Walking Dead for iPad: Paid Episodes Download

edited February 2015 in Game Support

Hello,
I kindly ask support for this problem:

• I have downloaded Walking Dead for iPad and played the First Episode. After enjoying it, I decided to buy the complete bundle with all the other episodes.
  • My payment was accepted by iTunes, as reported even on my prepaid card payments list.
  • Just after buying, the game crashed and it was impossible to start it again, only the initial splash screen appeared, then it crashed, everytime.
  • I uninstalled it, shut off the device, turned it on again, reinstalled the game, but again the problem was the same.
  • I updated to iOS 7, and after that, the game began to start again but... I CAN'T DOWNLOAD THE PAID EPISODES! When I click on "Restore Purchases" it asks me for my iTunes password, I insert it and... Then nothing. No an error message, no downloads, anything. Just the same menu screen again. I can try the restore option as long as I want, but it doesn't work.
  • I contacted iTunes support and they just told me to come here for support, because a refund for in-app purchases is not available.

So, I kindly ask you:

• Is it possible to get a workaround to solve this problem?
  • If this is a known bug, there will be a patch fixing it?

If you need further information and details, I am available.
I thank you in advance for your help.

Greetings,

Enrico

Comments

• Same issue here and several times elsewhere on this page. Telltale, your in-app restore process is broken and we can't get the content we paid for. Apple won't refund the in-app purchase, they're directing us back to you, and you haven't responded to any of these issues as far as I can tell.

When will we hear you comment on how and when your customers will be able to access the content they've already paid for?

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited September 2013

Did you try clicking to purchase again? That should let you download again (but it won't charge you again since iTunes purchases are tied to your account).

• I would be very careful doing that:
    the iTunes product I've purchased is the BUNDLE.
    If I click on the INDIVIDUAL episode, it would be requested with ANOTHER product ID, so it would be a different product according to the system. Consequence, I would be charged the episode price.
    The purchase I've done should be downloaded with the "RESTORE PURCHASES" button, and TellTale should at least fix that bug since several customers are reporting it.

Jennifer posted: »

Did you try clicking to purchase again? That should let you download again (but it won't charge you again since iTunes purchases are tied to your account).

• Try clicking to purchase the bundle again. I just verified that it works on my own iPad. I deleted and reinstalled the game, then clicked on the episode 2-5 bundle, and it let me download the bundle without paying for it again.

EMCestari posted: »

I would be very careful doing that: the iTunes product I've purchased is the BUNDLE. If I click on the INDIVIDUAL episode, it would be reque

• I just purchased the multipack bundle and was charged $50 for in app purchases is didn't make, and no extra games to play. How do I get what I paid for and the extra deducted or refunded?

• That sounds like something went wrong with the iTunes purchase system. Contact Apple customer support and they should be able to get you a refund for the extra charges.

JeremyGoins posted: »

I just purchased the multipack bundle and was charged $50 for in app purchases is didn't make, and no extra games to play. How do I get what I paid for and the extra deducted or refunded?

• What about the multipack I purchased but don't have?

• Check your purchase history. If the multi-pack is shown, then try clicking to purchase the bundle again in The Walking Dead app. When I reinstalled my game on my own iPad, I was able to get the other episodes to download by doing this. Don't worry, you won't be charged again, since your purchases are tied to your iTunes account.

JeremyGoins posted: »

What about the multipack I purchased but don't have?

• I am not sure how you attempted a refund through iTunes but I personally got one by simply 'reporting a problem' from the iTunes receipt. They replied within 1 day and refund issued in 3 days. Jennifer I didn't try what you suggested because was concerned I would be charged again for multipack that never worked in 1st place. Nonetheless I do want to play the game, is there a fix happening for this as many of your customers are experiencing the same glitch.

• I suspect it is an IOS7 issue. Are the rest of you also on this?

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited October 2013

@Sahara82 wrote:

>

I am not sure how you attempted a refund through iTunes but I personally got one by simply 'reporting a problem' from the iTunes receipt. They replied within 1 day and refund issued in 3 days. Jennifer I didn't try what you suggested because was concerned I would be charged again for multipack that never worked in 1st place. Nonetheless I do want to play the game, is there a fix happening for this as many of your customers are experiencing the same glitch.

I'm just a volunteer, not staff. I don't actually work for Telltale, I just help out around the forums. That said, if you purchase the game again and get the same glitch, and you're worried about getting charged again, you can check your iTunes purchase history just to be safe. If you see the multi-pack listed there, don't worry as there is no way that you can be charged again for your purchase since all your purchases are linked to your iTunes account (the iTunes system purposely works this way as a safeguard to prevent double purchases).

Like I said, this method worked for me, since I clicked on the purchase button again myself in my game on my iPad, and I was able to download the episodes that weren't previously listed as purchased that way, without being charged again for the multi-pack.

Sahara82 posted: »

I am not sure how you attempted a refund through iTunes but I personally got one by simply 'reporting a problem' from the iTunes receipt. They

• My mistake Jennifer. Thanks for trying to help. I just think of its an ongoing problem that Telltale should fix the bug rather than us having to try workarounds.

• Just had the same issue here

• I have this problem on my IPAD2 I can't download any episodes they all stop at 99% Yet the program did not disconnect when it was taking money.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

If you are having trouble downloading episodes and you have verified that you are connected to a strong internet connection, please close the game and all other applications running in the background. This should free up necessary system resources. (To close an app running in the background on iOS 6 and before: double tap the home button to make all running apps appear at the bottom of the screen, hold down on an app you wish to close and red buttons will appear, tap the red buttons to close the apps. If on iOS 7, double tap the home button and swipe up on the open apps to close them) Also, please turn off your iOS device for at least three minutes before attempting to play the game again. This will allow the device’s cache to clear.

• Hi

I just paid for the walking dead game whole episode 2-5, but when I open the game and see its only showing coming soon.. Wht should I do now??? Can anybody help me??? Im using iphone 5s from India

I apologize for any difficulties this has caused. Please view this FAQ on our community support forum to learn suggestions on how to restore your previously purchased episodes on your iOS device here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/53347/twd-ios-cannot-restore-workaround

Again, apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced.

chrisalb posted: »

Hi I just paid for the walking dead game whole episode 2-5, but when I open the game and see its only showing coming soon.. Wht should I do now??? Can anybody help me??? Im using iphone 5s from India

• edited March 2014

Ok after painstakingly following every thing that was advised from staff to moderator , i purchased the bundle , after having already bought all the episodes previously. It still freezes At o% when i go to get the chapters again. I deleted the whole game my saves and all to start from scratch turned off all background apps waited 3 minutes. Connected to a good wifi and NOW i cant even get the game to download again at all! It either stays in waiting or quickly loads 1/4 -1/2 and then freezes and either goes back to waiting screen or just stayed at the installing screen...PLEASE HELP!
    im on the new ipad mini and latest ios

If you are having trouble downloading episodes and you have verified that you are connected to a strong internet connection, please close the

• Ok after painstakingly following every thing that was advised from staff to moderator , i purchased the bundle , after having already bought all the episodes previously. It still freezes At o% when i go to get the chapters again. I deleted the whole game my saves and all to start from scratch turned off all background apps waited 3 minutes. Connected to a good wifi and NOW i cant even get the game to download again at all! It either stays in waiting or quickly loads 1/4 -1/2 and then freezes and either goes back to waiting screen or just stayed at the installing screen...PLEASE HELP!
    im on the new ipad mini and latest ios

• Same problem here with my iPad. I have tried all these workarounds posted, still won't download or even start to download no apps or nothing and "STRONG" wifi service. I've called apple and tried to get my 20 bucks back but where it was a instore app they just tell me to talk to your support team. Seriously now I just want my money back after seeing all of these comments with the same problem dating back to 5 or 6 months ago. If your making that kind of money per pack or per episode, this glitch should be patched by now. It was the multi pak witj 2-5 and the 400 days special episode at 19.99, just to get that cleared up.

Ok after painstakingly following every thing that was advised from staff to moderator , i purchased the bundle , after having already bought

edited March 2014

If you are experiencing issues downloading the episodes, I recommend closing any/all apps open in the background as stated above:

Please close the game and all other applications running in the background. This should free up necessary system resources. (To close an app running in the background on iOS 6 and before: double tap the home button to make all running apps appear at the bottom of the screen, hold down on an app you wish to close and red buttons will appear, tap the red buttons to close the apps. If on iOS 7, double tap the home button and swipe up on the open apps to close them) Also, please turn off your iOS device for at least three minutes before attempting to play the game again. This will allow the device’s cache to clear.

After doing this, start your iOS device up again, and connect to your WiFi signal, and attempt the download again. If you are still unable to, I recommend resetting your wireless network, and then trying the download again.

Crspopper posted: »

Same problem here with my iPad. I have tried all these workarounds posted, still won't download or even start to download no apps or nothin

• edited March 2014

I did close backrounds apps as well.

Like i stated i did EVERYTHING you guys mentioned that could fix the issue.
    that wasn't the issue.

I did figure out my issue so i thought i should share

If you down load the 400days or what ever the new ep is called you are sent to a screen that says loading 0.00% now you would expect to see a progression of 0.01 to 0.02 and so on .no it goes to 0% which i was like ok, waited for like 5minutes nothing still 0%

It turns out that if you download 400 last ep first it takes like 5-6 hours if you dont have any of the previous episodes downloaded first. So it toook about10 minutes just to see 0 go to 1%.now once you are done with that episode.the rest down load at a fairly fast speed.

i think what throws ppl off in to thinking its froze is the fact it swaps from 0.00 to just 0 and sits there for so long. Either put a disclaimer of these steps to follow in the game its self so people dont have to hunt down sources like this to fix there problem.

Or make it to were the download works in either the(0.00% - 0.01)format or just (0% - 1%)
    thats what threw me for the biggest loop thinking it was froze as it took 10 minutes to make it to 1%

Thanks for your guys support help and attention to this issue though. Its very much appreciated. :)

Love your game FYI there are only ppl that like this game, or have never played it in my oppinion.

If you are experiencing issues downloading the episodes, I recommend closing any/all apps open in the background as stated above: Plea

• Oh and if you bought the first multi pack and then bought the 400 map pack individually , you will be charged for the map pack if you try to rebuy your multi pack because it registers as different item because they did not offer 400 in the first multi episode pac that they now have..so avoid problems knowing that..

I did close backrounds apps as well. Like i stated i did EVERYTHING you guys mentioned that could fix the issue. that wasn't the issue.

Thank you for the feedback and extra information, I will make sure to pass it along to the team!

Oh and if you bought the first multi pack and then bought the 400 map pack individually , you will be charged for the map pack if you try to

• Crashing solution is on IOS :
    If u purchase the bundle pack and game crashing just change the region format to (English - united state) just that no need to change the time zone or language ( SETTINGS- GENERAL- INTERNATIONAL- REGION) ... And its will work agin .. I hop u fix this issue in next update .. Thanks a lot the game is perfect ✌️

• I also had a problem with the new series as it wouldn't restore my purchases so I clicked on download again and it charged me separately for the episode yet I had already bought the pack. I contacted apple customer support and they redirected me here. What happens now as at this stage I have been charged a total of $26 almost for the series and I need to be refunded.

Gn_qtr posted: »

Crashing solution is on IOS : If u purchase the bundle pack and game crashing just change the region format to (English - united state) j

For any inquiries regarding refunds or refund requests for applications purchased on the iTunes App Store, please contact Apple Support, and they will be able to assist you with your request.

Ministrys posted: »

I also had a problem with the new series as it wouldn't restore my purchases so I clicked on download again and it charged me separately for

• I have written to them and explained what happened and they told me to come here as it's not their problem. So how do I get my money back?

For any inquiries regarding refunds or refund requests for applications purchased on the iTunes App Store, please contact Apple Support, and they will be able to assist you with your request.

My apologies, for any inquiries regarding refunds or refund requests for items purchased on the Apple iTunes App Store, please contact Apple Support, as they are the only distributor of game applications on the App Store.

I have written to them and explained what happened and they told me to come here as it's not their problem. So how do I get my money back?

• No prob mike. I like to share to save others time when i can.
    Keep the good stuff coming

Thank you for the feedback and extra information, I will make sure to pass it along to the team!

• That is false and il tell you why. IF you downloaded the multi pac before 400 came out.the app store see's it as a different charge code. So if you got the multi then bought 400 like i did and then go to repurchase the map pac. You WILL be charged

Jennifer posted: »

Check your purchase history. If the multi-pack is shown, then try clicking to purchase the bundle again in The Walking Dead app. When I reins

• I had the same issue and my problem was resolved explain to them you already own all which was punched ie 400 +multi map pac. But if you did not buy 400 and then 

the new multi map pac that has 400 with out owning the previous to your restore/purchase, you may be up shit creek...

I have written to them and explained what happened and they told me to come here as it's not their problem. So how do I get my money back?

The iOS Cannot Restore Workaround Sticky has information on how to resolve this issue.

I had the same issue and my problem was resolved explain to them you already own all which was punched ie 400 +multi map pac. But if you did

• I've downloaded all the episodes, on iPad, but how do I play them?

If you have downloaded all of the episodes, please tap Play on the main menu, choose a save slot to save the game to, and the Chapter Select Menu will open. You can choose to start Episode 1 by tapping Play underneath the Episode's picture. The Episode should then begin. After you have finished an episode, it will take you back to the Chapter Select menu where you can tap 'Continue' to continue the story onto the next Episode.

I've downloaded all the episodes, on iPad, but how do I play them?

• I am having the same problem on my iphone 4s. I re-installed the game but the bundle i purchased will not reload. Im hesitant to purchase them again because of the high price. When i click to download the episode bundle again i enter my password then it asks me if I want to purchase for $19.99.. I really dont want to pay a second time. Can anyone verify that they are not charged a second time?

• edited November 2014

Excellent! Finally worked! Thanks!

The iOS Cannot Restore Workaround Sticky has information on how to resolve this issue.

You're welcome, enjoy the game!

Razorcake posted: »

Excellent! Finally worked! Thanks!

Please try proceeding through the purchase path to purchase Multi-Pack again, then when you are prompted, enter your password. As long as you are logging into the same Apple account that you originally purchased the game application with, you should be able to tap 'Buy' when it says “Confirm your in-app purchase”, and you will receive a pop up saying “You’ve already purchased this. Would you like to get it again for free?” and tap OK. You should not be charged again. If you are for any reason charged again, contact Apple Support directly, and they should be able to assist you with any refund requests.

Razorcake posted: »

I am having the same problem on my iphone 4s. I re-installed the game but the bundle i purchased will not reload. Im hesitant to purchase th

• Same proton my iPad mini iOS 8 crash and black screen after I downloaded all the episodes 2-5 with 400 days ...

Please check that as soon as u can !!!!

This discussion has been closed.