The Walking Dead - PC Version issues

edited September 2012 in Game Support
Well after finally getting the non-steam PC version to download from TellTale, I sat down and played partway through episode 1 and then quit the game, or tried to anyway. This was where I hit the first problem. Anytime I tried to hit "Exit Game" from the Escape menu, it would just restart Episode 1. Eventually I just had to Alt+F4 out of the game.
Today, I come back to resume my save, load up the game, hit "Continue" under episode 1.....and I'm thrown back to the very start of the episode. Erm....what?! It seems that when the game just restarted when I tried to quit, it decided to over-write the auto-save with one right at the beginning instead.

For crying out loud. With Sam and Max and the Back to the Future games I had no issues.
This release however just screams of hurried and shoddy work from Telltale. As far as I'm aware at least one version of each episode has required patches to fix near enough game-breaking issues. Given the delay between episodes this is, to be frank, unacceptable.
Get your act together Telltale, or we're going to start loosing faith in your next product.

Comments

• edited September 2012
    I have very similar issues. Tried to exit, but game just kept restarting. Now it won't restart at all - just hangs up when I try to run, failing to continue.

UPDATE: Ok, now it restarts, but it restarts at the beginning - so we DO have the same issue.

Not acceptable.
  • edited September 2012
    I have the same problem. I don't know where i'm supposed to get 2 full hrs to sit down just to enjoy the first episode when it prolly won't even save anyway. I may ask for a refund as this is ridiculous.
  • edited September 2012
    I am having the same trouble.....half way through chapter 2 for the second time and it screwed me.....not a very happy camper
  • edited July 2014

So what's the fix? I'm running windows 7 , BUT have to run the game in (win 98/ME) compatibility mode. O.o Now the new error box says the game doesn't hold a VALID License? WTH.... Played episode 1 & 2, now just locks up or says an error has caused this program to stop working. then it closes the program. What a waste of $24.99.

Followed all the suggested fixes on the internet (There are MANY, and they don't work) ..... What gives Telltale?

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

@Codeman2 I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply here with the download link copied and pasted into a reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/44150/twd-support-tool-for-information-gathering

After receiving the information from your support tool, I will be able to assist you further.

Codeman2 posted: »

So what's the fix? I'm running windows 7 , BUT have to run the game in (win 98/ME) compatibility mode. O.o Now the new error box says the

• Well i am getting weird issue i have i7 laptop very powerful system i think 16gb memory ram game cut out on me said low memory!!!! wth my laptop super fast and it gave me that warning message right in middle of moment where i was bou to be eaten

Can you please clarify if you had any programs open and running in the background while you were playing, that may have been using some of your system's memory?

Well i am getting weird issue i have i7 laptop very powerful system i think 16gb memory ram game cut out on me said low memory!!!! wth my laptop super fast and it gave me that warning message right in middle of moment where i was bou to be eaten

• edited July 2014

no sir , I didn't. but finished the game . I would tell others, if you run into an issue with the game contact TellTaleMike and let him or his team know of the issue politely and give them time to help possibley fix the issue.

Thank you for the assist Mike... :)

• mostly i have which running was basically norton antivirus and some nvidia few others including internet only running

when error came up show that your system is low close all background when close walking dead season 2 game

Can you please clarify if you had any programs open and running in the background while you were playing, that may have been using some of your system's memory?

@Codeman2 You're welcome, I hope that you enjoy the game!

@hollowfication Please try closing any programs open and running in the background, and then restart your computer. Then after restarting your computer, make sure you are connected to the internet, and start the game to ensure you are receiving the latest updates and patches. You should then be able to play the game without the issue occurring.

no sir , I didn't. but finished the game . I would tell others, if you run into an issue with the game contact TellTaleMike and let him or

• I bought the season 2 , WOW played it all day....lol yes I get some opening glitches like im not authorized to play this game, or account failed to open , but after a few times of back and forth it opens and It's GAME ON!

cant wait for the next segment.... :)

Thank you for your feedback, I apologize for any issues you have experienced, I hope you enjoy the game!

I bought the season 2 , WOW played it all day....lol yes I get some opening glitches like im not authorized to play this game, or account f

This discussion has been closed.