Walking Dead Season 1 ep 3 - All saves gone.

Hi,

So I logged into my mac version of the Walking dead today after having played it a few hours before and saved game was gone, it wants me to start from the beginning and randomize decisions. Please help!

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply here with the download link copied and pasted into a reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/44150/twd-support-tool-for-information-gathering

After receiving the information from your support tool, I will be able to assist you further.

edited July 2014

I apologize for the inconvenience. After looking over your support tool information, there doesn't seem to be any incorrect files. If you ever exited or closed the game while the autosaving or loading sequence was occurring, your save files may have become corrupted.

If you did not exit or close the game during an autosave or loading sequence, please do a search on your computer for 'prefs.prop'. You should only have one copy of this file in your save game directory. If you find another copy elsewhere, this needs to be removed. Usually this duplicate file can be found in either a Gamedata folder adjacent to your save directory, or in your installation folder. If you are playing on Steam, you will need to find the Walking Dead game data within your Steam installation folder. If you remove this prefs file, but still experience the issue, then it's possible the duplicate file is being recognized instead of the prefs in your save directory. Please take the duplicate file and move it into your save folder (which will overwrite the existing file). You may want to back-up both of these files before attempting this process, just in case.
    Unfortunately, if this does not resolve your issue, then your prefs file has most likely been corrupted.

This is rare, but can happen if the save is compromised (for example, if the game crashes during an autosave, or if the game is closed using Task Manager). If this is the case, then the corrupted prefs can no longer be used and should be removed from your computer to prevent any further complications.

• Hey after I bought season 2 and episode 4 came out i decided to install the game and then to start off where I restarted in season 1, but the save was corrupt for some unknown reason, so I deleted the save files, then I reset the game like when I first bought the game, so I played all the way to episode 4 and then I quit the game after I auto saved. So I tried playing where I left off and I ended up and the end of episode 3 again, so I played farther into episode 4, like to the part at the docks and auto-saved and it left me off again at the end of episode 3. So as a final resort I tried played episode 4 all in one go and got to the beginning of episode 5 and let it auto-save. So I checked my save files, my latest save file says save_59.save and the date on it is my latest save at 8/1/2014 3:34pm, then I started the game up again, and it says that the latest file I can load is episode 3 7/31/2014 22:19:23, I delete my old prefs.pack folder, the only prefs.pack folder and prefs.pack.bak folder left are from today, I have the save file so why doesn't the game recognize? There wasn't a problem when I exited to the main menu this only happens when I exit the game.

I apologize for the inconvenience. After looking over your support tool information, there doesn't seem to be any incorrect files. If you ev

I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply
    here with the download link copied and pasted into a reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/44150/twd-support-tool-for-information-gathering

After receiving the information from your support tool, I will be able to assist you further.

• I figured out what to do, I just press play for episode 5 and it went right to were I left off, some guy on the steam forums with a mac tried it and I tired with my pc, so yeah

Thank you for providing the extra information. I hope you are now able to enjoy the game!

lowrider93 posted: »

I figured out what to do, I just press play for episode 5 and it went right to were I left off, some guy on the steam forums with a mac tried it and I tired with my pc, so yeah

This discussion has been closed.