The Walking Dead Season 2 save files gone/won't load?

Comments

• Steam cloud sync is enabled for this game. I don't have access to my old laptop to make sure the save got uploaded. I think I remember checking on my old computer that steam cloud was enabled for this game.

However I did back up "my documents" from my old computer. Would it work to transfer my saves manually? (in my old documents I have folders for both The Walking Dead and The Walking Dead 2) I forgot I hadn't moved my documents over to my new machine so I need to do that either way.

I apologize for the inconvenience. After looking over your support tool information, your Season One file directory does not seem to have an

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

Yes, if you still have your old save files from your old computer, you can copy all of your files from

C:\Users\%YOURNAME%\Documents\Games\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead\

from your old documents folder, and copy them over to your new save directory in the same file location on your new computer, and your save files should be restored.

mcguinty posted: »

Steam cloud sync is enabled for this game. I don't have access to my old laptop to make sure the save got uploaded. I think I remember check

• Thanks, it worked!

You are awesome!

Yes, if you still have your old save files from your old computer, you can copy all of your files from C:\Users\%YOURNAME%\Documents\Game

You're welcome, enjoy the game!

mcguinty posted: »

Thanks, it worked! You are awesome!

• edited July 2014

Hello - In the same boat. My episode 2 saves are not recognised, Only episode one. Gone through all the solutions in this thread with no luck. My support tool log is linked below. I tried:

• Confirmed pref.props doesn't exist in multiples places
    • Moved my documents folder with game saves to C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\ (previously was on a different drive).
    • Deleted game saves and redownloaded using steam cloud.
    • Restored a back-up of my saves from last week.
    • Tried offline mode.
    • Tried generating a new prop.prefs file (renaming original to prop.prefs.bak).
    • I've never played the game in any sort of compatibility mode, but I have re-installed and switched from Windows 8 to Windows 7 since playing ep 2.

Phew! Did I miss anything? :P Would changing OS be an issue (if compatibility settings seems to affect things for some)? I'll try re-installing the game to see if that helps.

Any help would be appreciated.

Support Tool Log:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/eme46wkzou9kp1c/TWD_support_data_pc.zip

• edited July 2014

Now will this bring back my saved files and let me replay TWD 2 after I play again? Because I just played Episode 3 and 4 but when I tried to go back nothing showed..

Also. I never exited the game while playing Season 1, 2 or 400 days. It just started this when Episode 3 came out on Season 2.

I apologize for the inconvenience. If you ever exited or closed the game, or shut off your computer during an autosave or loading sequence,

• Do I delete my folder SyncFS? Everything else is files. In SyncFs is has "Data, Meta, Temp"

Zombieland posted: »

Now will this bring back my saved files and let me replay TWD 2 after I play again? Because I just played Episode 3 and 4 but when I tried t

• Hi, I deleted everything and tried to reply the Chapters. Nothing works. This is what it shows

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/570021503602071991/7962EDBF01E0A20E28BA2FD9B2E02490AF9DA00A/

It doesn't let me click on anything on the page. I can move the mouse around but nothing will work. I can't even back out. I tried to delete the game and reinstall it. Still did the same thing. I am even on a brand new fresh install of a OS on my computer. When I did download the game. It aloud me to replay Chapter 3 and then play into Chapter 4. But now it doesn't let me reply anything.

Do I delete my folder SyncFS? Everything else is files. In SyncFs is has "Data, Meta, Temp"

• I have a big problem here. All my choises are gone and if i continue to play all the choises will be random. I have tried everything steam cloud and i cannot even download the TWD PC Support Tool.... Pleas help me fast and sorry for my english

• edited July 2014

Hi, I have the same problem, the save files do not show up when I try to play. Strange is that I was able to play and completed the game. Now my dad wants to play and we both cannot load the save files. When we click on save files, the screen just show an empty box and the game freezes. I already verified the files on the correct folder. Well, I used the support tool. Here is the link to download it.
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/lheqgj
    Please help!!

• Just to mention, I think you already know, but the problem is on season two after episode 4

• That seems to have done the trick! Thanks for the help!

Yes, please try backing up the save files in C:\Users\%YOURNAME%\Documents\telltale games\the walking dead season two then copy over t

• So What I did was. I deleted all the files and turned off Steam sync for the game. Then it let me replay the game but... You have to start from Episode 1. I haven't finished 1 since I did this so, I don't know if it will let me replay other levels after I finish. I will know tomorrow

Just to mention, I think you already know, but the problem is on season two after episode 4

edited July 2014

I apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for posting the extra information. Can you please clarify if you have Steam Cloud Syncing enabled for The Walking Dead: Season Two?

Hi, I deleted everything and tried to reply the Chapters. Nothing works. This is what it shows http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/570021

edited July 2014

After looking over your support tool information, I noticed that you had an extra prefs.prop file in your

C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead Season Two

file directory named prefs.prop_bak Please rename it to prefs.prop.bak to disable it, and restart the game and see if your save files are then restored.

Hi, I have the same problem, the save files do not show up when I try to play. Strange is that I was able to play and completed the game. No

Can you please clarify if disabling Steam Cloud Syncing allows your save files to be recognized properly?

eskay993 posted: »

Hello - In the same boat. My episode 2 saves are not recognised, Only episode one. Gone through all the solutions in this thread with no luc

I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply here with the download link copied and pasted into a reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/44150/twd-support-tool-for-information-gathering

After receiving the information from your support tool, I will be able to assist you further.

Kaibooii posted: »

I have a big problem here. All my choises are gone and if i continue to play all the choises will be random. I have tried everything steam cloud and i cannot even download the TWD PC Support Tool.... Pleas help me fast and sorry for my english

• I did what you said, but still not loading. Only a blank screen on save files and the game just freezes on it...
    Can you help me further? I also tried to load the game on another computer (a notebook) and the same problem occurred. Maybe is there any problem with my cloud or files??

After looking over your support tool information, I noticed that you had an extra prefs.prop file in your C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\Tel

Can you please clarify if you have any backup save files on your computer? Also, have you tried disabling Steam Cloud, and see if you are then able to successfully load your save files?

I did what you said, but still not loading. Only a blank screen on save files and the game just freezes on it... Can you help me further? I

• I haven't made any backups,but everything i did so far was saved on the steam cloud.I also tried disabling the Steam Cloud but it didn't work.The problem is that whenever i click the save files option the game freezes without any option to start a new game or anything.

Can you please clarify if you have any backup save files on your computer? Also, have you tried disabling Steam Cloud, and see if you are then able to successfully load your save files?

• Unfortunately not.

Can you please clarify if disabling Steam Cloud Syncing allows your save files to be recognized properly?

My apologies, can you possibly take a screenshot of the image that you are seeing when the game freezes?

I haven't made any backups,but everything i did so far was saved on the steam cloud.I also tried disabling the Steam Cloud but it didn't wor

• I do. I deleted all the info from the files and turned off sync before I went into game. It made me start from Episode 1. The question I do have now. After I play through a few episodes. Will I get the same problem?

I apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for posting the extra information. Can you please clarify if you have Steam Cloud Syncing enabled for The Walking Dead: Season Two?

• Alt text

And it just stays like that,and then i can only close the game pressing alt+tab

My apologies, can you possibly take a screenshot of the image that you are seeing when the game freezes?

My apologies. If you have disabled Steam Cloud Syncing, and have started a new playthrough, you should not experience the same issue.

I do. I deleted all the info from the files and turned off sync before I went into game. It made me start from Episode 1. The question I do have now. After I play through a few episodes. Will I get the same problem?

• So is there a solution?

And it just stays like that,and then i can only close the game pressing alt+tab

My apologies, we are still currently looking into the issue. I hope to have an update and more information in the near future. Unfortunately at this time, the only workaround would be to delete your game saves and start a new game.

So is there a solution?

• Okay,i can't really access the game's files so that wouldn't really be possible,i'll just wait for now thanks and keep me posted.

My apologies, we are still currently looking into the issue. I hope to have an update and more information in the near future. Unfortunately at this time, the only workaround would be to delete your game saves and start a new game.

You can delete your save files by deleting all of the files and folders inside of your

C:\Users\%Username%\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead - Season Two\ file directory,

and then restarting the game while connected to the internet, and you will be able to play the game successfully from the beginning. Please make sure to also disable Steam Cloud Saving. (You can do this by right clicking on the game in your Steam library, clicking properties, and click the updates tab. Near the bottom of the page, you can see if the Steam cloud is enabled for The Walking Dead: Season 2. Please uncheck the box for Steam Cloud Saving.)

Okay,i can't really access the game's files so that wouldn't really be possible,i'll just wait for now thanks and keep me posted.

• I just finished TWD S1 but when I try to find my saves it is unable to find them. I Know they are completed and I have tried restarting my device and switching save files. I copied my S1 to all three slots but it still can not find them. Please help I really do not want to randomize my responses for S2. I'm also using a Ipad mini (First version) and I have updated everything to its latest update.

I apologize for the delayed response. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game after turning Steam Cloud Saving Off?

If you have updated both of the game applications to the latest version, please close the game and all other applications running in the background. This should free up necessary system resources. (To close an app running in the background on iOS 6 and before: double tap the home button to make all running apps appear at the bottom of the screen, hold down on an app you wish to close and red buttons will appear, tap the red buttons to close the apps. If on iOS 7, double tap the home button and swipe up on the open apps to close them) Also, please turn off your iOS device for at least three minutes before attempting to play the game again. This will allow the device’s cache to clear.

Then after restarting your device, please reset the WiFi by turning the WiFi Settings Off, and back On again. Then try starting the game application again, and see if you are able to successfully import your saves to Season Two.

raccoonlord posted: »

I just finished TWD S1 but when I try to find my saves it is unable to find them. I Know they are completed and I have tried restarting my d

• Hi, I am having the same problem, here is the file from support tool. https://www.sendspace.com/file/4gtlz7

Please rename the prefs.prop file in

C:\Program Files (x86)\The Walking Dead Episode 3\Pack\default

to prefs.prop.bak to disable it, then restart the game, and your save files should be restored.

realgamer posted: »

Hi, I am having the same problem, here is the file from support tool. https://www.sendspace.com/file/4gtlz7

• It Worked! Thank you very much!!

Please rename the prefs.prop file in C:\Program Files (x86)\The Walking Dead Episode 3\Pack\default to prefs.prop.bak to disable it, then restart the game, and your save files should be restored.

You're welcome, enjoy the game!!

realgamer posted: »

It Worked! Thank you very much!!

• Recently i am getting BSOD while playing TWD 2 (currently on Episode 3) and when i start the game, the color tone weirdly turns reddish and my progress was lost. I still can select chapter and episode but i've lost all of my choice. Selecting save game data didn't work, can't click anywhere even Esc won't work

I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply here with the download link copied and pasted into a reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/44150/twd-support-tool-for-information-gathering

After receiving the information from your support tool, I will be able to assist you further.

wysiweeg posted: »

Recently i am getting BSOD while playing TWD 2 (currently on Episode 3) and when i start the game, the color tone weirdly turns reddish and

• edited August 2014

I missed the last choice of the episode 2 and 3 how can I recover them?
    Here are the data of the tool:
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/02i4tn

My apologies, can you please clarify your specific issue that you are experiencing? Can you not access your saves? Can you access your save files page from the main menu?

Ranker posted: »

https://www.sendspace.com/file/07y3o6 what can i do to load my save?

This discussion has been closed.