Android - Walking Dead S2 - Unable to find season 1 save file

edited June 2014 in Game Support

Hi there,

I've purchase the whole season 1 at Google Play store and finished all the episodes including the 400 days.Then I removed the app from my phone.

Today I downloaded season 2 from Play store and, the app couldn't find my save file from season 1, is it something that can be fixed?

I assume that even after I uninstalled the app, it would keep the savings so that I would be able to carry on my game when I had the 2nd season?

Is there a way to check if the folder is still in my phone and that I can load it?

Thanks

Comments

• I still have season 1 on my nexus 7 and its not finding my season 1 save. I really don't want to play with random choices made for me from season 1. Not sure why it's not finding the save

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff
    edited June 2014

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please try updating The Walking Dead: Season Two to the latest version, and you should then be able to successfully import your Season One save files into Season Two.

• Hi TelltaleMike,

I'm not sure if you aswer was for me or not but, I've checked and I'm running the latest app version :(

Is it not possible to use Google cloud (thru Google Games app) to save the game?

thanks,

My apologies, in order to import your saves, you will need both Season One with full save games, and Season Two, both updated to the latest version, on your device in order to successfully import the saves over to Season Two. Can you please clarify if you ever uninstalled The Walking Dead: Season One from your device? Unfortunately if you did, the game saves were stored internally inside the game application, and would be lost if the application was ever uninstalled.

Hi TelltaleMike, I'm not sure if you aswer was for me or not but, I've checked and I'm running the latest app version Is it not possible to use Google cloud (thru Google Games app) to save the game? thanks,

• Hi TelltaleMike,

thanks for your response.

Yes, I uninstalled Season One, so I guess I lost my saves. TBH I wasn't expecting you guys to release Season Two on Android this quick, after waiting 2 years for Season One and, not knowing anything about the Two, it would be pretty hard to keep an app with that size installed.

Thanks anyway, help much appreciated.

My sincerest apologies, I hope you are able to enjoy the game.

Hi TelltaleMike, thanks for your response. Yes, I uninstalled Season One, so I guess I lost my saves. TBH I wasn't expecting you guys

• I have the exact same problem as Wilco81. I still have season 1 in my Nexus 7, and I've played everything from the first episode to 400 days, but when I try to start playing Season 2, it says it's not able to find any season 1 save. Both are updated to the latest version, and I even removed season 2 and installed it again after finishing everything in season 1. Please help. This really sucks...

Can you please clarify if you have Season One saved internally, or to an external SD Card? Also, are you running any third-party programs or ROMs in the background, while attempting to import your Season One saves?

confused- posted: »

I have the exact same problem as Wilco81. I still have season 1 in my Nexus 7, and I've played everything from the first episode to 400 days

• I have it saved internally, and I'm not running any third-party programs or ROMs in the background.

Can you please clarify if you have Season One saved internally, or to an external SD Card? Also, are you running any third-party programs or ROMs in the background, while attempting to import your Season One saves?

• I have the same problem on my Nexus 7. Did you ever find a solution?

Wilco81 posted: »

I still have season 1 on my nexus 7 and its not finding my season 1 save. I really don't want to play with random choices made for me from season 1. Not sure why it's not finding the save

• Hi. I may be at the wrong topic for some reason but could you atleast tell me where the game saves in WD S1 for Amdroid are located?

Cuz at this time, I was on the office scene when I pressed the home button to put my phone to sleep for a reason. I removed the background process as well. Then, moments later, I turn my phone on and run the game, I often get an error "Unfortunately, WD S1 has stopped" then...I reinstalled it and lost everything. Now I have to start all over again because of this error. Just in case. I need that save data location so I would backup it before I reinstall the app. BTW, that error never bothered me though. But what really bothers me is LOSING MY SAVE DATA. And pls. fix. Tnx!

Cheers! A hammer for you!

The game saves for the Android version of The Walking Dead: Season One save internally within the game application, and unfortunately cannot be backed up outside of the game. I recommend making sure you do not exit or close the game while an autosave or loading sequence happens, otherwise your save files may be corrupted. Again, my apologies for any difficulties this may cause you.
    scoutpred posted: »

Hi. I may be at the wrong topic for some reason but could you atleast tell me where the game saves in WD S1 for Amdroid are located? Cuz

• I just wrapped up Season 1 (well done), and attempted to start Season 2 but my save file will not transfer. The file does exist, I checked with a file browser. No 3rd party apps were actively "running" in the background. I am running the current android build on a Nexus 5. Both Season 1 and 2 are updated to the current version, and are still installed on my phone. I have tried restarting the phone, with no change.

Please advise.

I am quite comfortable filing a bug report, if desired.

My apologies, can you please clarify if your save file is a completed save of Season One all on one save slot? Also, have you made sure to start Season Two, tap 'Play' on the main menu, and select a save slot to import your saves to?

Whodunnit posted: »

I just wrapped up Season 1 (well done), and attempted to start Season 2 but my save file will not transfer. The file does exist, I checked w

• Yes, it is a completed Season One game on a single save slot. I did start Season Two, tap 'Play' on the main menu, and select a save slot to import your saves to?
    Walking Dead S1 Save

My apologies, can you please clarify if your save file is a completed save of Season One all on one save slot? Also, have you made sure to start Season Two, tap 'Play' on the main menu, and select a save slot to import your saves to?

I apologize, unfortunately it sounds as if you have tried all of the potential solutions to resolve the issue. My last recommendation would be to try deleting the Season Two game application from your device, and then re-download it from the Google Play Store, and see if you are then able to successfully import your Season One saves.

• I tried deleting the Season Two game application from my device, and then re-download it from the Google Play Store. It did not fix the issue. I'm a bit disappointed that all potential solutions have been exhausted.

I am willing to submit a bug report, if you are interested in fixing the issue for future customers. Please let me know where to send it, if you are interested.

I guess I'll be playing a randomized experience....

I apologize, unfortunately it sounds as if you have tried all of the potential solutions to resolve the issue. My last recommendation would

• I have the same problem. I bought season 2 thinking i could carry over my choices. i am also disappointed there is no solution going further. I bought the season 2 pass and am going to request a refund.

Whodunnit posted: »

I tried deleting the Season Two game application from my device, and then re-download it from the Google Play Store. It did not fix the issu

• Thread: Android-Unable to find save files from ss1

I just downloaded WD ss2 after finished all episodes in ss1.

When I tried to play ss2, it couldn't find save files from ss1.

I didn't delete ss1 from my phone.

What should I do to fix the problem?

(I play this game on Sony Xperia)

• More information I downloaded this game to mobile memory, not sd card.

• Hello,
    I have the same problem.
    I have all episodes of season 1 competed including 400 days. I have season two installed on my device.
    I don't use an SD card, so both apps are in internal memory. Season two can not find save file from first season.
    I did not delete first season ever.
    I did not close it accidentally
    I found a directory with files of first season on device.
    Anything from this topic didn't help.
    So. I would like to have a complete refund for season two least. It's awful you can't make it work properly!
    What do I have to do?

• Same ploblem here!!

mikheev_g posted: »

Hello, I have the same problem. I have all episodes of season 1 competed including 400 days. I have season two installed on my device.

• Hello,im sorry for my bad english. i have the same problem on my samsung S5. unable to found saving files. what can i do??? please help me. i dont want to uninstall the game. thx and greetz from germany

• Hi I have the same problem with my game. Season 1 save can not be found. I have a Samsung Note 10.1(not 2014). The games is updated and I have not removed season 1 TWD. I have completed Season 1 (even 400 days).

• edited August 2014

Why do you write these things to people?!!!
    Even I know that saves are NOT inside the game on android!
    You just need a root explorer and you'll get saves: root/data/data/com.telltalegames.walkingdead100/files/default

My apologies, in order to import your saves, you will need both Season One with full save games, and Season Two, both updated to the latest

• Same issue.. complete save data file for season 1 and 400 days on my galaxy tab 4 and I just downloaded season 2 before heading to bed last night so I'm fairly certain that I have the latest version. Season 2 just can't locate my season one save. Will this be fixed soon? If not? Then I'm gonna want a refund..

• I have the exact same issue on my Nexus 7. Extremely frustrating. I really hope you find a solution soon, as I'm very reluctant to start playing Season 2 with random choices. That just ruins the immersion for me.

• I'm having the same problem. I just finished season one today, and have just downloaded season two. I have the latest versions of the game and season 2 won't find the save files from season 1. What to do?
    HTC One

• Same problem here. Got a Nexus 5 with a complete save file including 400 days and Season 2 can't find it. I have tried everything suggested on this page. Such a disappointment. Playing with random choices just won't cut it for me so let me know when the problem is fixed.

• Same issue here. I have completed the season 1 and the game shows all the stats from the episodes inside the season 1 app. When I switch to season 2 and start a new game and the game asks to import season 1 save it can't find it, "unable to find a save". The games are stored on phone's own memory. I've been playing the game on my Note 2, 4.4.2 KitKat. I can't think of doing anything unusual. I did delete the episodes I had played in season 1 to save space but kept always the current episode I was playing. At the moment I have all the s1 episodes installed. I also deleted the season 2 app and downloaded it again but it didn't solve the problem. Is there something I can still try to do?

• edited August 2014

same problem, i bought season 1 recently on my note 2, complete it (including 400 days) and now i bought season 2 season pass and game can't find my saves from s1... this is bullshit, i should bought only s2, and play with random choices anyway ^^ if u can't do something good, don't do it at all. I just wasted 2 days for season 1 and for what? can u give me back my time? i don't think so... A lot of your customers have the same problem, so could u please do something about this? Some update or something else? I really hate idea playing s2 with random choices, after wasting 2 days to finish s1.
    I hope u guys will do something about this soon.
    Or I'm going to ask u for refund, both seasons!!

edited August 2014

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. For those of you experiencing this issue, can you please clarify if you have downloaded and installed Episode 4 inside the game application? Also, have you updated the game application to the latest version?

• omg, dude just please don't start over with "i sincerely apologize".
    In my case, yes, s1 and s2 are updated to latest version s1 - 1.09 and s2 - 1.15
    I just bought season pass for s2, 3 days ago i bought season pass for s1 and yes, i have all episodes downloaded for both seasons.
    And if u can't help us with this problem, and still wanna reward us for inconvenients u could tell us when wolf among us will be on google play :P
    Sorry if i was rough i know it's not your fault and all, but we just wanna play this awesome game the way we like, with our choices :)
    I hope u will find a way to help us :)

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. For those of you experiencing this issue, can you please clarify if you have downloaded and ins

Thank you for providing the extra information, I will make sure to pass it along to the team for further investigation.

gr8pio posted: »

omg, dude just please don't start over with "i sincerely apologize". In my case, yes, s1 and s2 are updated to latest version s1 - 1.09 an

• So when we could expect your further information?

Thank you for providing the extra information, I will make sure to pass it along to the team for further investigation.

• The game application is updated to the latest version from Play. Haven't downloaded and installed episode 4 for s2. It was downloaded previously but then I deleted the s2 app and installed it again.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. For those of you experiencing this issue, can you please clarify if you have downloaded and ins

We believe to have located the issue, and are currently working on a resolution. I will make sure to update this thread when I have any more information to provide on the fix. I apologize for any difficulties experienced due to this.

• I have tried everything to try and get season 2 of walking dead to find season one saved files. Looked for all the game files and put them all in one spot removed and reinstalled both of them. Nothing seems to work.is there any thing that i can do to fix this problem? I have and lg gpad. I just dont want it to be a waste of my time to have replayed the whole first season if i cant use my choices in season 2.
    I

• Thank you, much appreciated. We'll be waiting :)

We believe to have located the issue, and are currently working on a resolution. I will make sure to update this thread when I have any more information to provide on the fix. I apologize for any difficulties experienced due to this.

• same here. I can't get it to find the goddamn save file fix it quick will ya?

This discussion has been closed.