Walking Dead (2) PS4 - Unable to find save from season 1

Comments

• I have the patch 1.01 but I still can't import my save. Tried reinstalling, using cloud but still nothing.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

Can you please clarify if your Season One PS4 saves are saved locally to the same hard drive?

aZom-b posted: »

I have the patch 1.01 but I still can't import my save. Tried reinstalling, using cloud but still nothing.

• Yes, both saves are stored locally

Can you please clarify if your Season One PS4 saves are saved locally to the same hard drive?

edited December 2014

Is your Season One save a completed save (ex: Episodes 1-5 are fully completed)? Are both Season One, and Season Two from the same region? (North America/Europe?) Also, have you made sure that you have hit Play at the main menu, and chose a blank save slot to import the saves into? After you chose a Save Slot, the next screen will begin to import your Season One saves.

Yes, both saves are stored locally

• I am on PS4, and I also have this same issue. I have completed all 5 episodes + 400 Days, I have the patch installed, I have made sure the save is on the hard drive and not the cloud, I have deleted and reinstalled, I have done everything and it still does not detect the save game :(

Is your Season One save a completed save (ex: Episodes 1-5 are fully completed)? Are both Season One, and Season Two from the same region? (

• Both are from Europe (UK), Season Ones is fully complete including 400 Days. I have selected a blank save slot. But still nothing, just the "unable to find a save" screen. Both games are also installed to the latest versions

Is your Season One save a completed save (ex: Episodes 1-5 are fully completed)? Are both Season One, and Season Two from the same region? (

• I have the same issue too; bought season 1 (inc 400 days) for the ps4 specifically so that my choices would be imported into season 2. However season 2 cannot locate the save file!! Updated to version 1.01 and still nothing. Fix please as both games were an (expensive) christmas present that is now very disappointing!

• I completed Season 1 TWD (Disk) on ps4 with the 5 episodes and 400 days and i downloaded Season 2 TWD (from PSN) with the latest patch (1.01). I've only just discovered this problem, had no idea it's been bothering people for a few months. HOWEVER, STILL NOT FINDING MY SAVE FILE!

Please fix this or/and give us a CLEAR guide on how to fix the issue ourselves (whether it be, save it into a different slot, etc etc).

• This really does need a fix. I want to play the second season with my own choices, not randomly generated. Tempted to just take the game back.

JimmyGinger posted: »

I completed Season 1 TWD (Disk) on ps4 with the 5 episodes and 400 days and i downloaded Season 2 TWD (from PSN) with the latest patch (1.01

• edited January 2015

I'm on season 1 episode 5 & my saves do not continue from episode 4. I can continue to play but I have to start in the save slot I lost & I have to rewind to the last chapter I completed. If I hit continue from episode 5 it starts at the beginning of that episode & not were I last left off. It is a major disappointment, so please fix it.

• Is there any update? Waiting to play season 2 but I am still unable to use my Season 1 Save.

• They have been pretty bad at addressing it. I raised a ticket about it about a week ago and still haven't heard anything. I'm hoping it's because of the holidays and they'll address or at the very least acknowledge the problem. Each day that goes by just makes me want to trade them in through frustration.

Is there any update? Waiting to play season 2 but I am still unable to use my Season 1 Save.

@Rebsey Can you please clarify if you are also in the European region?

Rebsey posted: »

I have the same issue too; bought season 1 (inc 400 days) for the ps4 specifically so that my choices would be imported into season 2. Howev

@Strummer5202 Can you please clarify if you also are located in the European region? We experienced a similar issue when the game was originally released in Europe, but have since resolved the issue with Update v1.01. Can you please clarify that you are in the European region, have updated to v1.01, and you have played both Season One and Season Two EU versions, and are still experiencing the issue?

They have been pretty bad at addressing it. I raised a ticket about it about a week ago and still haven't heard anything. I'm hoping it's be

• Yes, both games are the EU version and I am in the UK. I have updated to the latest patch and still run into the issue. Saves are on the hard drive and not the cloud, I've tried reinstalling everything, I've selected a save slot etc and still no luck. I love Season One and am itching to play Season 2 :(

@Strummer5202 Can you please clarify if you also are located in the European region? We experienced a similar issue when the game was origin

Can you please clarify if you are playing the disc version of the game, or the digital download version? If you are playing the disc version, can you please clarify what the Ratings on the front of the game boxes say for each game? Also, if you start Season One, can you still see your completed saves? When you start Season Two, and select the Play button, and choose a blank save slot, do you receive the 'unable to locate a save file' message?

Yes, both games are the EU version and I am in the UK. I have updated to the latest patch and still run into the issue. Saves are on the har

• Yes, European Region based in the UK. I can see the saves in Season 1 and when I select a blank slot on season 2 it is still unable to find save file. I have the disc version.

@Rebsey Can you please clarify if you are also in the European region?

If you are playing the disc version, can you please clarify what the Ratings on the front of the game boxes say for each game (Season One and Two)?

Yes, European Region based in the UK. I can see the saves in Season 1 and when I select a blank slot on season 2 it is still unable to find save file. I have the disc version.

• Pegi 18 and Mature themes 17+... Does that mean they're different regions? Because I made sure I ordered the same region so I will take it up with the seller if that's wrong.

If you are playing the disc version, can you please clarify what the Ratings on the front of the game boxes say for each game (Season One and Two)?

• I have got the disc version of both games. I can still see my saves in Season One, yes. I can still load them as usual. When I click play it says Unable To Find A Save File. Then offers me the choice to buy Season One.

When you say ratings, what do you mean?

Can you please clarify if you are playing the disc version of the game, or the digital download version? If you are playing the disc version

• Hi, I have the digital versions of season 1 and 2 and my save files for season 1 have disappeared. But strangely when I started season 2 it said it found my save file?? to import and season 2 started fine.

But I can't go back to season 1 to finish the 400 days dlc - help

I have got the disc version of both games. I can still see my saves in Season One, yes. I can still load them as usual. When I click play it

Unfortunately if the ratings are from different regions, your games are in fact from different regions, and unfortunately the save files will not transfer over successfully. I sincerely apologize for any difficulties this causes you, and recommend contacting the distributor for further assistance.

Pegi 18 and Mature themes 17+... Does that mean they're different regions? Because I made sure I ordered the same region so I will take it up with the seller if that's wrong.

@Strummer5202 On the bottom left/right of the game cases, do the ratings say Pegi 18, or Mature 17+? Also, do they both have the same ratings standards, or are they different from one another? If they are different, then unfortunately your save files are incompatible between different region versions of the game, and will not be able to transfer over to Season Two successfully.

@lowdef Can you please clarify if you can still see your Season One save files in the Storage Management menu on your PS4? If you start Season One on your PS4, are you able to see the save files after selecting Play from the main menu?

I have got the disc version of both games. I can still see my saves in Season One, yes. I can still load them as usual. When I click play it

• Season 2 says Mature 17+ and Season says 18. If this is known to you guys, why haven't you made it widely known? I could have attempted to find 2 of the same. I wouldn't have ordered online.

@Strummer5202 On the bottom left/right of the game cases, do the ratings say Pegi 18, or Mature 17+? Also, do they both have the same rating

• Well now, I have to admit, I bought Walking Dead season 1disk online, and it's a region free one. I guess the next move is to download season 1 on PSN and replay my story choice etc.
    Shame I could not of known about this before I completed the game, but oh well.
    I'll be back on here if this next move doesn't work.

• Yes I can see the file in storage management but it's only 67.11mb after completing all but 2 bits of 400 days. When I click play on season one the 3 boxes only say new game??

@Strummer5202 On the bottom left/right of the game cases, do the ratings say Pegi 18, or Mature 17+? Also, do they both have the same rating

I apologize for the inconvenience. I recommend try deleting and re-downloading Season One, and make sure that it is updated to the latest version, then restart it, and see if you are able to see your save files successfully.

lowdef posted: »

Yes I can see the file in storage management but it's only 67.11mb after completing all but 2 bits of 400 days. When I click play on season one the 3 boxes only say new game??

• Hi, just tried that but I still can't load my saves. So disappointed.

I apologize for the inconvenience. I recommend try deleting and re-downloading Season One, and make sure that it is updated to the latest version, then restart it, and see if you are able to see your save files successfully.

My apologies, unfortunately I am out of potential solutions to resolve your issue. My only other suggestion would be to play through 400 Days on a blank save slot so that you can see what happens in the other 2 parts of 400 Days, but it will not affect your choices in your imported save game.

lowdef posted: »

Hi, just tried that but I still can't load my saves. So disappointed.

• Hi guys,
    i have the same problem with my save. Twd season 2 can't find the save from season 1. My games are from different regions... (pegi, esrb). If i buy both games from the same region, problem will be solved?

edited January 2015

Yes, if you purchase Season Two from the same region as Season One, your saves will import successfully. Unfortunately save files from different regions are incompatible.

RickG posted: »

Hi guys, i have the same problem with my save. Twd season 2 can't find the save from season 1. My games are from different regions... (pegi, esrb). If i buy both games from the same region, problem will be solved?

• cool thx for fast answer

You're welcome, enjoy the game!

RickG posted: »

cool thx for fast answer

• Recently purchased Season 1 & 2 off PSN, located in Australia.
    Just finished 1 and 400 days, saved in slot 3 (can't copy to other slots btw).
    Game can't find my load file.

Can you please clarify if both games are updated to the latest versions? Also, are the save games of a completed game? Save files can only be read if it is a save file of the completed episodes. Please also make sure that you have hit Play at the main menu, and chosen a blank Save Slot to import your save games into, and Season Two will begin to automatically find your save games from Season One.

brutboss posted: »

Recently purchased Season 1 & 2 off PSN, located in Australia. Just finished 1 and 400 days, saved in slot 3 (can't copy to other slots btw). Game can't find my load file.

• Season 1 is up-to-date, with one save game in slot 3. this save is complete. no other save games stored.
    Season 2 tells me there is an update available (an update was automatically applied when i first downloaded but before i played). I select to update - and nothing happens, nothing appears in download queue.

I press play, select a blank slot and it takes me to upload save screen - which then indicates on screen that a previous save game cannot be found.

Can you please clarify if both games are updated to the latest versions? Also, are the save games of a completed game? Save files can only b

My apologies, if you are unable to update Season Two to the latest version, please try deleting it and re-downloading it from the Playstation Store, then make sure that the latest update available is downloaded and installed as well before starting the game, and you should be able to successfully import your save games.

brutboss posted: »

Season 1 is up-to-date, with one save game in slot 3. this save is complete. no other save games stored. Season 2 tells me there is an upda

• So there is no way for me to import my season 1 completed game from ps to ps4 so all the choices I made mean nothing...

• I uninstalled and reinstalled Season 2 and my save game from the prior season was found. working now, thank you.
    Side note - the final section of the first episode was without sound.

My apologies, if you are unable to update Season Two to the latest version, please try deleting it and re-downloading it from the Playstatio

My apologies, unfortunately save files between different platforms are incompatible with each other. You will need to own both seasons of the game on the same console/platform in order to successfully import your saves between seasons.

Fsubran posted: »

So there is no way for me to import my season 1 completed game from ps to ps4 so all the choices I made mean nothing...

This discussion has been closed.