Walking Dead (2) PS4 - Unable to find save from season 1

Comments

• This is how it work!

The bug i belive is just that it says it cant find the save from season 1, but i just took continue anyway and belive it or not but it continued like i left it in season 1, so just ignore the what the screen says and continue and if your lucky like me it will be your story, and i belive it will.

Hope it will work out for you guys.

Best regards: André

• This is just a joke now

• I've just joined this website to add myself to the already huge community of players who are experiencing this problem!
    Please Telltale... when are you going to provide a fix for this huge problem? I held off buying season 2's episodes and opted to wait for months for the retail release... i finally get both Season 1 & 2 for PS4, play through S1 (which i did experience the Crawford nurse office bug) and now i'm eager to play season 2!
    This isn't right, you've clearly released a broken game that needs fixing. We've paid good money for this and we can't progress our story. There is no way i'm starting season 2 without importing my season 1 choices!
    It's a shame because these games, especially the story are fantastic... but it has to be said it's riddled with bugs!

• Just tried starting Episode 1 ignoring the import failure message to test if that might be the case. The few potential choices that were shown in the recap [guessing more would be shown if it could find save data] were not what I had chosen.

Closed the game at the end of the recap as I'm not interested in a randomly generated story.

Lordakp posted: »

This is how it work! The bug i belive is just that it says it cant find the save from season 1, but i just took continue anyway and beliv

• What really pisses me off is that no one answers since a couple of Days. Let's hope it is just because of the Weekend. Which is over btw..

• I just got an email from Talltale Games they are working on it :-)

We are aware of the save transfer issue with the EU PS4 version of Season 2. We are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have more information soon.

Thank you for your patience, Evan

• Thanks for informing us! Hope a patch is released soon.

SurrealEpux posted: »

I just got an email from Talltale Games they are working on it :-) We are aware of the save transfer issue with the EU PS4 version of Sea

• Thanks for the Info

I just got an email from Talltale Games they are working on it :-) We are aware of the save transfer issue with the EU PS4 version of Sea

• Thanks for that! I wonder if that fix will apply to where I am in Australia as well.

Anyway thanks again for the update.

• Thanks for the update! I appreciate it.

• i'm glad i could help :-)

• Yes the fix will apply to Australia also I got this in response from my complaint "Hi,

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We are aware of the save transfer issue with the EU/Australian PS4 version of Season 2. We are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have more information soon.

Thank you for your patience,
    Evan" So at least they are working on it.

Fox13 posted: »

Thanks for that! I wonder if that fix will apply to where I am in Australia as well. Anyway thanks again for the update.

• still nothing for the update ?

• Well, I'm not proud of it but I caved and played season 2 despite this annoying issue and to be honest the choices from season 1 don't have that much impact on the story line in season 2. Of course still not okay that's it's not working but just saying...

• edited November 2014

I'd expect that the choices [and outcomes] from 400 Days would at different points have more substantive effects on the story than anything else from Season One. That's enough for me to want to hold off, rather than hope things are generated correctly.

• I received an email from them yesterday. Looks like it will be another while yet.
    "I apologize for the issue you are expereincing. We are aware that the European PS4 version of The Walking Dead Season 2 is currently unable to import the saves from the European PS4 version of Season 1. We have recently submitted a fix to Sony, and once verified, we will release a patch to resolve this issue. Please be patient as this process could take several weeks. Once this patch is available, you will automatically be prompted to download it when launching the game while connected to PSN."

• no no, same problem on PS3 ! second season does not see the first season save. This is AHHHHH

• I thought so too but not at all as much as I would have guessed.

I'd expect that the choices [and outcomes] from 400 Days would at different points have more substantive effects on the story than anything

• This really is a joke now; Season 1 was great, in fact I enjoyed it so much, that I brought season 2 when I was half through the first season.

But I'm pissed off right now, the fact is, this is a pretty massive bug when you consider it was one of telltales 'USP' leading into season 2,

This was the email I got this morning:

"I apologize for the issue you are expereincing. We are aware that the European PS4 version of The Walking Dead Season 2 is currently unable to import the saves from the European PS4 version of Season 1. We have recently submitted a fix to Sony, and once verified, we will release a patch to resolve this issue. Please be patient as this process could take several weeks. Once this patch is available, you will automatically be prompted to download it when launching the game while connected to PSN"

To me this isn't good enough, I have wasted £20 on a game that shouldn't of been released yet (at-least for the EU) I really am looking forward to playing season 2, but with there being a big sale on right now in the PSN store and GTA coming out Tuesday, most people don't have the time or money to waste on a broken game. Just glad I brought a disk copy so I could try and sell it. When theirs finally a patch available I will DL it again from the PSN store.

I still have faith in Telltale, Season 1 was the most fun I had with a game in a long time and I will most likely get Wolf among us very soon . But that just makes season 2's bug even more annoying

• Same problem here in germany...
    Does none of your empleey have the time to respond just with one reply?
    I mean that are just like 5 minutes

• I downloaded both seasons of the walking dead for the PS4 and when I try to start season 2 it tells me that it cannot find any saved data on my system. I've tried uploading my saved files to my online storage, saving the save files on a USB stick and connecting it to see if it finds it that way, copying my saves into other slots to see if that works and creating entirely new saves, none of which have worked. Please help me find a solution.

• Kane... You Will Just have to wait with all of us

kane6295 posted: »

I downloaded both seasons of the walking dead for the PS4 and when I try to start season 2 it tells me that it cannot find any saved data on

• Why does everybody get Emails from Telltale but me? And Why are those Emails not posted officially?

• This is ridiculous, can't play season two.

• You can still play season 2 if you're tired of waiting, story doesn't really changed for me. I was tired of waiting so i played it and when the update comes i just going to play it again.

• Hello i am new to this site and love the walking dead game BUT SORT IT OUT cannot even play the game now so much for a fix patch

• Not sure if you all no but a patch has come out but it still dont work

Sjcarper posted: »

Hello i am new to this site and love the walking dead game BUT SORT IT OUT cannot even play the game now so much for a fix patch

• sorry but I sort of want my decisions to carry over into season two. I paid for both seasons and the concept kinda is that decisions matter

Diiannex posted: »

You can still play season 2 if you're tired of waiting, story doesn't really changed for me. I was tired of waiting so i played it and when the update comes i just going to play it again.

• Hi guys just signed up to say I've had the same problem (PS4) for few weeks. But i just tried s2 again and the s1 save has now been found, it seems the patched worked for me.:D GL.

• True, and when i started playing season 2 i was really angry because the choices i made were really different from what 'the computer' did. I am not saying you have to play it, but this was what i did and who knows how long it will takes till the update? And i don't mind playing it again because this is an awesome game ^^

aldimon posted: »

sorry but I sort of want my decisions to carry over into season two. I paid for both seasons and the concept kinda is that decisions matter

• Just switched on the PS4 and installed the update after reading your post and import now works for me.

Whether it had an effect or not, I deleted stored Season Two save data last night. [In PS4 storage management.] Maybe try that.

Sjcarper posted: »

Not sure if you all no but a patch has come out but it still dont work

• edited November 2014

Yes, this update seems to work. Slot 3 400 Days save found and selected, the Season One recap played out with choices as expected. Will start the Season proper later tonight.

Thanks to everyone here for bringing the issue up, and of course thanks for getting the fix out.

• Great News!

I just downloaded that patch.
    After that you have The Walking Dead Season 2 Version 1.01 installed.

Description says: Fixed Season 1 save import.

• of course it's an awesome game, and I can wait because I've already played it on PC, but three or four weeks to fix a save bug is a bit long!

Diiannex posted: »

True, and when i started playing season 2 i was really angry because the choices i made were really different from what 'the computer' did.

• that is great news i shall try it later. cheers for the update.

Great News! I just downloaded that patch. After that you have The Walking Dead Season 2 Version 1.01 installed. Description says: Fixed Season 1 save import.

• like silberpfeilps4 i find the patch update fixes the problem. happy walking dead on ps4 ppl.

• The best News since Bin Laden is dead. To all of You. Enjoy.

• edited November 2014

Hey..
    I fixed but my decisions are still closed. I playing on the EU servers. Can anybody helpme? Thx..

Update: it works now.. :)

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the delayed response. If you are still experiencing the issue, the latest update (Version 1.01) will resolve the issue. If you have not yet done so, please download update version 1.01, and you will then be able to import your Season One saves into Season Two.

• edited December 2014

ah! can't delete my post...but its ok, works now.

I apologize for the delayed response. If you are still experiencing the issue, the latest update (Version 1.01) will resolve the issue. If y

This discussion has been closed.