Android - Walking Dead S2 - Unable to find season 1 save file

2»

Comments

• I'm having the same issue as well...I'm playing on my Galaxy Note 3 and I just completed 400 days and the save-file from season 1 was unable to be found when I tried to transfer it over to season 2. Downloaded all episodes for season 1 and 2 within the game. This was done less than 5 days ago.

• I'm having the same issue as well...I'm playing on my Galaxy Note 3 and I just completed 400 days and the save-file from season 1 was unable to be found when I tried to transfer it over to season 2. Downloaded all episodes for season 1 and 2 within the game. This was done less than 5 days ago.

• edited August 2014

I forgot to mention that after the message "unable to find a save" shows up it says underneath

"Play Season 2" and "buy Season 1", so there seems to be no connection between the two at all, and just to see what happened when I pressed buy season 1 it came up on google play and it said that I already had season 1 installed (which I of course already knew...duh!), so there's definitely a problem between the two games saves syncing up together.

• i taste your update on playstore...perfekt...it works...im so happy thx

• I have the same issue on my asus TF701 .
    Just finished season 1 and 400. I already had season 2 but it needed the aug 14 update. Unable to find save error. I did update to kitkat 4.4.2 about halfway through season 1 which was the only variable since starting season one, 400 and updating Season 2 before starting season 2.

• I noticed the update too and after updating s2 app the issue is solved and the game finds the save!

Thanks for quickly solving the issue! I can now get back to playing this great game. :)

Galant82 posted: »

i taste your update on playstore...perfekt...it works...im so happy thx

• So I was playing season 2 and everything was ok, but then I accidentally deleted saves from s2 and when I tried to play all over again it says "unable to find save file". Then I tried to delete both games s1 and s2 and instal then again. Now I finished playing s1 and know for sure that there is game saves..but when I try to open s2 it says the same..that its unable to find save.. I as playing on Samsung s3, both games are in phones memory and both games updated till last episode. I really dont want to play s2 with random choices! I played s1 five times all over again and again hoping that this time it will work. And now I dont see why I payed such money for this game.. Waste of money and time.. So please fix it!

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

If you are unable to import your Season One saves, we have released an update that should resolve the issue. Please try updating your game application to the latest version, and then restart the app, and you should now be able to properly import your Season One save files.

• So how do i restart the app because its been updated and still cant find season one saves

Can you please clarify what version it is currently updated to? The update with the resolution to importing your saves is Version 1.16. If you have updated the game application to this version, please try closing any and all applications running in the background, then restart your device. After restarting it, open Season Two, and tap Play, then choose a save slot to import your saves to, and it should now be able to import your Season One saves. Please make sure that the save files are completed episodes, or they will not be able to be imported.

bkronk1 posted: »

So how do i restart the app because its been updated and still cant find season one saves

• TelltaleMike, thanks for the fast response. now everything works perfect!

You're welcome, enjoy the game!

Zzznake posted: »

TelltaleMike, thanks for the fast response. now everything works perfect!

• Ijust removed and reinstalled the app so it should be the latest version and still it will not find my saves closed everything running in the back ground and reset my tablet nnothing works

Can you please clarify if when you go to Settings, then Apps, then select The Walking Dead Season Two, that the version number is 1.16?

bkronk1 posted: »

Ijust removed and reinstalled the app so it should be the latest version and still it will not find my saves closed everything running in the back ground and reset my tablet nnothing works

• I have done everything to get The Walking Dead season 2 to recognize my save, apart from uninstalling, reinstalling and playing the game over again and nothing has worked.. I have version 1.16 of season 2 and completed season 1 save through to 400 days. Season 1 is version 1.09 so everything is just how it should be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify if you ever moved or altered the game's save files in any way? Also, can you please clarify what Android device you are currently using?

stahon posted: »

I have done everything to get The Walking Dead season 2 to recognize my save, apart from uninstalling, reinstalling and playing the game ove

• Hey Mike, no offense but why would you lie to people? Even for S1 I see the game saves in the "Telltale" folder. I get it if you're worried about people breaking their phones, though.

The game saves for the Android version of The Walking Dead: Season One save internally within the game application, and unfortunately cannot

My apologies, unfortunately we do not officially support the backing up of files on Android devices, because moving or altering the game files may either corrupt save files, or cause the game to not launch correctly and my comment was only a precaution.

transfo47 posted: »

Hey Mike, no offense but why would you lie to people? Even for S1 I see the game saves in the "Telltale" folder. I get it if you're worried about people breaking their phones, though.

• Ah, Ok i see. Better to go the safe route sometimes.

My apologies, unfortunately we do not officially support the backing up of files on Android devices, because moving or altering the game fil

• Well I think I did maybe copy them within the game itself, but never outside the game. I am using a google nexus 10

I apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify if you ever moved or altered the game's save files in any way? Also, can you please clarify what Android device you are currently using?

I apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately it sees that you have tried all of our potential solutions. I recommend force closing all applications that are open, then turn your device off for 5-10 minutes to allow the device's cache to clear. Then after turning the device back on, only start Season Two, and see if you are able to tap Play, choose a Save Slot, and import your saves successfully.

stahon posted: »

Well I think I did maybe copy them within the game itself, but never outside the game. I am using a google nexus 10

This discussion has been closed.