Walking Dead Season 2 will no longer run

Thought I would post here for help in fixing my issue, tried googling but to no success. My Walking Dead season 2 game simply will not run after the latest release, and I have no idea why. It just opens up to a black screen for a few seconds, before returning to the desktop with no change or anything. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, tried updating to latest direct x, rebooting PC, running as admin, changing compatibility modes, it's infuriating to no end. Anyone know of my problem and a way to fix it? Maybe it's suddenly just my PC, but I'm not sure.

Comments

• Got exactly the same problem, I am on the X360 and it doesn't crash, just freezes on the black screen. Tried deleting and re-downloading, didn't fix it.

• I have the same issue. I contacted XBL support tried some things and nothing fixed it. So sad!

• I also have the probl on 360! XBL support couldn't help this needs to be fixed before tomorrow! :(

Ligastos posted: »

Got exactly the same problem, I am on the X360 and it doesn't crash, just freezes on the black screen. Tried deleting and re-downloading, didn't fix it.

• Ditto. from my 360, loaded the game, it prompted me to update it. Clicked start at the title screen, it goes blank!?!? I tried deleting the main game and that doesn't solve it. I am in the process of deleting everything (season pass and all to see if that works). The minute I downloaded the update it like fried the game though. I will update if this works.

• Same problem here too. It just goes to a black screen. I hope this gets fixed.

• I cleared the cache 3 times back to back to back. I contacted support and they had me clear the system network settings (since I am connected wired) and rebooted but nothing worked. They said they think there is an issue with the 3rd party servers (TellTale) so that is where I am at waiting for them to let us know what is going on.

fragnus posted: »

Ditto. from my 360, loaded the game, it prompted me to update it. Clicked start at the title screen, it goes blank!?!? I tried deleting th

• I have the same issue with my xbox 360, can some please help I need to finish season 2.

• Glad I'm not the only one. Hurryyyy.... can't avoid spoilers much longer.

• andddddddddddddd...............what I tried did not work as well.

I cleared the cache 3 times back to back to back. I contacted support and they had me clear the system network settings (since I am connecte

• For the love of all that is holy, is there a solution in sight?

• Well, I made it past the black screen of death. Now, when I go to download it, there's an 'X' beside the download option. I think we're getting closer...

• Saw this on another thread: I apologize for the inconvenience. If you are seeing Episode 5 as available to download, it is in error. Episode 5 will be available to download on the Xbox 360, Wednesday, August 27th.

EZcheeser21 posted: »

Well, I made it past the black screen of death. Now, when I go to download it, there's an 'X' beside the download option. I think we're getting closer...

• This happened to be but after about 2 min the screen started loading

• Is there any news on a fix

• Friends, Countrymen, Romans. lend me your ears.
    Leave the black screen on for a few minutes (X360 users), it will run at some point, just takes extremely long to load but it works!

• I have the same problem as you Zelphy :(

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

We believe the Black Screen issue for Xbox 360 is now resolved. Please restart your console, and start the game while connected to the internet, and you will no longer experience the issue.

If you are experiencing the issue on PC, please try restarting the game, and see if you are now able to successfully start the game. If not, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply here with the download link copied and pasted into a reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/44150/twd-support-tool-for-information-gathering

After receiving the information from your support tool, I will be able to assist you further.

• https://www.sendspace.com/file/evrxud
    I have been trying what feels like everything. Please help.

We believe the Black Screen issue for Xbox 360 is now resolved. Please restart your console, and start the game while connected to the inter

If you are still experiencing a black screen when opening the game, please try starting the game again, and when you see the blank screen, please try switching the game to Windowed Mode using the shortcut (Alt+Enter for PC, Command+F for Mac) and see if you are then able to see the game correctly. If so, please then try changing the game's resolution and graphics settings to a lower setting, and click Apply. Then try switching back to Full Screen Mode by using the same shortcut, and your issue should then be resolved.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/evrxud I have been trying what feels like everything. Please help.

• It has done this before to my xbox 360 where it won't start up after the black screen. Me and my partner played the first season and it was fine but after (season two)episode 4 came out it just became hard to do anything on it. It freezes every time we try and open the game up, we press start, pick our save and select the episode we want, (episode five) then it shows the loading circle for all of five seconds and then the game goes black. We left it for ten minutes each time and it just doesn't want to work! we paid money for the whole season for it to bugger up on the last two episodes. HELP!

Update- It stopped freezing the xbox so we can press the home button, but we still get a black screen.
    Have re downloaded the last episode twice as it was how we got the fourth episode to work. But it's still not working!! I'm ready to throw in the towel as we have been sitting here all day redownloading, and starting the game, clearing caches and I'm getting extremely agitated!!! :(

• Hello! I can't download episode 5 (season two) on my ps3, says coming soon. any idee?

We believe the Black Screen issue for Xbox 360 is now resolved. Please restart your console, and start the game while connected to the inter

• know something about ps3?

Ligastos posted: »

Friends, Countrymen, Romans. lend me your ears. Leave the black screen on for a few minutes (X360 users), it will run at some point, just takes extremely long to load but it works!

• Hello! I can't download episode 5 (season two) on my ps3, says coming soon. any idee?

If you are still experiencing a black screen when opening the game, please try starting the game again, and when you see the blank screen, p

I apologize for the inconvenience. We are currently looking into the issue, and hope to have a resolution in the near future. You can download the episode currently by opening the Playstation Store, and scrolling down to Games, then open the Games menu, and scroll all the way to the right until you see DLC. Open DLC, and the episode should be available to download from the list.

Bonze posted: »

Hello! I can't download episode 5 (season two) on my ps3, says coming soon. any idee?

I apologize for the inconvenience. We have not heard of this particular issue occurring for the latest episode. I will make sure to pass the information along the the team for further investigation. Can you please clarify if you are able to start the game, and connect if you are disconnected from the internet?

Scylana posted: »

It has done this before to my xbox 360 where it won't start up after the black screen. Me and my partner played the first season and it was

• Mine stays on the updating content load screen. (ps3)

I also have the probl on 360! XBL support couldn't help this needs to be fixed before tomorrow!

Please try deleting and re-downloading/installing the game from the Playstation Store, and make sure to update the game to the latest version. Then see if you are able to get past the Updating Content screen.

Ferro posted: »

Mine stays on the updating content load screen. (ps3)

• edited September 2014

i also have a similar issue where i've already played through da whole entire game, but i wanted to re-start some episodes, but when i tried to find a save file, it just simply doesn't even show me anything except for a blank screen, and "save file 4" then it stays a blank screen for an entire hour…i'm playing this on a MAC by the way, so i've no idea how to fix this…:( does anyone know, or can help me out???

~edit~ i even tried to re-start my computer, and it still doesn't work..i doubt deleting and re-installing will work at all..=(

I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply here with the download link copied and pasted into a reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/44150/twd-support-tool-for-information-gathering

After receiving the information from your support tool, I will be able to assist you further.

i also have a similar issue where i've already played through da whole entire game, but i wanted to re-start some episodes, but when i tried

• Still Doesn't work

Please try deleting and re-downloading/installing the game from the Playstation Store, and make sure to update the game to the latest version. Then see if you are able to get past the Updating Content screen.

Can you please clarify how many episodes of Season Two you have downloaded and installed before starting the game for the first time? Also, can you please clarify if you are connected to the internet and signed into your PSN account when starting the game, to ensure the game can connect with our servers successfully.

Still Doesn't work

• the first time I played I only had episode 1 and I am connected to the internet

Can you please clarify how many episodes of Season Two you have downloaded and installed before starting the game for the first time? Also,

Please also try deleting the game's Game Data Utility from the Game Data Utility menu from your XMB. (You can do this by going to the Games section on your XMB, then scrolling up until you reach Game Data Utility. Inside there you will see The Walking Dead: Season Two. Press Triangle while it is highlighted, and select Delete. Then restart the game, and make sure to download and install the latest update available for the game, and you should be able to play the game.

the first time I played I only had episode 1 and I am connected to the internet

This discussion has been closed.