TWDG Season 1 Episode 2 freezing

I've played season one before all the way through and I wanted to replay it, but whenever I load episode two on my new save file, the game asks me if I want to rewind, even though I'm not trying to rewind. Whether I say yes or no, the game ends up freezing entirely.

I ran the support tool and uploaded the file here:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/3590wa

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

Please rename the prefs.prop file in

C:\Users\Emma\Downloads\Steam\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\Pack\default

to prefs.prop.bak to disable it, and restart the game and your saves should be restored.

• I tried that, but it just deleted all of my new file's data.

Please rename the prefs.prop file in C:\Users\Emma\Downloads\Steam\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\Pack\default to prefs.prop.bak to disable it, and restart the game and your saves should be restored.

I would then recommend try swapping that prefs.prop file with the one in your Documents/Telltale Games/The Walking Dead/ file structure, and see if you are then able to see your saves.

emmuh28 posted: »

I tried that, but it just deleted all of my new file's data.

• I tried that as well, my new file's data is still gone.

I would then recommend try swapping that prefs.prop file with the one in your Documents/Telltale Games/The Walking Dead/ file structure, and see if you are then able to see your saves.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify if you used another save slot when starting a new game, or if you over-writ your previous game save slot?

I tried that as well, my new file's data is still gone.

• I kept my old save file in Slot 1, then made my new save file in Slot 3; I didn't overwrite any previous save files or copy any previous save files.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify if you used another save slot when starting a new game, or if you over-writ your previous game save slot?

edited July 2014

I apologize for the inconvenience. After you renamed the prefs.prop file in

C:\Users\Emma\Downloads\Steam\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\Pack\default

can you please clarify if you were still able to see the saves in Slot 1, and just not the new saves in Slot 3? If so, your new saves may have become corrupted, and I would then recommend playing with the original prefs.prop file, and starting a new game. I apologize for any difficulties this may cause you.

I kept my old save file in Slot 1, then made my new save file in Slot 3; I didn't overwrite any previous save files or copy any previous save files.

• I was able to see the saves in Slot 1, just not Slot 3. I'll make a new post if I run into the same issue again. Thank you for trying to help!

I apologize for the inconvenience. After you renamed the prefs.prop file in C:\Users\Emma\Downloads\Steam\steamapps\common\The Walking De

You're welcome, I hope you enjoy the game!

I was able to see the saves in Slot 1, just not Slot 3. I'll make a new post if I run into the same issue again. Thank you for trying to help!

• edited July 2014

Hi, hate to post again, but I ran into another issue... I played my game up to the end of episode three, then I had to shut down my game. When I started it back up again, my save file says I'm still on episode one. (I waited until the credits finished rolling and only quit when the game had returned to the title screen; I did not interrupt the credits or the stats). It's not just displaying the wrong episode name, because when I try to launch episodes three or four, it offers to randomly generate choices.

I did run the support tool again, and uploaded the file here: https://www.sendspace.com/file/sg41pd

You're welcome, I hope you enjoy the game!

After looking over your support tool, it seems as though a new prefs.prop file was created in

C:\Users\YOURNAME\Downloads\Steam\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\Pack\default

(You can see the time stamp on the file is from yesterday.) Please rename that file to prefs.prop.bak to disable it, then restart the game, and your save files should be restored.

Hi, hate to post again, but I ran into another issue... I played my game up to the end of episode three, then I had to shut down my game. Wh

• That worked, thank you!

After looking over your support tool, it seems as though a new prefs.prop file was created in C:\Users\YOURNAME\Downloads\Steam\steamapps

You're welcome, enjoy the game!!

That worked, thank you!

• I've the same issue on Mac OS, Season 1 Episode 4. When Lee starts to climb the stairs to check on Kenny in the house, he freezes on the steps. I think my download may have been interrupted and not fully downloaded, yet the episode shows as downloaded. I'm loving the game, but hating the fact that I can't move onward. Any idea for a Mac user?

Please try rewinding to the previous chapter/checkpoint before that scene, and then replay through to that point again, and see if you are then able to complete that particular part. If you are still unable to complete that part because of the issue, can you please clarify if you are playing the Telltale Games version or the Steam version?

• I'll attempt the rewind and reply if that doesn't work. I'm using the Telltale games version as downloaded directly from this site.

Please try rewinding to the previous chapter/checkpoint before that scene, and then replay through to that point again, and see if you are t

This discussion has been closed.