WDS1 Android Save Data Located? (Repost from a topic)

Hi. Could you atleast tell me where the game saves in WD S1 for ANdroid are located?

Cuz at this time, I was on the office scene when I pressed the home button to put my phone to sleep for a reason. I removed the background process as well. Then, moments later, I turn my phone on and run the game, I often get an error "Unfortunately, WD S1 has stopped" then...I reinstalled it and lost everything. Now I have to start all over again because of this error. Just in case. I need that save data location so I would backup it before I reinstall the app. BTW, that error never bothered me though. But what really bothers me is LOSING MY SAVE DATA. And pls. fix. Tnx!

Cheers! A hammer for you to bash the brains!

Comments

• Bump. Please help??????? Where are they located???
  • TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff
    The game saves for the Android version of The Walking Dead: Season One save internally within the game application, and unfortunately cannot be backed up outside of the game. I recommend making sure you do not exit or close the game while an autosave or loading sequence happens, otherwise your save files may be corrupted. Again, my apologies for any difficulties this may cause you.
  • Thanks for the reply. I do not quit the game during autosaves and loading sequences. But I'd take that advice of yours.

Btw, I'd like to suggest about the next update, can you make the savedata be saved outside the game. I really need it backed up when something goes wrong.

The game saves for the Android version of The Walking Dead: Season One save internally within the game application, and unfortunately cannot

• Oh...btw..I think the error shows up...probably when there's insufficient memory. I will contribute some bugs if I found some. I'd be glad I can be some help.
    scoutpred posted: »

Thanks for the reply. I do not quit the game during autosaves and loading sequences. But I'd take that advice of yours. Btw, I'd like t

Thank you for the extra information, I will make sure to pass it along. I hope you enjoy the game!

Oh...btw..I think the error shows up...probably when there's insufficient memory. I will contribute some bugs if I found some. I'd be glad I can be some help.

• Ah...wait...Sorry for this. I did not update my WD S1 to its latest version. I believe everything went well smoothly. I'll inform you when there are some bugs. Thanks for the reply.

Thank you for the extra information, I will make sure to pass it along. I hope you enjoy the game!

You're welcome, I hope you enjoy the game!

Ah...wait...Sorry for this. I did not update my WD S1 to its latest version. I believe everything went well smoothly. I'll inform you when there are some bugs. Thanks for the reply.

• Sir, two questions.

1. My phone was recently rooted. Was digging with the data in the root. What I saw was some file with the prefixes _savedata in it, with the word "bundle" in it. Are they save datas?

2. If I delete an episode I recently finished to free space, would as well delete the stats and choices I made in that episode?

Your choices and save games are stored in the base application (Episode 1). As long as you have Episode 1 installed on your device, your save games will be stored there. This means you can play through Episode 2, then after finishing it, delete it, and download Episode 3, etc.

Yes the _savedata.bundle files are your save data, but please note that the moving or altering of save files is not supported at this time, and moving them or backing them up externally may corrupt the files.

Sir, two questions. * My phone was recently rooted. Was digging with the data in the root. What I saw was some file with the prefixes _

• Thanks!

Your choices and save games are stored in the base application (Episode 1). As long as you have Episode 1 installed on your device, your sav

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.