few possible solutions to your issue: * Restart Steam (Make sure to close it completely

• None of this worked for me either, the game syncs for a few seconds then wont update the new episode....

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately Steam's servers may be overloaded due to the high amount of server requests to download the new episode. I recommend trying again a few times, and if you are still experiencing the issue, please try changing the download region from which your update is coming from. To do this, please click View on the top left of the Steam window, and click Settings from the drop down menu. Once the Settings window is open, click on the Downloads tab, and under the Download Region section, try switching to a different region using the drop down menu. Then close the Settings window, and restart Steam before attempting the update again.

cmac3721 posted: »

None of this worked for me either, the game syncs for a few seconds then wont update the new episode....

This discussion has been closed.