Dragon Age Fan Thread

Comments

• Hahaha

I just love the character development it gives Hawke to be honest.

When my inquisitor romances blackwall and he inevitably goes off to face his calling at the end, that will be angst life part 2 for me. Only my warden and leliana will be happy it seems :P

...unless she dies in inquisition. Damnit.

Lingvort posted: »

Well, I do remember you mentioning that. Funny enough, Anders only ever lives in the playthroughs where I: a) Romance him. b) Total

• Only my warden and leliana will be happy it seems :P ...unless she dies in inquisition. Damnit.

Yeah, lol, that would definitely be a stab in the back.

Flog61 posted: »

Hahaha I just love the character development it gives Hawke to be honest. When my inquisitor romances blackwall and he inevitably goes

• My warden let her love keep him alive. I love it because it shows she's not a complete paragon and she can let her affections get ahead of her. Besides It'll be fun to see the implications keeping him alive has on the world.

Only my warden and leliana will be happy it seems :P ...unless she dies in inquisition. Damnit. Yeah, lol, that would definitely be a stab in the back.

• Keeping him alive will lead to severe repercussions, I reckon. Well, at least from the Templars and the Chantry. Though, once I do my "asshole" playthrough... No, in that playthrough he'll be dead already, darn. He can die by my hand only once, heh.

My warden let her love keep him alive. I love it because it shows she's not a complete paragon and she can let her affections get ahead of her. Besides It'll be fun to see the implications keeping him alive has on the world.

• Help me PLEASE!?

So, I'm currently trying to decide which Hawke I want to transfer over to the Keep as my main save.

My first choice:
    My Hawke was a female warrior who romanced Fenris. She was friends with Varric, Aveline, and Fenris. She was at odds with Anders, Isabella, and Merril. Despite my Hawke trying to be nice to both Anders and Merril, the decisions I made in Act 3 really made them hate me. D: And Isabella never returned with the book, and I was forced to kill the Arishok. In Act 3 I sided with the Templars, it was a very hard decision, and in the end, I ended up killing Anders in a fight. D: So, my Hawke became the Viscount of Kirkwall.

My Perfect Playthrough:
    A rogue female Hawke. She romanced Fenris (Fen is my favorite! I love me some broody elf! :3) I cheated and made her friends with everyone. All my decisions are the same, up until Act 3. I then sided with the mages, and saved Anders and left Kirkwall in the end with my frans.

So, here's my question:

Should I go with my original Hawke, or should I choose the perfect ending where I got to be friends with everyone? Basically, do I choose my original ending vs. the perfect ending!?

THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!! :D

• So... ign gave inquisition an 8.8. That's pretty dang good.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/11/dragon-age-inquisition-review

• Reviews have started coming out. Pretty solid so far.

Joystiq - 5/5

Gaming Trend - 95

Polygon - 9.5

Gamespot - 9

Eurogamer - 8

Destructoid - 8.5

4gamers.be [Dutch] - 9.2

PC Gamer - 87

IGN - 8.8

Games Radar - 4/5

Game Infomer - 95

Hardcore Gamer - 5/5

Gamereactor [Norway] - 9

AusGamers - 9.2

MMORPG - 8.6

Financial Post - 9.5

• edited November 2014

Also, do NOT watch GameSpot's review. There is a very, VERY heavy spoiler regarding Leliana that will forever be burned into my mind.

• If she dies I'm gonna kill a bitch.

Also, do NOT watch GameSpot's review. There is a very, VERY heavy spoiler regarding Leliana that will forever be burned into my mind.

• I'm not watching/reading any review till the game comes out, because there could be some spoilers, so thanks for these. :-)

Reviews have started coming out. Pretty solid so far. Joystiq - 5/5 Gaming Trend - 95 Polygon - 9.5 Gamespot - 9 Eurogamer -

• Damn, sorry that you've had to expose yourself to that, Snook. I'll go along with your suggestion and won't watch it.

• I'd say go with original one for your first playthrough, to keep it consistent, or, so to speak, "live with consequences of your actions".

Help me PLEASE!? So, I'm currently trying to decide which Hawke I want to transfer over to the Keep as my main save. My first choice:

• 7 days until the Breach opens!

Alt text

Are you ready to form the Inquisition?

• Once I finally pre-order it (4 days short of its release, but, hell, better late then never, right?), load it and start playing, then hell yeah. My body will be ready, and I'll most likely be gone for at least a couple of days... and then some, and then more, and afterwards... and afterwards... and afterwards...

Pipas posted: »

7 days until the Breach opens! Are you ready to form the Inquisition?

• Mondays seem to drag no matter what, but this upcoming Monday.... I want it now!

7 days until the Breach opens! Are you ready to form the Inquisition?

• The two reviews I peaked at were Joystiq and Game Informer. They had no spoilers (at least from what I read). But thank you for the heads up!

• Heh, I pre-ordered it like 6 months ago, so pretty soon, I guess. :D

And you know what's great? With the pre-order I'm going to get this awesome mug! :D

Alt text

Once I finally pre-order it (4 days short of its release, but, hell, better late then never, right?), load it and start playing, then hell y

• Well, 6 months ago I've had no money to do that, and I've only made up my mind... a long time ago, lol, but I've acquired the money only recently, so, yeah, my pre-order is late, but, I can live with that. Also, damn fine mug!

P.S: By the way, is that Polish?

Heh, I pre-ordered it like 6 months ago, so pretty soon, I guess. And you know what's great? With the pre-order I'm going to get this awesome mug!

• I spy with my little eye...a returning character that I think many people will either be happy to see or unhappy to see...

shall reply to dis with spoilered post just in case

• edited November 2014

Alt text

I spy with my little eye...a returning character that I think many people will either be happy to see or unhappy to see... shall reply to dis with spoilered post just in case

• By that description of yours I first imagined Anders, lol.

I figured that they're not done with Corypheus after the strange way that Larius/Janeka behaved after "killing" him. Can't wait to see what is Bioware planning to do with him.

But srsly, stupid Hawke, he's walking around the world and unleashing 2.000 years old magisters. Sheesh.

• I actually didn't mean Corypheus. Look closely at the guy saying it...recognize him? :O

hintLoghainhint

By that description of yours I first imagined Anders, lol. I figured that they're not done with Corypheus after the strange way that Lari

• I saw that...

Not sure if it's a huge spoiler or not, I have a theory on what it might be, and if I'm right, it's not really that big of a deal.

• Well, we were shown that demo a while ago where Leliana was being tortured, and BioWare actually came out and said that her appearance in that demo was placeholder because the actual model was deemed 'too spoilery.' So...this is obviously it. I thought she'd be beaten up a bit, but...she looks like a necromanced zombie. Really didn't want to see that. :(

Thankfully, they've also said that entire quest is just a consequence of some branching choice, so it isn't even going to happen for a lot of people. Kind of glad I got spoiled, actually. I'm gonna do everything I can to avoid this. >.>

I saw that... Not sure if it's a huge spoiler or not, I have a theory on what it might be, and if I'm right, it's not really that big of a deal.

• Nope, it's Czech. :)

Well, 6 months ago I've had no money to do that, and I've only made up my mind... a long time ago, lol, but I've acquired the money only rec

• ...Why did I click that...

Ah, well, too late. Knowledge is power.

• I hadn't heard that. My warden's going to be pissed if that happens in my game...

I had thought it might be revealed that if we killed her at the Urn, blood magic or something makes her look normal, but she actually looks like that (she'd been dead for a while, but then someone used blood magic or another weird king of magic to revive her). Seems like I was wrong :(

• The prevailing theory right now is that Alexius magister guy was actually draining her life force and using it to sustain his son. If you watch that old demo again, you can see he's looking very...dead too. Explains why Leliana killed him like that without even a moment's hesitation.

Yeah, if this whole questline happens in my game I'm probably reloading as far back as I need to. >.>

I hadn't heard that. My warden's going to be pissed if that happens in my game... I had thought it might be revealed that if we killed he

• Darn, that was my original guess. Well, close enough, I guess.

Nope, it's Czech.

• That would make sense. If it happens to me, I'll probably stick with it though to see what happens after, and how it affects her. It could provide some awesome character development if she stays that way.

Didn't they say that it could happen to Cullen/Josephine as well? I can't remember, it's been ages since I watched that video.

The prevailing theory right now is that Alexius magister guy was actually draining her life force and using it to sustain his son. If you wa

• edited November 2014

The entire scenario is apparently determinant. But, it appears that even if you do find yourself in the Redcliffe situation you can choose what adviser to send. Cullen makes the most sense to me, he's a Templar, they're mages. Just besiege the castle.

Seeing the aftermath of it for Leliana could be interesting, but I just couldn't stand the thought of that happening to her tbh. And my Warden finding out and how she'd react. :S

That would make sense. If it happens to me, I'll probably stick with it though to see what happens after, and how it affects her. It could p

• edited November 2014

I doubt it. Then it'd basically be a 'choose which adviser you like least' choice. It seems like one of them is usually going to get things done better than another, depending on the circumstance.

...not entirely sure what Josephine would do...

Hmm, I wonder if the same fate can befall Cullen... If it can... Cullen, off you go!

• Hmm, I wonder if the same fate can befall Cullen...

If it can... Cullen, off you go!

The entire scenario is apparently determinant. But, it appears that even if you do find yourself in the Redcliffe situation you can choose w

• Oh. Ohhh! I was viewing it on mobile, so I didn't see him properly. Well, it could be him. Has it been confirmed that it's him? It could also be some random warden with similair facial features. :D

I actually didn't mean Corypheus. Look closely at the guy saying it...recognize him? :O hintLoghainhint

• It's him, I believe. It's from a review that pretty clearly stated it.

Oh. Ohhh! I was viewing it on mobile, so I didn't see him properly. Well, it could be him. Has it been confirmed that it's him? It could also be some random warden with similair facial features.

• For some reason I get the feeling that I'm going to get that scenario....

I'm totally sending Cullen if I do though. Although I've made it my goal to persuade him to support the mages (or at the very least sympathize with them) by the end of the game, and I doubt this would help.

The entire scenario is apparently determinant. But, it appears that even if you do find yourself in the Redcliffe situation you can choose w

• I doubt it. Then it'd basically be a 'choose which adviser you like least' choice. It seems like one of them is usually going to get things done better than another, depending on the circumstance.

Hmm, I wonder if the same fate can befall Cullen... If it can... Cullen, off you go!

• Yeah, alas. It seems I'd get stuck with Cullen permanently... or until I find another way to be rid of him.

Tries to negotiate with Alexius, becomes his hostage, the rest is the same as with Leliana, only that Josephine doesn't kill Alexius' son, unlike Leliana. My guess would be this one.

I doubt it. Then it'd basically be a 'choose which adviser you like least' choice. It seems like one of them is usually going to get things done better than another, depending on the circumstance. ...not entirely sure what Josephine would do...

• There were some very NSFW screenshots of Cassandras romance put out today. Ow my innocence.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.