Can't save in Back to the Future the Game

edited July 2014 in Game Support

I've recently started playing the first episode and am enjoying it, however there's no save option for me even outside of dialogue! I've googled the problem and found others with it, but I haven't found a solution so far.

I've not had a problem saving any other Telltale game before. Does anyone know what causes it? I get no save/load option at all on the menu after I press esc, and I've read that it doesn't even autosave if I quit.

Comments

• I know I just started playing it and I quit the game and figured it would save it, but no it didn't and now I have to start all over. CAN ANYONE HELP!

• This game is really starting to annoy me now. I had issues with part 1 needing to be reinstalled every time I wanted to play and now it won't save anything meaning I have to start a new game every time I play. WTF! This game has been out for a few years now and it still has these issues. Why aren't they fixed?

• I never had a problem with season 1, but this one started off with a problem. Iknow what you mean how can they release something and it's have all these problems.

• edited July 2014

I'm having the same problem: I have already finished the game once without a single problem and now, after re-installing it yesterday I can't save on episode 1 and on episode 2, and I guess it's the same with the others. Has someone come up with a solution?

• JenniferJennifer Moderator

I'll move this to support, where someone can hopefully help you with your problem.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please make sure you are starting the episodes using their corresponding icons/shortcuts from your desktop. (ex: if you start Episode 1 with the Episode 2 shortcut, the game will not save. If you start Episode 2 with the Episode 1 shortcut, you will not be able to save in Episode 2, etc.)

I'm having the same problem: I have already finished the game once without a single problem and now, after re-installing it yesterday I can'

• I'm having the same issue. I just downloaded only the first episode, so there are no other shortcuts to access. Played for a little while, then quit the game. When I tried to resume, not only had it not saved my game, it apparently had also forgotten I had downloaded episode 1 at all!

I apologize for the inconvenience. I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the game and/or downloading a new installer from the website, and reinstall the first episode. Then when you are playing, try pausing the game using the Escape key, and using the manual Save/Load option from the Pause Menu.

Launcher101 posted: »

I'm having the same issue. I just downloaded only the first episode, so there are no other shortcuts to access. Played for a little while,

• Hi!
    I uninstalled/reinstalled, but had to reinstall a second time when it registered that I hadn't downloaded Episode 1 (again!). This time, when I began the game, there was a save option in the Escape menu. However, when I closed out of the game and restarted from the Episode 1 shortcut, it prompted me to download Episode 1 all over again! For some reason, it will not retain the fact that I have downloaded the game.

I apologize for the inconvenience. I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the game and/or downloading a new installer from the website, a

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please try starting the game a few more times, and you should eventually be able to play the game. You can also try disconnecting from the internet, and then try launching the game again. If you are still unable to successfully play the game, please contact/email our Support Staff at Support@Telltalegames.com, and they will be able to assist you further regarding your particular issue.

Launcher101 posted: »

Hi! I uninstalled/reinstalled, but had to reinstall a second time when it registered that I hadn't downloaded Episode 1 (again!). This tim

• Hi! Every time I launch the game, it still prompts me to download Episode 1 (although it is saving my game, so I can resume from where I left off after I redownload). When I disconnect from the internet and try to start the game with the offline access code, the submit button won't work. So I can play the game (yay!) but I just have to download it each time. Thanks! I'll contact support.

• I just bought the bonus pack & played the first 2 episodes. I go back to play the third & the app is constantly crashing & won't even open. I'm hoping like hell that I didn't waste my money on something I can't even play...

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please make sure you are starting the episodes using their corresponding icons/shortcuts from your deskto

• I just bought the bonus pack & played the first 2 episodes. I go back to play the third & the app is constantly crashing & won't even open. I'm hoping like hell that I didn't waste my money on something I can't even play...

Please close the game and all other applications running in the background. This should free up necessary system resources. (To close an app running in the background on iOS 6 and before: double tap the home button to make all running apps appear at the bottom of the screen, hold down on an app you wish to close and red buttons will appear, tap the red buttons to close the apps. If on iOS 7, double tap the home button and swipe up on the open apps to close them) Also, please turn off your iOS device for at least three minutes before attempting to play the game again. This will allow the device’s cache to clear.

Then after restarting your device, please reset the WiFi by turning the WiFi Settings Off, and back On again. Then try starting the game application again, and see if you are able to start the episode successfully.
    mudo12 posted: »

I just bought the bonus pack & played the first 2 episodes. I go back to play the third & the app is constantly crashing & won't even open. I'm hoping like hell that I didn't waste my money on something I can't even play...

• thanks for your answer, but I don't have separate icons for each episode... I have all the episodes installed with one single icon that opens the launcher, from which I can choose what episode I want to play...

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please make sure you are starting the episodes using their corresponding icons/shortcuts from your deskto

Can you please clarify if you are able to hit pause (ESC Key) and see the 'Save Game' button? If not, I recommend reinstalling the game, then try playing it offline/disconnected from the internet, and see if you are then able to save successfully in-game.

thanks for your answer, but I don't have separate icons for each episode... I have all the episodes installed with one single icon that opens the launcher, from which I can choose what episode I want to play...

• Yeah sorry, soon after I wrote the message I restarted the first episode and noticed that now I'm able to save and load. Seems that the problem has been solved by itself... I didn't do anything, I contacted the support directly after re-downloading the installer from the site, installing all the episodes and noticing the problem.
    Sorry for the nuisance, and thank you for your help :)

Can you please clarify if you are able to hit pause (ESC Key) and see the 'Save Game' button? If not, I recommend reinstalling the game, the

You're welcome, enjoy the game!

Yeah sorry, soon after I wrote the message I restarted the first episode and noticed that now I'm able to save and load. Seems that the prob

This discussion has been closed.