The wolf among us crash on startup

Hello,

I just bought the game on steam, but it crashes on startup. I see the mouse ponter for a second and then crash.
I used you support tool --> http://www.sendspace.com/file/rbiq07

Can you plz help me?

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. After looking over your support tool information, there doesn't seem to be any hardware issues, or issues with your file structure. Below are a few possible solutions:

1) Ensure you have the latest drivers for both your graphics card, and your computer’s BIOS

2) Restart your system

3) Unplug your gamepad (and all other USB devices other than keyboard/mouse) and plug in headphones to the audio out jack.

4) Verify your cache if you purchased through Steam (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335)

5) Run the game as admin

6) Run the game in compatibility mode (right click on game, click properties, click compatibility tab , and we recommend running the game in Windows 98/ME ) (We recommend Windows 98/ME)

7) Reinstall the game

8) Make sure that the Steam application is not set to a compatibility mode (right click on steam and click properties, then check compatibility, and make sure that it is not checked to play in a different OS)

• Thx alot, the windows 98/ME compatibility did the trick.

You're welcome, enjoy the game!

Nonas posted: »

Thx alot, the windows 98/ME compatibility did the trick.

• Hi again

Yesterday i got the game working with your help, but today it won't launch again. It says that "Sorry, this account is not authorized to access this game." I took some screenshots, http://www.sendspace.com/file/5ugzzn

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please try deleting your SyncFs folder from your

C:\Users\%Username%\Documents\Telltale Games\The Wolf Among Us\ file directory,

and then restart the game, and you should be able to start the game successfully.

Nonas posted: »

Hi again Yesterday i got the game working with your help, but today it won't launch again. It says that "Sorry, this account is not authorized to access this game." I took some screenshots, http://www.sendspace.com/file/5ugzzn

• edited December 2014

Hi there, I just bought the game yesterday night from Steam and just like Nonas it crashes on me. Right now im try the Validating the file to see if it does the trick but I couldnt try to do the whole Windows/Me compatibility cause it wont come up when i right click the icon game. So I can please get some help. I finally have the game and I cant play it.....I will cry.

I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply here with the download link copied and pasted into a reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/51153/twau-support-tool

After receiving the information from your support tool, I will be able to assist you further.

OutlawKite posted: »

Hi there, I just bought the game yesterday night from Steam and just like Nonas it crashes on me. Right now im try the Validating the file t

• I just recently bought the game on Steam and it crashes almost immediately upon trying to load. Have checked System Requirements (all met) and attempted steps listed above.

TWAU support file available here: https://www.sendspace.com/file/hl7xmv

Thanks for your help.

• I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply h

• I also bought twau few days ago for iPad and since I bought it, it has been crashing. Common problem seems to be that its either jamming constantly or leaving options when playing as "blank options". Closing other running programs does not help, neither restarting pad and/or game. Does other iPad users have this problem as well?

After looking over your Support Tool information, it seems that your computer is running below the minimum system requirements to run the game successfully. Where we require a minimum of 512mb of dedicated memory, your computer is currently running at 127mb of dedicated memory. Your computer uses an integrated Intel graphics card, which we do not recommend using for our game, as they tend to run under minimum specs. I recommend either trying to update your current graphics card's drivers to the latest version, and see if you are able to play, or try playing the game on a computer above minimum system requirements if you have the ability to.

You can also try changing the game's resolution and graphics settings to a lower setting, and then continue the episode, and see if your issue is resolved.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/5vn3qr

• ok then and the game doesnt even open up so i guess i will try loading it in another computer. thanks for your help

After looking over your Support Tool information, it seems that your computer is running below the minimum system requirements to run the ga

You're welcome, I hope you are able to enjoy the game!

ok then and the game doesnt even open up so i guess i will try loading it in another computer. thanks for your help

Can you please clarify which model/generation iPad you are currently using, and what iOS version it is currently updated to?

Tykal posted: »

I also bought twau few days ago for iPad and since I bought it, it has been crashing. Common problem seems to be that its either jamming con

My apologies. After looking over your support tool information, it appears that The Wolf Among Us is not installed to the default file path. I recommend try installing another instance of the Steam Client in your C:\ drive, then install The Wolf Among Us to the default file path on the same drive (C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\Telltale Games\The Wolf Among Us) then start the game again, and you will not experience the issue anymore.

zdogg posted: »

I just recently bought the game on Steam and it crashes almost immediately upon trying to load. Have checked System Requirements (all met) a

• I've tried that - reinstalled Steam and then The Wolf Among Us both under default path on C:. However still appears to be the same problem where the game crashes immediately upon trying to execute.
    I've re-run the support tool - https://www.sendspace.com/file/cruu71
    Please let me know what else I can try.
    Thanks

My apologies. After looking over your support tool information, it appears that The Wolf Among Us is not installed to the default file path.

• Left a comment on Season Pass thread but perhaps it makes more sense here. Sorry to repost. XBox 360 black screen on load of Episode 2 with the crash following "Mr. Toad". Have tried all the things mentioned but no go. Any further clarity on this issue?

Please also try deleting the individual episode from your Xbox, and re-download it from the Xbox Marketplace.

To delete an episode, follow these steps:

• Hit the Xbox Guide Button in the Middle of your Controller
    • Go as far to the right as you can
    • Scroll down and click on System Settings
    • Scroll down and click on Storage
    • Click your HardDrive/Memory Card (Wherever the DLC is Saved on)
    • Click on Games and Apps
    • Scroll down and find the game you want to delete the DLC for and click on the game
    • A list of all your saves, DLC, etc will show up, find the DLC/Episode you want and click it
    • Now scroll down and click Delete

To Re-Download

• Go to the Game Marketplace
    • Go the game you want to re-download the DLC for
    • Click Download Again for the DLC (The Episode should say ‘Free’ next to it)
    jab143 posted: »

* Left a comment on Season Pass thread but perhaps it makes more sense here. Sorry to repost. XBox 360 black screen on load of Episode 2 w

After looking over your Support Tool information again, I noticed that your monitor's current refresh rate is set to 144Hz, when it's native refresh rate is 60Hz. I recommend try following the steps in This Article to changing the refresh rate back to the native setting, then restart Steam, and see if you are able to start the game successfully.

I've tried that - reinstalled Steam and then The Wolf Among Us both under default path on C:. However still appears to be the same problem w

• I've changed the refresh rate back to 60Hz and still have what appears to be the same problem with an immediate crash on launch.

Here's the support file: https://www.sendspace.com/file/akjwo7

Would it help to post any details about the Windows app crash details?

I'd appreciate any further advice to get the game working.

Thanks

After looking over your Support Tool information again, I noticed that your monitor's current refresh rate is set to 144Hz, when it's native

Can you please clarify if your new install of The Wolf Among Us is
    C:/Users/YOURNAME/Documents/Telltale Games/The Wolf Among US/ ?

I've changed the refresh rate back to 60Hz and still have what appears to be the same problem with an immediate crash on launch. Here's t

• edited January 2015

I'm on a Asus transformer Tf101 tablet and I bought the season pass for 15 dollars and none of the episodes will load up it just crashes just plz help

I apologize for the inconvenience. After looking over your support tool information, there doesn't seem to be any hardware issues, or issues

My apologies, unfortunately your particular device's GPU is not officially supported to run the game, as it may encounter performance issues such as these. I recommend either playing on a device with a supported GPU, or contacting Google Play Support for any inquiries regarding refunds, or refund requests. I apologize I could not assist you further.

I'm on a Asus transformer Tf101 tablet and I bought the season pass for 15 dollars and none of the episodes will load up it just crashes just plz help

• It's 'C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/The Wolf Among Us' - default install path for the game via Steam.
    Quite frustrated that I still can't get this working - please advise further steps or any other support guides that may be available.

Can you please clarify if your new install of The Wolf Among Us is C:/Users/YOURNAME/Documents/Telltale Games/The Wolf Among US/ ?

• Note nothing has been installed under C:/Users/YOURNAME/Documents/Telltale Games/The Wolf Among US/ as you've suggested. It appears that everything is under the steam directory

It's 'C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/The Wolf Among Us' - default install path for the game via Steam. Quite frustrated that I still can't get this working - please advise further steps or any other support guides that may be available.

After looking over your most recent support tool, I noticed that you have/had files associated with the game still in

Y:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\The Wolf Among Us\TheWolfAmongUs.exe

Can you please clarify if deleting these files allows you to start the game?

Note nothing has been installed under C:/Users/YOURNAME/Documents/Telltale Games/The Wolf Among US/ as you've suggested. It appears that everything is under the steam directory

• Thanks for replying but there was no directory at Y:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\The Wolf Among Us\ when I last posted. I have however removed the registry entry for Compatibility mode (Win98) which appears to be the only part of the support tool output that refers to the old directory on Y:\
    Still getting the same problem.

Here's the re-run support tool output (including screenshots of crash error windows):
    http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/AR0BDttL/7e1fW9uvjgW4JQEW9tO1QOb

Also here is the output from the crash window:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: TheWolfAmongUs.exe
    Application Version: 2013.11.14.26331
    Application Timestamp: 52856dfc
    Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
    Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18247
    Fault Module Timestamp: 521ea8e7
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 0003ea47
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 3081
    Additional Information 1: 4c0d
    Additional Information 2: 4c0d4d78887f76d971d5d00f1f20a433
    Additional Information 3: 4c0d
    Additional Information 4: 4c0d4d78887f76d971d5d00f1f20a433

What else should I try?

After looking over your most recent support tool, I noticed that you have/had files associated with the game still in Y:\Program Files\St

• TWAU_support_data_pc.zip (10.65KB)
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/njsuhg

error1.jpg (24.72KB)
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/nkbgwj

error2.jpg (68.90KB)
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/hbuzcc

Thanks for replying but there was no directory at Y:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\The Wolf Among Us\ when I last posted. I have howe

My apologies, unfortunately I am out of potential solutions. Please make sure that your game is set to 'Always keep this game up to date'. To do this, please right click on the game from within your Steam Library and go to Properties. Once in the Properties window, navigate to the Updates tab, and under the Automatic Updates section make sure that the drop down bar is set to Always keep this game up to date.

After you set the game to always update, please close down the Steam Client completely. (Please also make sure to close it if it is still open in the hidden icons in the bottom right of the screen when you click the upward facing arrow. If it is, please right click the Steam icon and click Exit.)

Once Steam is closed, please reopen it, and you should receive any of the necessary updates for the game to work. Then try starting the game again and see if you are able to play successfully. If you still experience issues, please contact Steam Support for more potential solutions to resolve your issue, or any refund requests.

TWAU_support_data_pc.zip (10.65KB) https://www.sendspace.com/file/njsuhg error1.jpg (24.72KB) https://www.sendspace.com/file/nkbgwj error2.jpg (68.90KB) https://www.sendspace.com/file/hbuzcc

• Hi, I bought all the episodes on to my Amazon kindle but episodes
    2_4_5 don't work,it freezes during the loading of the episode and sends me out of the game, if tyres uninstalling and downloading the episodes but that hasn't worked, also restarting the kindle hasn't helped either , please help

Please make sure that you have closed all applications running in the background, other than the game itself, by following the steps in This Webpage. Then reset your Kindle device, and try playing the episodes again. If you still experience an issue, can you please clarify what generation Kindle you are currently using, and if it's a Kindle, Kindle HD, or Kindle HDX?

Hi, I bought all the episodes on to my Amazon kindle but episodes 2_4_5 don't work,it freezes during the loading of the episode and sends m

• I have done that but still no luck, I am using a kindle fire hd7 (4th generation)

Please make sure that you have closed all applications running in the background, other than the game itself, by following the steps in This

I apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify if you have tried deleting, and re-downloading the episodes, then before playing them, turn your device off, and back on again, to clear the devices cache, then starting the game application after turning your device back on?

I have done that but still no luck, I am using a kindle fire hd7 (4th generation)

• Hi yes I hae tried that but still no luck

I apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify if you have tried deleting, and re-downloading the episodes, then before playing t

I apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately I am out of potential solutions to resolve your issue. I recommend contacting Amazon support for further assistance, and see if they have any other potential solutions to resolve your issue.

Hi yes I hae tried that but still no luck

This discussion has been closed.