Season 2 Episode 5 not loading saves

Hello there, I began playing the Walking Dead Season 2, episode 5 today. The first chapter played fine(I earned the achievement "Blood and Iron"), but then sometime soon after that my computer crashed. Upon restarting my computer, I started up the game, only to find my saves wouldn't be read. I can chose between episodes, but only the chapters of episode 1 are available to load. I can start the other episodes, but without my previous choices. Playing the final chapter without the progress I've made over the past week wouldn't be the same as doing so with my personal choices so far.

Also, when going to the "save files" menu, I am unable to do anything but see the file "Save Slot B," no button produces a reaction. To exit, I have to alt-F4 out of the program.

I ran the support tool, and have uploaded the file here: https://www.sendspace.com/file/80z013

Comments

• same here.. waiting for help...

https://www.sendspace.com/file/07y3o6

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

@alejandrox42 I apologize for the inconvenience. After looking over your support tool information, there doesn't seem to be an issue with your file structure. We have received a small amount of reports from players experiencing a similar issue. We are currently looking into the issue, and hope to have a resolution in the near future. In order to be able to play right now, I recommend deleting one of the save slots from your game's file directory, and see if you are then able to access your saves successfully. To do this, please go to the following file directory:

C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead Season Two\

Then delete all of the files associated with a save slot. (The files with saveslot2, saveslot3, or saveslot4 in the name) Then restart the game, and see if you are able to access your saves in your other save slots in-game. Again, my apologies for any difficulties this may cause you.

• edited September 2014

same here: only episode 1 chapters available to load, all other episodes marked as new, save-files-menu-freeze.

My apologies, unfortunately at this time my above post is the only workaround for this issue for PC/Mac players.

MeisterF posted: »

same here: only episode 1 chapters available to load, all other episodes marked as new, save-files-menu-freeze.

• My ps3 will not load twdg s2 anymore. It would freeze every time I want to restart an episode so I redownloaded the game and now when I go past the start to begin it shows the river background from ep1 but wind blow from ep5 and won't show the main menu.

My apologies, unfortunately at this time my above post is the only workaround for this issue for PC/Mac players.

• Has this been solved yet? I'm still sitting on the last episode hoping I can actually use my savefile. Recently re-downloaded and the savefile screen is still inaccesible.
    Tried deleting some slots but still no luck.

My apologies, can you please clarify if you can access your save files menu from the main menu?

My ps3 will not load twdg s2 anymore. It would freeze every time I want to restart an episode so I redownloaded the game and now when I go p

• its fine now. i had to change my username over a new sony user and just signed in using existing account and its all better now

My apologies, can you please clarify if you can access your save files menu from the main menu?

Thank you for providing the information how you were able to resolve the issue. I hope you are now able to enjoy the game!

its fine now. i had to change my username over a new sony user and just signed in using existing account and its all better now

This discussion has been closed.