Steam Cloud Save Won't Sync

So after previously facing issues with my save game file (I had to skip a chapter in the end), I now find that my most recent saves in the Steam cloud won't sync with my game. I only use one PC to play the game, so there is no conflict with another cloud save. I even reinstalled the game just in case that would do anything - still nothing.

Comments

• Same issue. Happened after i completed the episode 5, wanted to replay it...

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. If you are experiencing issues with Steam Cloud not updating correctly with your most recent saves, I recommend contacting Steam Support for further assistance, and suggestions on how to resolve the issue.

Mrrepzion posted: »

Same issue. Happened after i completed the episode 5, wanted to replay it...

• Had to yet AGAIN skip episodes (this times episodes 3 and 4) in order to play 5. Switched off steam sync, only to find that it still doesn't save.

This is frankly absurd. There has been no indication in any of the threads here that Telltale are attempting to address game breaking bugs like this. I suppose I'll also be expected to skip all episodes from Season 2 if its saves carry on to Season 3?

I apologize for the inconvenience. If you are experiencing issues with Steam Cloud not updating correctly with your most recent saves, I recommend contacting Steam Support for further assistance, and suggestions on how to resolve the issue.

I apologize for the inconvenience. If you are still experiencing save file troubles, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply here with the download link copied and pasted into a reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/44150/twd-support-tool-for-information-gathering

After receiving the information from your support tool, I will be able to assist you further.

Lizard97 posted: »

Had to yet AGAIN skip episodes (this times episodes 3 and 4) in order to play 5. Switched off steam sync, only to find that it still doesn't

• I apologize for the inconvenience. If you are still experiencing save file troubles, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool,

After looking over your support tool information, there doesn't seem to be a preferences file in your file directory. Can you please clarify if you ever moved or altered any files in the game's file structure? Unfortunately without your prefs.prop file for Season Two, your save files will not work. I recommend deleting the save files within

C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead Season Two

And disabling Steam Cloud, then starting a new game in Season Two. Again, my apologies for any difficulties this may cause.

Lizard97 posted: »

Here it is: https://www.sendspace.com/file/83w9bq

• Ridiculous...

Has anyone got a save game they can lend me?

After looking over your support tool information, there doesn't seem to be a preferences file in your file directory. Can you please clarify

This discussion has been closed.