Game of Thrones overlapping voices

Hello,

I bought the game yesterday and I'm a bit desperate, since I tried everything, but nothing helps.
Somehow, the voices ingame (only the voices, the music and sound effects are fine) are nonstop overlapping. I don't know how to describe it well, but they are repeating words mostly at the end of the sentences and then the voices are overlapping. I already updated my soundcard, but the problem remains.

I don't know what to do and this problems are really getting on my nerves, since playing is absolutely no fun like this and I was really excited for this game.

I hope someone can help me. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• edited December 2014

I'm having the same problem. At least 3-5 times per dialogue a character will repeat the first syllable of their line and swallow the last. This also happens with the background music sometimes, but it's harder to notice.

You made a great game, Telltale. But this stuff completely takes me out of the story. Please fix this problem in future episodes!

My system:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670

Mainboard: Asus Z87-K (C2)

GPU: AMD Radeon R9 270

Memory: 16 GByte DDR3 RAM

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

My apologies, @Hoshimaru Can you please clarify what platform you are playing the game on? (PC/Mac/PS3/Xbox/PS4?) Also, if you are on PC/Mac, can you please clarify if you are playing the Telltale Games version, or the Steam version? After we receive this information, we will be able to assist you further.

@falmunction We have not heard of this particular issue. Can you please take a video of the issue that you are experiencing?

• edited December 2014

Thank you for the quick response!

I'm making a Let's Play series on my channel:

It doesn't really matter which part you tune in to, within a few minutes you'll see what I mean. I'm playing the Steam version.

My apologies, @Hoshimaru Can you please clarify what platform you are playing the game on? (PC/Mac/PS3/Xbox/PS4?) Also, if you are on PC/Mac

• Thank you for your reply.

I'm playing the Telltale Games Version on PC.
    It's good to know I'm not the only one with this problem. I thought it may be because of my PC, but I don't think so..

My apologies, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply here with the download link copied and pasted into a reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/87544/got-support-tool

After receiving the information from your support tool, I will be able to assist you further.

Hoshimaru posted: »

Thank you for your reply. I'm playing the Telltale Games Version on PC. It's good to know I'm not the only one with this problem. I thought it may be because of my PC, but I don't think so..

• https://www.sendspace.com/file/kgq8eb

There you go, same issue with Steam version. By the way, left a thread on the game's steam community hub as well... no replies yet.

Anyway... there is the link to my dxdiag.

Umm... managed to play through the whole episode with those bugs in place... yeah, it was annoying... but then I put up with a lot worse from Fallout New Vegas.

Anyway, good so far... though I'm a bit concerned that Telltale won't follow Game of Thrones' number one rule, "Anyone Can Die"... or if you prefer, "Valar Morgulis".

By which I mean... I think Telltale should make it entirely possible for players to fail miserably... and in ways that say... rewinding the last QTE segment won't fix. Sorry if this comes off as a bit... pompous, but thought I'd throw my two cents in while submitting material to help fix the bug.

• Hello, here is my link: https://www.sendspace.com/file/jylfqa

I hope you can help me. I really want to play the first episode, but that voice problem makes it unplayable for me. I just can't play it without getting angry and closing the game. -.-

After looking over your Support Tool information, it seems that your computer is running below the minimum system requirements to run the game successfully. Where we require a minimum of 512mb of dedicated memory, your computer is currently running at 252mb of dedicated memory. This may be the root cause of the performance issues you are experiencing. I recommend either trying to update your current graphics card's drivers to the latest version, and see if you are able to play, or try playing the game on a computer above minimum system requirements if you have the ability to.

You can also try changing the game's resolution and graphics settings to a lower setting in-game, and then continue the episode, and see if your issue is resolved.

Hoshimaru posted: »

Hello, here is my link: https://www.sendspace.com/file/jylfqa I hope you can help me. I really want to play the first episode, but that voice problem makes it unplayable for me. I just can't play it without getting angry and closing the game. -.-

After looking over your Support Tool information, it seems that your computer is running below the minimum system requirements to run the game successfully. Where we require a minimum of 512mb of dedicated memory, your computer is currently running at 64mb of dedicated memory. I recommend either trying to update your current graphics card's drivers to the latest version, and see if you are able to play the game successfully.

You can also try changing the game's resolution and graphics settings to a lower setting, and then restart the episode, and see if you do not experience the same issue while playing.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/kgq8eb There you go, same issue with Steam version. By the way, left a thread on the game's steam communit

• Here's my Support Tool file: https://www.sendspace.com/file/rjpe1s

My apologies, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply here with the download

Can you please clarify what recording software you are currently using to record video? If you disable this recording software, does the performance of the game improve?

falmunction posted: »

Here's my Support Tool file: https://www.sendspace.com/file/rjpe1s

• I've tested it with and without recording software, it doesn't seem to make any difference. For the record, I was using XSplit in my videos.

Can you please clarify what recording software you are currently using to record video? If you disable this recording software, does the performance of the game improve?

Can you please clarify if you are playing with a dual monitor set up, and displaying the game across both monitors, or just one?

I've tested it with and without recording software, it doesn't seem to make any difference. For the record, I was using XSplit in my videos.

• Oh, yes actually. I'm using two monitors, displaying the game on one of them. The glitches were happening in windowed mode -- maybe some pixels reached over to the second one, I don't know.

After testing it again on fullscreen though, the audio seems to be fine. What an idiotic glitch!

Thank you very much for all your help.

Can you please clarify if you are playing with a dual monitor set up, and displaying the game across both monitors, or just one?

Thank you for providing the extra information. I hope you are now able to enjoy the game!

Oh, yes actually. I'm using two monitors, displaying the game on one of them. The glitches were happening in windowed mode -- maybe some pix

• The overlapping voices also happen on the 'Xbox 360 console' version, usually as the screen changes the final few words being spoken are repeated and overlap, causing a kind of audible ghosting or echo effect with stuttering, it's very distracting and makes the audio hard to make out..

Never had this problem with Wolf or Walking Dead.

I downloaded G.O.T off XBL yesterday 17th Dec 14.

Can you please clarify if the issue occurs again if you rewind and play the scene again? Also, which Xbox 360 model are you currently using, how large is the hard drive capacity, and is there at least 10% space left in the storage device?

S_u_l_l_y posted: »

The overlapping voices also happen on the 'Xbox 360 console' version, usually as the screen changes the final few words being spoken are rep

This discussion has been closed.