Where are my decisions from Season 1 and 400 Days?

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

After looking over your support tool information, I cannot seem to find any errors in your file structure. Can you please clarify if you purchased the Steam version, or the Telltale Games version of the game?

ali999 posted: »

Here is my file https://www.sendspace.com/file/pb4p59 Please help!

• I don‘t know, because we got the computer and the game was already in the computer. Sorry for my bad english.

After looking over your support tool information, I cannot seem to find any errors in your file structure. Can you please clarify if you purchased the Steam version, or the Telltale Games version of the game?

My apologies, I recommend contacting/emailing our Support Staff at Support@Telltalegames.com, and they will be able to assist you further with your particular issue.

I don‘t know, because we got the computer and the game was already in the computer. Sorry for my bad english.

• Thank You for your reply! :)

My apologies, I recommend contacting/emailing our Support Staff at Support@Telltalegames.com, and they will be able to assist you further with your particular issue.

• Soo.. I got this problem too, but the interesting fact is that I installed new windows recently (only disc "C:" was cleaned (which meant save files deleted too)). My games were installed on "E:". So the save file was gone, but games stayed. I began playing Season 1 since the start, completed it along with 400 Days DLC, now I was going to start Season 2, but it sadly doesn't recogonize S1. Any ideas? Pleeease..

• Soo.. I got this problem too, but the interesting fact is that I installed new windows recently (only disc "C:" was cleaned (which meant sav

• Nevermind, I fixed it myself.

Also https://www.mediafire.com/?54443u3r48ucq59

• I already fixed it. Thanks for your help!

You're welcome, enjoy the game!

I already fixed it. Thanks for your help!

I apologize for any difficulties this has caused you, enjoy the game!

Nevermind, I fixed it myself.

• This thread's great! Thanks for all the posts, everybody! I was having an issue too.

I played both times through Steam and I had some Season 1 save files, but Season 2 said I had no complete games. Turns out I had switched to compatibility mode after a few tries at Season 1, and Season 2 was only looking at the save files in my old folder from before the switch. A quick copy-over of my save games to the folder that contained Season 2 fixed it.

Just thought I'd bring that up because I got the 'play in compatibility mode' advice from TT support--so there may be a few other people with the same issue.

Please rename the prefs.prop files in

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\iFunbox_UserCache\temp_files

C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\asavewalkingdead

and C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\Telltale Games\WalkingDead

to prefs.prop.bak to disable them, and your save files from Season One should be restored.

rezabuana posted: »

i upload my file https://www.sendspace.com/file/72whoc help me please

Thank you for providing the extra information @Gwion Yes, if you play in Compatibility Mode, it will create a new file directory under 'My Documents' instead of just 'Documents'. Your save files will be located there, if you've ever run in a Compatibility Mode.

Gwion posted: »

This thread's great! Thanks for all the posts, everybody! I was having an issue too. I played both times through Steam and I had some Sea

• My saves are in the telltale games folder yet can not find saves from season one with season two. please help

tronix posted: »

Since you've located your save games from Season 1, you should simply need to copy those saves into a location where Season 2 will look for th

I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply here with the download link copied and pasted into a reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/44150/twd-support-tool-for-information-gathering

After receiving the information from your support tool, I will be able to assist you further.

rurikk82 posted: »

My saves are in the telltale games folder yet can not find saves from season one with season two. please help

• edited August 2014

Hello!
    I've recently switched PC's and copied my savegames to the new one. The Walking Dead 2 can't find my savegames. I've checked the path, it's correct. I've installed the 1st season and it's finding the files. Both are steam versions. What should i do?
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/mb977r

• edited August 2014

Dear Telltale,

First of all, sorry for my English. Now, is there any chance whatsoever that we would receive a tool where we could just choose our decisions from season 1? I remember my choices from the first season. That would just make things a lot easier for people who own your games on two different systems. If the game can generate random decisions, there must be a way that it would let the user do it. Of course I may be wrong because I'm not a programmer and I don't know what I'm talking about;) But please consider letting users to choose decisions from the first season (at least the major ones). Thanks!:)

• edited August 2014

I hope I'm not too late in posting this, but if anyone could help I would seriously appreciate it. I completed TWD Season 1, but now the save games I had are gone, and I have no idea why. I found 9 "save_#.save" (1-9 where the # sign is) files in the TheWalkingDead file on my Mac, but I have no idea what they do. TWD Season 2 can't find any save games that have my decisions. I've tried copying the 9 save files to the second folder, but that doesn't work. I tried that "going between play now and the main menu" thing, and that doesn't work. And I go back to play the first season, and it can't even find all of my save files there either. I don't go messing with my computer's files too often, so I have no idea how this could have gotten messed up so badly. I really don't want to have to play the entire first game again to get my save, and I don't know what to do. Also as another piece of information: I tried running that "file finder" thing for Macs, and it keeps saying "permission denied." Anyway, thanks for reading.

Edit: the support tool ended up finally working, and here's the link to it: https://www.sendspace.com/file/rfncmg

• Hi,

I'm having trouble getting my season 1 save files to import to season 2?

https://www.sendspace.com/file/p5a5q3

I apologize for the inconvenience. After looking over your support tool, your Season Two save files don't seem to be named correctly. Can you please clarify if you transferred the save files manually, or through the Steam Cloud save system?

Dispatter posted: »

Hello! I've recently switched PC's and copied my savegames to the new one. The Walking Dead 2 can't find my savegames. I've checked the p

Please try renaming the prefs.prop file in

/Users/YOURNAME/Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/The Walking Dead 2/

to prefs.prop.bak to disable it, then restart the game, and your save files should be restored.

I hope I'm not too late in posting this, but if anyone could help I would seriously appreciate it. I completed TWD Season 1, but now the sav

After looking over your support tool information, there doesn't seem to be any game saves on your computer. Can you please clarify if you have your save files saved in a different location than the default location? (/Application Support/Telltale Games/The Walking Dead/)

grouchery posted: »

Hi, I'm having trouble getting my season 1 save files to import to season 2? https://www.sendspace.com/file/p5a5q3

• When I did that, the game was still unable to find my save data. Renaming the file prefs.prop.bak just made the folder create a new prefs.prop, in addition to the renamed .bak one. To be honest, I think this is all stemming from the fact that my original The Walking Dead game's saves are gone...Season 2 keeps saying it's checking for a completed episodes. I don't know how the episode's completion could have possibly been lost; I wouldn't have deleted them and I don't go messing with files in my computer often enough for something like that to get erased or damaged. Loading the original The Walking Dead shows no save files at all, even though there are 9 ".save"s in TheWalkingDead's folder...any suggestions on how to retrieve a completed game into the original game?

Please try renaming the prefs.prop file in /Users/YOURNAME/Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/The Walking Dead 2/ to prefs.prop.bak to disable it, then restart the game, and your save files should be restored.

Can you please clarify if you manually created the file directory 'The Walking Dead 2'? When installing Season Two through Steam, it should create the directory /Telltale Games/The Walking Dead Season Two/. Please try renaming the prefs.prop.bak file back to prefs.prop, and rename the folder associated with Season Two to 'The Walking Dead Season Two', then restart the game, and see if you are then able to see your saves successfully.

When I did that, the game was still unable to find my save data. Renaming the file prefs.prop.bak just made the folder create a new prefs.pr

• edited September 2014

I did not manually create the file directory "The Walking Dead 2," it was there when the game was installed. Now here are a few things of interest that happened:

When I renamed the "prefs.prop" file to have a ".bak," and I played the game, and went and checked the file again, there was a "prefs.prop.bak" file AND there was a "prefs.prop" file. It automatically created another file to be named what it was originally, and kept the altered one right next to it.

When I renamed the "The Walking Dead 2" folder to "The Walking Dead Two" (A mistake on my part, I read your comment a bit too quickly and I forgot the word "Season"), the game automatically created another file "The Walking Dead 2," with "The Walking Dead Two" right next to it. The exact same thing happened when I renamed my folder "The Walking Dead Season Two," it just created another folder right next to it that was named "The Walking Dead 2."

AND none of these things helped it find my save data at all. I can't stress this enough: I have 9 .save files in the original games' folder, but no completed episodes for some reason. I didn't delete them, they just vanished one day. I really don't know what to do at this point.

Edit: Also, is there any way for me to have tech support via a call, or instant messaging? Just wondering, thanks!

Can you please clarify if you manually created the file directory 'The Walking Dead 2'? When installing Season Two through Steam, it should

My apologies. I recommend running the Support Tool information file again now, and I will be able to look at your file directory after you have renamed the folder, and restarted the game, and I should be able to assist you with your issue.

I did not manually create the file directory "The Walking Dead 2," it was there when the game was installed. Now here are a few things of in

• https://www.sendspace.com/file/oirtfy

And when you say "restart" the game, do you mean just close out of it and open it again? Or is there some steam function that like resets the app or something that I'm not aware of? Thanks.

My apologies. I recommend running the Support Tool information file again now, and I will be able to look at your file directory after you have renamed the folder, and restarted the game, and I should be able to assist you with your issue.

I apologize for my confusion. It seems I may have asked you to rename the wrong prefs.prop file. It appears that you have multiple prefs.prop files. I recommend doing a search on your computer for prefs.prop, and renaming all of them to prefs.prop.bak except for the ones in 'The Walking Dead' folder, and 'The Walking Dead 2'. Those prefs.prop files are the correct ones. (Please note that 9 save files are not a complete Episode playthrough, and they may not import into Season Two, as only a complete playthrough of an episode can be imported into Season Two.)

https://www.sendspace.com/file/oirtfy And when you say "restart" the game, do you mean just close out of it and open it again? Or is there some steam function that like resets the app or something that I'm not aware of? Thanks.

• edited September 2014

Macs are weirdly finnicky about searching...I tried Spotlight and Finder searches and none of them showed up. Even the prefs.prop files in TheWalkingDead and The Walking Dead 2 folders didn't show up in my search. I think I'm giving up.

I think that something deleted my first Walking Dead game...and I can probably never get it back knowing my luck. I looked in Steam and I do have all of the achievements for playing all of the episodes...but the game data is just missing. Oh well. I think I'm just going to generate a random story. It'll be just like playing any other game, with a set backstory. Thanks for your tech support.

I apologize for my confusion. It seems I may have asked you to rename the wrong prefs.prop file. It appears that you have multiple prefs.pro

• Hi, I purchased the S1 game and 400 Days on Steam a while ago and I just purchased S2 from the Humble Store, so it comes through here and I don't think the game is loading my previous decisions. The S1 game is uninstalled at the moment by the way, I also had a few problems with the computer and had to factory reset it, but I don't know if my S1 save file is stored on my Steam account somehow.

Please help.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/4eazh3

Your Library folder is sometimes hidden, to make it visible, please open a Finder window, and at the top of the screen, click Go and hold down the Option key. The Library will now become available in the drop down menu. Inside the Library folder, you will find your save file directory.

Macs are weirdly finnicky about searching...I tried Spotlight and Finder searches and none of them showed up. Even the prefs.prop files in T

My apologies, unfortunately it seems that your support tool file is no longer able to be downloaded. Please try uploading it again, then copy and paste the new download link, and I will be able to assist you further.

adoubled posted: »

Hi, I purchased the S1 game and 400 Days on Steam a while ago and I just purchased S2 from the Humble Store, so it comes through here and I

• Thank you for telling me that, but that still just led to the same folders I've been looking at for a while haha. I'll try changing the prefs.prop in every file i can find. Thanks.

Your Library folder is sometimes hidden, to make it visible, please open a Finder window, and at the top of the screen, click Go and hold do

• Hullo! Hopping onto this thread as I'm running into issues as well.

Similar to Dispatter's issue ( https://www.telltalegames.com/support/discussion/comment/1533740/#Comment_1533740 )... I switched computers. I have the save file from season 1, which I transferred to another computer, and S1 found it just fine. However, season 2 is not finding the S1 savefile to carry over.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/k1m3wx

Sorry to bother you with this all too common problem :)

I apologize for the inconvenience. It appears that your save files are not currently in the proper file directory. Can you please clarify if you have the save files on a server/network? You will need to have both Season One, and Season Two installed to a local drive on your current computer, in order for Season Two to locate/import the save files. Here is an example of the proper file directory location to place your Season One save files:

C:/Users/YOURNAME/Documents/Telltale Games/The Walking Dead/

I recommend setting up that directory on your local drive, and see if you are then able to import your saves successfully into Season Two.

Tchernobogg posted: »

Hullo! Hopping onto this thread as I'm running into issues as well. Similar to Dispatter's issue ( https://www.telltalegames.com/support/

• edited September 2014

Still having issues, sadly!

I might have had them under libraries - documents before, where the games seem to save stuff by default. I've since moved them to C:\Users(name)\Documents\Telltale Games\the walking dead. Season 1 is still finding it just fine, but Season 2 isn't.

edit: in fact, whenever I star the game in steam (where I got it from) it begins to sync - and creates a save on the libraries - my documents folder. I'm beginning to suspect it won't let me import on this computer, and I'll have to try it at home instead...

I apologize for the inconvenience. It appears that your save files are not currently in the proper file directory. Can you please clarify if

• Hi, I'm running into the same issues mentionned above.
    I'm on PC and purchased both seasons through Steam.
    The only thing is that I might have reinstalled or updated from Windows 7 to 8 or 8 to 8.1, can't remember.
    My Steam install is also not on the conventionnal folder (it's on another drive).

Here's the analysis file, thanks a lot :)
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/pykevz

My apologies, I recommend installing Steam to the same drive as your games and save files are located, and start Season Two again, and you should be able to import your saves successfully. Please also make sure that when you are starting Season Two, that you are clicking Play, and selecting a Save Slot to import your saves from Season One into, and the game will begin to automatically import your save files.

esuna114 posted: »

Hi, I'm running into the same issues mentionned above. I'm on PC and purchased both seasons through Steam. The only thing is that I might

This discussion has been closed.