Walking Dead does not run

Comments

• I can't get the game to run past the opening screen.

The game launches normally and then I click to continue. The game then says connecting, the connecting dialog goes away and the game sits on the title screen. No menus or anything. Music is playing in the background and I can move the mouse pointer around.

When I click Command Q the game quits but generates a crash report.

Any idea what is up? I use to play this game on this very machine before, but now it won't work.

I have a macbook pro running 10.6.8 and 8 gig of ram. It has the NVIDIA GeForse 9600M video card.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

If you have not run it in a while, the game silently downloads about 40MB of updates at the beginning, which can take a few minutes.

If it doesn't resolve that way, please follow the instructions to run the Support Tool and post the download link to the resulting "TWD_support_data_mac.zip" to your next reply in this thread.

Polydactyl posted: »

I can't get the game to run past the opening screen. The game launches normally and then I click to continue. The game then says connecting

• Thank you.

As soon as I get home tonight I'm going to give this a try. Maybe I was a bit impatient. I just wish it would have told me it was getting files with some kind of progress meter.

DjNDB posted: »

If you have not run it in a while, the game silently downloads about 40MB of updates at the beginning, which can take a few minutes. If it

• edited November 2013

If you have not run it in a while, the game silently downloads about 40MB of updates at the beginning, which can take a few minutes. If it

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited November 2013

Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
    Dedicated Memory: 64 MB

Your integrated graphics chip doesn't meet the minimum requirements.
    Intel graphics chips are not recommended and they don't work well with TTG's games.

turtsi354 posted: »

http://www.sendspace.com/file/yb2bk9

• Ive done everything you aid But nothing happened to my Walking dead it still wont Load after i click to continue
    Plssss Help me :)

The game saves automatically at certain points. There is no manual saving.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Please list what you already tried.

Also please follow the instructions to run the TWD Support Tool and post the download link to the resulting "TWD_support_data_pc.zip" or "TWD_support_data_mac.zip" to your next reply in this thread.

zeusaber14 posted: »

Ive done everything you aid But nothing happened to my Walking dead it still wont Load after i click to continue Plssss Help me

• Ive tried Booting it clean
    Ive created a new User and Used it
    I also Ran it as an AdministratorIve deleted my Save games
    thats all I did please Help me :)

Please list what you already tried. Also please follow the instructions to run the TWD Support Tool and post the download link to the resulting "TWD_support_data_pc.zip" or "TWD_support_data_mac.zip" to your next reply in this thread.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Without the support tool data i can't do much for you.

Ive tried Booting it clean Ive created a new User and Used it I also Ran it as an AdministratorIve deleted my Save games thats all I did please Help me

• Ive also tried that

Without the support tool data i can't do much for you.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Where did you upload the result file?

Ive also tried that

• I have found a solution to the login error. I disabled my firewall and was able to play the game. So try disabling your firewall or adding WalkingDead2.exe to your firewall exception list and that should do the trick. I hope this helps. Please give thumbs up or reply if this works for you so others will know.

• What is A Result file? :D

Where did you upload the result file?

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

The file the support tool creates. Let's try that again.

Please follow the instructions to run the TWD Support Tool and post the download link to the resulting "TWD_support_data_pc.zip" or "TWD_support_data_mac.zip" to your next reply in this thread.

What is A Result file?

• When i first played The game....It fuckin worked Perfectly but when i play it again it dosent load...there is music but Nothing else....It also dosent have the connectiong Logo

What is A Result file?

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Sorry, I fear we have a communication problem and I don't know how to help you if you don't do what I suggest.

When i first played The game....It fuckin worked Perfectly but when i play it again it dosent load...there is music but Nothing else....It also dosent have the connectiong Logo

• my problem is that one time when i opened it, it demanded me to login with my telltale account. i logged in, and it went to the title and with the click to continue thing. iclicked it, and nothing happened, just the birds chirping and the title and the info at the top. this is not the first time i opened the game i was already at the third episode with the train and i just didn't play it for a while. plsssssss help!!!

fast25 posted: »

https://www.sendspace.com/file/uefahk

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize, unfortunately it seems that you have uploaded the Support Tool itself to the file hosting website. After you download it to your computer, you will need to double click it, and a command window will pop up. Let the Batch file run, and gather the information we need to assist you, then after it is done, it will output the .zip file that you will upload to the file hosting website. After you do that, then copy and paste the download link to the .zip file you upload to a reply to this thread, and we will be able to assist you further.

my problem is that one time when i opened it, it demanded me to login with my telltale account. i logged in, and it went to the title and wi

• after i double click the tool the command prompt opens and closes immediately then that's it, no zip files, as if nothing happened

I apologize, unfortunately it seems that you have uploaded the Support Tool itself to the file hosting website. After you download it to you

• hello heres my download link https://www.sendspace.com/file/2zl8qz

I wish I could help, but I know next to nothing about iOS.

• im having problems when starting the game after i click the click to continue button. pls if you can help. thanks

koolee posted: »

hello heres my download link https://www.sendspace.com/file/2zl8qz

• when i entered to the walking dead i see click to continue h click but nothing happened i can hear sounds like birds but h cant get into the mien menu

• when i entered to the walking dead i see click to continue h click but nothing happened i can hear sounds like birds but h cant get into the mien menu
    and the word connecting didn't appear

Please try running the support tool As An Administrator, and see if it then is able to start gathering your information properly.

after i double click the tool the command prompt opens and closes immediately then that's it, no zip files, as if nothing happened

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please try starting the game again, and when you see the blank/black screen, please try switching the game to Windowed Mode using the shortcut (Alt+Enter for PC, Command+F for Mac) and see if you are then able to see the game correctly. If so, please then try changing the game's resolution and graphics settings to a lower setting, and click Apply. Then try switching back to Full Screen Mode by using the same shortcut, and your issue should then be resolved.

sherif123 posted: »

when i entered to the walking dead i see click to continue h click but nothing happened i can hear sounds like birds but h cant get into the mien menu and the word connecting didn't appear

• i do what you say buy nothing happened

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please try starting the game again, and when you see the blank/black screen, please try switching the gam

My apologies, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply here with the download link copied and pasted into a reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/44150/twd-support-tool-for-information-gathering

After receiving the information from your support tool, I will be able to assist you further.

sherif123 posted: »

i do what you say buy nothing happened

• https://www.sendspace.com/file/byi3co I am unable to open the walking dead season 2; error message walkingdead2.exe has stopped working

• Are there server problems again? I am trying to play my game, but every time I click to continue I get a message saying "unable to communicate with Telltale, please exit." I can't get into Season 1 either, it says I don't have a license for the game, but I bought that one a LONG time ago. The only downside to these games is the server problems.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Below are a few possible solutions:

1) Ensure you have the latest drivers for both your graphics card, and your computer’s BIOS

2) Restart your system

3) Unplug your gamepad (and all other USB devices other than keyboard/mouse) and plug in headphones to the audio out jack.

4) Verify your cache if you purchased through Steam (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335)

5) Run the game as admin

6) Run the game in compatibility mode (right click on game, click properties, click compatibility tab , and we recommend running the game in Windows 98/ME ) (We recommend Windows 98/ME)

7) Reinstall the game

8) Make sure that the Steam application is not set to a compatibility mode (right click on steam and click properties, then check compatibility, and make sure that it is not checked to play in a different OS)

9) Disable Steam Overlay, if you purchased through Steam (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3168263)

10) Opt out of the Steam Beta, if you purchased through Steam (http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/828934424165581080/)

gsvince3 posted: »

https://www.sendspace.com/file/byi3co I am unable to open the walking dead season 2; error message walkingdead2.exe has stopped working

My apologies, please try disabling any anti-virus or internet firewall programs open and running that may be blocking the game's access to our servers to connect successfully. If you still encounter a Login Error, this may indicate an issue with your login information in your registry. To correct this, please open a command window (Below are instructions on how to open a command window).

Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows Vista / 7: Press the Windows key. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows 8: At the start screen, type in "cmd" and press enter

Then copy the command line below and paste it into the command window, press enter, and confirm the question (to confirm the question, type “y” and press enter):

REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\Launcher”

(Please make sure when you copy the above text that you do not copy a space before or after the text, as that will produce an error message. If you still receive an error after inputting the command line, please try typing in the command line one letter/symbol at a time into the Command prompt)

Also please make sure your password ONLY contains a-z, A-Z, and 0-9 and no other characters. If you have an " or \ or any non-ASCII characters in your password, please login to your account on our website and change your password.

Also, please make sure you are using the correct username/email and password. You can verify this information by logging into your account on our website. Please also note that your login credentials are case sensitive.

Then try logging in again, and see if you are able to successfully connect and play the games.

Lena_rae84 posted: »

Are there server problems again? I am trying to play my game, but every time I click to continue I get a message saying "unable to communic

• i've purchased this game via amazon.com, and it worked the first time i played it, but when i wanted to replay it again, none of the episodes will work, when i did tried to find a save file, i was simply left with a blank page…like i've said on my previous post, i'm play it on a Mac computer, so is there any way to fix this? and how do i un-install and re-install??

• i also have the same problem

• I can't run the game. The only thing I see is a black screen and then nothing happens. I tried to reinstall, update drieves/directx. Nothing helps me.

• Ok, i have ran the support tool, here is the link: https://www.sendspace.com/file/fosnge

• pls help me, i really miss playing this game already, hahahahaha

Ok, i have ran the support tool, here is the link: https://www.sendspace.com/file/fosnge

Can you please clarify if you have tried my above solutions? If not, please try both the 10 suggestions for resolving your issue, and the Registry Delete command line, and see if your issue is resolved.

pls help me, i really miss playing this game already, hahahahaha

I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply here with the download link copied and pasted into a reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/44150/twd-support-tool-for-information-gathering

After receiving the information from your support tool, I will be able to assist you further.

Davlin posted: »

I can't run the game. The only thing I see is a black screen and then nothing happens. I tried to reinstall, update drieves/directx. Nothing helps me.

You should be able to uninstall the game by clicking on the game application's icon, and dragging it to the Trash Bin. You will also need to delete the game's file directory inside your Library folder here:

~Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/The Walking Dead 2/

And then reinstall the game using the game's installer file, and see if you are then able to play the game successfully.

i've purchased this game via amazon.com, and it worked the first time i played it, but when i wanted to replay it again, none of the episode

This discussion has been closed.