My Saves Don't Show Up!!! Walking Dead Season 1

Yesterday I had just bought the 400 Day DLC and stated up normal by loading my first save. Then I played the DLC for about an hour, then I shut my pc off. Once I came back later I turned on my pc and opened the game back up, and when I went to load my save it only gave me the option to make new saves. So after that I checked the cloud and my pc which both stored the saves. Then I restarted my pc and opened the game up once again and it asked me which saves I would like to download so I downloaded my cloud save, but It couldn't sync. Afterwords it didn't give me the option and now it won't let me access my saves in-game. I'm using the Steam Edition by the way.

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply here with the download link copied and pasted into a reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/44150/twd-support-tool-for-information-gathering

After receiving the information from your support tool, I will be able to assist you further.

• edited December 2014

hope yours get figured out!

• I had a similar issue, in episode 4 (season 1), my game froze. I thought it would be no big deal becuase my game had just recently saved, but I logged back in, and my saved files were gone. I followed the instructions and ran the support tool, but that discussion is closed. if you could help me out as well, i'd appreciate it. Here is the link for my support file:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/t5wk5s

I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply h

My apologies, unfortunately after looking over your Support Tool information, I cannot seem to find a reason for why your issue is occurring. Here are a few possible solutions:

1) Restart your computer

2) Play the game with your computer disconnected from the internet

3) If your Mac has multiple graphics cards, go to your system preference and click on ‘energy saver’. Uncheck ‘Automatic Graphics Switching’ and this will make sure your Mac is using your more powerful graphics card.

4) Verify your cache if you purchased through Steam (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335)

5) Try playing the game with no other programs running in the background

6) Reinstall the game

If reinstalling the game doesn’t resolve the issue, also delete your prefs .prop and saves which can be found within your library/application support/telltale games/The Walking Dead (you may wish to back these files up to an external HDD or flashdrive first.)

kkristenn posted: »

hope yours get figured out!

• Of course haha.
    Thank you, I'll try those out

My apologies, unfortunately after looking over your Support Tool information, I cannot seem to find a reason for why your issue is occurring

• edited December 2014

offline, no other programs, and restarting didn't work :/
    However, when I verified the cache, it said "1 file failed to validate and will be reacquired"
    not sure what to do about that.. i'll try reinstalling it since all my stuff seems to be uploaded to the cloud and I backed up the files...

I played episode 3 offline (I was on an airplane), 1,2, and half of 4 (until it crashed) were online... do you think that made a difference?

My apologies, unfortunately after looking over your Support Tool information, I cannot seem to find a reason for why your issue is occurring

• Dear Tell Tale Games:

I too suffer the same problems like kkristenn and my game froze on me and I was forced to reboot the computer, however the game erased my files all the way back to the end episode 1. I was in the middle of Episode 3 until the said froze happens.

I tried everything this board has replied to restore my status and even restarting it from the beginning TWICE.

Instead of just rushing in the market and have a game with painful bugs, wait until the bugs are fixed!

You are all talented developers but the constant bugs and deletions feel like they're possessed by walkers themselves! If I had bought the game at full price at Steam, I would've been completely livid.

Don't disappoint your fans please.

• I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply h

@ExplodingCowy Please rename the prefs.prop file in the following location:

F:\Steam\SteamApps\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\Pack\default

to prefs.prop.bak to disable it, then restart the game, and your save files should be restored.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/lo63um

If you are playing the game with Steam Cloud Saves enabled for The Walking Dead, your playthrough of Episode 3 offline may have altered your save files. I recommend disabling Cloud Saves for The Walking Dead, then start the game again, and see if your save files are restored. (You can check this by right clicking on the game in your Steam Library, clicking Properties, and click the Updates tab. Near the bottom of the page, you can see if the Steam Cloud is enabled for The Walking Dead: Season 1)

kkristenn posted: »

offline, no other programs, and restarting didn't work However, when I verified the cache, it said "1 file failed to validate and will be

My apologies, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply here with the download link copied and pasted into a reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/44150/twd-support-tool-for-information-gathering

After receiving the information from your support tool, I will be able to assist you with your issue.

Big_Pete33 posted: »

Dear Tell Tale Games: I too suffer the same problems like kkristenn and my game froze on me and I was forced to reboot the computer, howe

• Dear TelltaleMike,

I have just purchased WalkingDead Season1 from steam... Played 8 hours non-stop in a single day. However, the next day i don't have the saves..Please help.
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/3hz5vl

After looking over your Support Tool information, it appears that you have Steam, and the game installed to a different drive than the save files are located. Can you please clarify if you reinstall the game to your C:\ drive, that you are then able to see your save files successfully? If you play the game using Steam, you may also need to install another instance of Steam onto that drive as well.

dadaz posted: »

Dear TelltaleMike, I have just purchased WalkingDead Season1 from steam... Played 8 hours non-stop in a single day. However, the next day i don't have the saves..Please help. https://www.sendspace.com/file/3hz5vl

This discussion has been closed.