YOU DONT OWN THIS GAME

2»

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

If after attempting to delete your registry you still get the 'you do not own the game' error, please email our Support Team at Support@Telltalegames.com for further assistance.

• Holy crap, going into command prompt and saying "YES" to this registry fix actually worked! (It didn't 2 hours ago). I'm playing the game after 2 hours of connection problems and telling me my copy wasn't legit:

REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\Launcher

• edited December 2013

Hey bud, can you confirm if you have a 32bit or 64bit OS? Want to see if my theory above is correct. I might post it topside if it helps. I can see it getting lost in here under a whirlwind of abuse :)

Edit: Looks like it was just good timing, never mind haha!

lex121 posted: »

OK. I just tried this and worked. So it might work to fix the issue for some. I will say that having the same launch issues with The Wolf

• You forget to realise that DRM does not stop piracy most of the time, and especially not in this case.

DRM wouldnt be cracked if it wasnt there to try to stop piracy.

Alll this is doing is stopping us, LEGITIMATE customers, from playing the game.

Toadbomb posted: »

You may or may not understand, but in today's world, if a famous and popular game is released without DRM, it'll be played for free by hundred

• OK. I just tried this and worked. So it might work to fix the issue for some.

I will say that having the same launch issues with The Wolf Among Us has left a very negative impression of telltale games. I love their games, but not your online service.

If you are getting a log in error, it is only happening to a small number of people, and we are currently looking into the issue. If you are g

We have now solved the server issue, please restart the game and attempt to log in again, and the issue should be resolved. If you are still experiencing log in errors, please reply with what your error message says, and whether you are on PC or Mac, and whether your on Steam or playing through Telltale. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

• I had this problem as well, but after deleting the registry, I got a message upon trying to log into the game telling me that it now can't connect to servers.

• i got it working but now it wont find my saved choices from season one and 400 that i thankfully got on steam

If you are getting a log in error, it is only happening to a small number of people, and we are currently looking into the issue. If you are g

• Uninstalling and reinstalling worked for me.

• Followed your instructions and it helped! Playing the game now. I'm on 64bit Win7.

Hey bud, can you confirm if you have a 32bit or 64bit OS? Want to see if my theory above is correct. I might post it topside if it helps. I ca

• Good to hear! I believe they fixed it not long after I tried this. Hopefully this is it for good though! Thanks for confirming

Aissi posted: »

Followed your instructions and it helped! Playing the game now. I'm on 64bit Win7.

• Thanks for solving it so fast.

• Same here D: please fix it soon telltale games

edited July 2014

Can you please clarify if you've cleared your registry yet? I will quote my post from the previous page here:

If you are getting a 'You do not own the game' message, this may be an issue with your registry. Please open a command window. (Below are instructions on how to open a command window)

Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows Vista / 7: Press the Windows key. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows 8: At the start screen, type in "cmd" and press enter

Then copy the command line below and paste it into the command window, press enter, and confirm the question (to confirm the question, type and press enter):

REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\Launcher"

Please then try launching The Walking Dead again.

After you delete the registry, if you get the log in error, we are currently looking into it and hope to have a solution in the near future.

Same here please fix it soon telltale games

• edited July 2014

Did that still got the same problem I'm playing the steam verison. It effects the following games for me... The walking dead Season 1, 400 days DLC, The walking dead season 2. The wolf amoung us.

So far I tried the following...

I deleted the game through steam redownloaded it then played the game same problem. I deleted the game reinstalled windows tried agian same problem (it's a big pain reinstalling the operating system) So it still doesn't work for me i tried that trick nope didn't work same problem.

Also when I try to start the game through steam it sometimes becomes an endless loop conecting then disappears then starts again. The game does say sync beside the game name then starts loading then repeates. You have to close steam to stop it. You can load the game from the installed directory in the steam folder and it loads the game then says you don't own it. Then when you goto the steam store it says you own the game. Then you click play and it loads the game then says please buy the game. It's an endless loop for me Would be nice to know if a sever or something is down and causing the problem.

Can you please clarify if you've cleared your registry yet? I will quote my post from the previous page here: If you are getting a 'Yo

I apologize for the inconvenience. When uninstalling, please also make sure you delete your SyncFs folders for the games effected from your

C:\Users\%Username%\Documents\Telltale Games\ file directory,

and then reinstall the games, and you should not experience this issue anymore.

haha49 posted: »

Did that still got the same problem I'm playing the steam verison. It effects the following games for me... The walking dead Season 1, 400 d

• edited July 2014
    I did that same problem. I told steam under the settings to turn the cloud settings off it seems to load the game fine from steam now I still get the you don't own this game though. When it's offline it works fine when it's online it doesn't work.

I apologize for the inconvenience. When uninstalling, please also make sure you delete your SyncFs folders for the games effected from your

• I fixed the problem with mine... It's steam not the game it self. I turned on the steam beta program restarted steamd and WAMO! it works stupid steam update causing problems. I also turned cloud sync off doing both fixed my problem loads the game instantly and just works online now.

Problem might be due to steam did an update that was supposed to fix how the cloud system worked and it went funky with the telltale severs. You might want to contact steam to get the problem fixed as it works fine with the beta just not in the regular current steam version. Last update was fine the current version has problems.

I did that same problem. I told steam under the settings to turn the cloud settings off it seems to load the game fine from steam now I still get the you don't own this game though. When it's offline it works fine when it's online it doesn't work.

• Correction I got the game to load with out problems I just can't play the game as the you don't own this game keeps poping up AGH!

I fixed the problem with mine... It's steam not the game it self. I turned on the steam beta program restarted steamd and WAMO! it works stu

My apologies. You should be able to restart Steam, and you will not experience this error message again. If you do see the error message after restarting Steam, please try reinstalling the game one more time, then closing out of Steam before starting it, and reopen Steam and start the game, and the issue should be resolved. Again, my apologies for any difficulties this causes.

Correction I got the game to load with out problems I just can't play the game as the you don't own this game keeps poping up AGH!

• The problem seems to be off and on at times. Works fine in offline mode. Online not so much. It sometimes works sometimes it doesn.t had to restart the game 3 times 1 time to get it to run. It's weird ever since the last steam update it's been funky for all tellgames I own.

My apologies. You should be able to restart Steam, and you will not experience this error message again. If you do see the error message aft

• I also don't know how to play ep4. I haven't got problems with previous episodes... My brother bought game on steam and I have steam conected my account with his so i can play all his games... But now first time i've got the problem like this. Please help :)

• did al the stepps, clean and deleted everything as told no luck so far!
    Still can't download ep 4, either i get still comming or don't own message....

• after the 3rd reinstall game finaly "allows" me to download episode, will it let me believe i could but when i click on it to download the game wil directly tell me mij pc needs internet.... connecting and downloading al other season all went fine episode 4 still unplayeble.....

edited July 2014

My apologies, please try deleting your SyncFs folder from your

C:\Users\%Username%\Documents\Telltale Games\The Wolf Among Us\ file directory if on PC,

or

~Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/The Wolf Among Us/ file directory if on Mac,

and then restart the game, and you should receive any of the necessary updates to make Episode 4 available to download. (If on Mac, your Library folder is sometimes hidden, to make it visible, please open a Finder window, and at the top of the screen, click Go and hold down the Option key. The Library will now become available in the drop down menu. Click that and follow the above file path, and delete the SyncFs folder from there, then restart the game.)

This discussion has been closed.