Can't Log In

I have downloaded TFTB from telltale (not Steam) onto my mac. When I open the game it says I first have to log in to play, but every time I try to log in it says "Can't Log In" and asks me to try again or exit. I have made sure that my email and password contain only letters and numbers and I have tried changing my password multiple times, I even tried changing my email, but to no avail. I had and still do have the same exact problem with GOT, but because I had downloaded it from Steam, I was able to play without signing into Telltale.
If your curious about my region, I live in the US (Maine to be more precise).

Comments

• I also Have this Problem!! Can't Login to MAC version of TFTB!!! I purchased it yesterday!! Also tried to change password but CAN'T LOGIN!!!! This is very frustrating!! The first Game I purchase form Telltale and I CAN'T PLAY!!!! please FIX IT!!!

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff
    edited December 2014

I apologize for the inconvenience. Have you tried logging in using both your Email address, and your Telltale Username?

• This was also happening for Mac Game of Thrones. After four or five attempts, if finally went through, though.

• i have same problem with afcdmc.. yes i try email telltale user name but still didn't work.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Have you tried logging in using both your Email address, and your Telltale Username?

• Same issue for me I'm using a mac and no matter how many times i enter the correct information it won't log me in on tftb, and I've tried using the user name and email address

• Same problem here on my Mac. Been waiting a while for the Mac version and now I can't login to play the game.

Way to test someone's patience.

• Same here. Can't login, have tried repeatedly, also on a Mac. Tried both my username and my email address.

Any solutions yet?

• Yes, I've tried using the username as well. I've tried logging in 5-6 times now, I've changed my email and password multiple times.

• Same problem but I have a PC
    Why the assistence don't reply??

• Same thing is happening to me on the Got Iron from Ice on the Xbox 360 also

If you are playing the PC/Mac version of the game, and are still receiving this error message, please make sure that your Telltale account Password does not contain non-ASCII characters in it. In order to rule this out as a possible cause for the issue, please try changing your Telltale account password so that it only uses 'A-Z, a-z, or 0-9' characters. If you have already tried this solution, please try restarting the game and logging in a few more times, as it may be related to a high amount of server traffic, and our log in process timing out.

• Thanks for the feedback mike. My password is fine but i've never been able to sign in, I've tired dozens of times during different times throughout the week and I still get the Invalid password message.

If you are playing the PC/Mac version of the game, and are still receiving this error message, please make sure that your Telltale account P

• Thanks Mike! Unfortunately, this does not affect me either (my password is fine as well).

I should note that, for the heck of it, I tried firing up Monkey Island (which I haven't played for awhile), and was able to log in on that one just fine. Thus, this problem would seem to be game-specific...?

If you are playing the PC/Mac version of the game, and are still receiving this error message, please make sure that your Telltale account P

Thank you for the extra information. I have made the team aware of the error message, so that they can investigate further into why it is showing up.

anningmay posted: »

Thanks Mike! Unfortunately, this does not affect me either (my password is fine as well). I should note that, for the heck of it, I tried

• One more added to this list. Issue is the same with TFTB as in this thread's original comment. Please let us know when your team has corrected the problem...

• My password is fine, but I've changed it multiple times anyways. I've also tried restarting it on several occasions. Still no luck.

• I just now tried again. Failed on the first attempt, but lo and behold, I had success on the second try!

I thought you might like to know.

Thank you for the extra information. I have made the team aware of the error message, so that they can investigate further into why it is showing up.

• same problem here, can't login and play - when will you guys solve this issue???

• well i finally logged in it took about 8 or 9 tries in a row...I was determined ha and then all of the sudden it worked. So i guess if you're playing on steam keep trying until it works

Thank you for providing the extra information on how you were able to resolve the issue.

anningmay posted: »

I just now tried again. Failed on the first attempt, but lo and behold, I had success on the second try! I thought you might like to know.

• It works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Yeah, same problem. Tried logging in several times on a Mac. No luck.

• well, after a few tries it worked on my macbook pro, but I still can't login on my iMac (where i would prefer to play the game) - this is very strange...

• looks like i'm having this problem as well, game of thrones for mac telltale direct download. doesn't seem to matter what time of day, password seems fine.

Just finished playing TWD S2 and didn't encounter any issues there so i'm guessing its game specific.

• At first I downloaded an exe which was not compatible with Mac. Now I have downloaded the Mac version. The password seems not to work.

• Yeah, this is getting ridiculous. Never had this problem with any game before.

• This might sound silly, but I tried about a dozen times to log into the game using my email address and password. Each time I clicked onto the login button. It never worked. But when I hit enter instead of clicking the button, the login worked. This is probably only a strange coincidence but I figured I might share this with you guys. Just in case ;-)

• Same problem as described above. My password is fine but I can´t login. This is very frustrating since I´ve been waiting extra long to get GoT as a Mac version. Please resolve this problem soon.

• GoT on Mac: Also tried several times and two days in a row, then I found the tip above. And it WORKED the first time I tried: After setting email and password do not click login, just hit ENTER.

• oh dear, that is the solution!!!! just hit the ENTER Key instead of clicking on the Login-Button. Thanks for this info! And it's really a shame that the telltale support could not figure THAT out....

Thank you for providing the extra information. I will make sure to pass it along to the team. For those of you still experiencing the issue, please also try this method to log in, and see if you are able to connect successfully and start playing.

danmoo posted: »

This might sound silly, but I tried about a dozen times to log into the game using my email address and password. Each time I clicked onto t

• Same here... I have installed Game of Thrones and got stuck on the "To unlock your game..." where i must enter my email address and password. My password and email are fine from the website but not when attempting to enter them on the game to connect. Tried this for days and still cannot win.

Can you please clarify if you have tried the above workaround by pressing the Enter Key after inputting your information instead of clicking 'Log In', and see if you are able to log in successfully?

Boomareng posted: »

Same here... I have installed Game of Thrones and got stuck on the "To unlock your game..." where i must enter my email address and password

• Hi, new user here - Mac, same problem. Button does not work, Carriage Return does not work, but (numpad) Enter does.

Can you please clarify if you have tried the above workaround by pressing the Enter Key after inputting your information instead of clicking 'Log In', and see if you are able to log in successfully?

Thank you for providing the extra information, I will make sure to pass it along to the team. I hope you are now able to enjoy the game!

bzztbzzt posted: »

Hi, new user here - Mac, same problem. Button does not work, Carriage Return does not work, but (numpad) Enter does.

• Just as a note: I came to these forums after being unable to log in with my MacBook Pro on the OS X Steam versions of Tales from the Borderlands and Game of Thrones. I reset my password to a purely alphanumeric password, as suggested, but no luck. I tried using Return, and it worked perfectly. So, it seems there's a bug -- maybe clicking "login" adds an invisible character or something, causing the password not to match?

• i bought my game through steam on MAC, after trying to sign in a million times it tells me i don't own the game. REALLY?

My apologies, please try restarting the Steam Client, and then start the game again. When you reach the Click to Connect screen, please try waiting 5-10 minutes before clicking, then click, and you should not receive this pop up message.

katrina2192 posted: »

i bought my game through steam on MAC, after trying to sign in a million times it tells me i don't own the game. REALLY?

• Yep. I had the same problem. Hitting 'enter' after inputing my e-mail address and password on my Mac seemed to have solved the problem and I can now start both 'Tales from the Borderlands' and 'Game of Thrones'. It took some frustrating prior attempts and I was about to give up when I decided to visit the community comments section of telltale games.com and read about the 'enter' key solution. This sort of problem should not happen. Nor should I have had to search for a solution. Many buyers would not have bothered but I am a older experienced user and know how computer coding works except when my mind is kind of foggy after a holiday break and lots of good celebration. Telltale Games now has a complicated registration procedure similar to other developers. It is often just too difficult for the average user to figure out without clear instructions so I was not surprised to see complaints here on this forum. You can do better, Telltale. Your story-based games are top-notch and I am a fan of your games but please change your registration procedures to something more sensible.

• For days I had been unable to login. So I grudgingly hit enter instead of the login button. It worked!! Good stuff.

Thank you for providing the extra information. I will make sure to pass it along to the team. For those of you still experiencing the issue, please also try this method to log in, and see if you are able to connect successfully and start playing.

This discussion has been closed.