Walking Dead Season 1 Connecting*SOLVED*

edited January 2015 in Game Support

Ok So I've been playing Season 1, about an episode a day, took a break, now when I try to open the game. It won't work. Here's the issue:

It loads up perfectly fine
I can get to the menu
"Click to continue"
From here onwards however I'm stuck on "Connecting"

I figured it could just be some server issue or it's slow. However I tried again yesterday and Today and I'm still having this issue. I tried reinstalling however I'm still in the same boat. I have left the game running for a few hours to see if it would work after a period of time (just incase) but to no avail it still doesn't work.

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply here with the download link copied and pasted into a reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/44150/twd-support-tool-for-information-gathering

After receiving the information from your support tool, I will be able to assist you further.

• edited January 2015

Why don't you just fix your game? I had ti working about 3 months ago but now it doesn't.

Tales of the borderlands works just fine.

I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply h

If you are becoming stuck on the 'Connecting' screen, can you please clarify what platform you are playing the game on? (PC/Mac/PS3/Xbox/iOS/Android?) If you are on a mobile device, can you please clarify which device, and what OS version you are running? Also, if you are on PC/Mac, can you please clarify if you are playing the Telltale Games version, or the Steam version? After we receive this information, we will be able to assist you further.

• PC have had it since the Summer Sale on steam.

If you are becoming stuck on the 'Connecting' screen, can you please clarify what platform you are playing the game on? (PC/Mac/PS3/Xbox/iOS

If you were able to play it before, please make sure that you have disabled any internet firewall or anti-virus programs open and running that may be blocking the game from communicating successfully with our servers.

PC have had it since the Summer Sale on steam.

• It was on PC, heres the support tool. hope this helps https://www.sendspace.com/file/xiqw2k

I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply h

After looking over your support tool information, please try disabling any anti-virus or internet firewall programs open and running in the background, then start the game, and see if you are able to successfully connect, and play the game.

It was on PC, heres the support tool. hope this helps https://www.sendspace.com/file/xiqw2k

• They have been disabled and it still doesn't go past the connecting phrase. I also played Game of thrones episode 1 today and that worked fine so it's gotta be Something to do with the actual game

After looking over your support tool information, please try disabling any anti-virus or internet firewall programs open and running in the background, then start the game, and see if you are able to successfully connect, and play the game.

This may be related to an issue with your registry. Please open a command window. (Below are instructions on how to open a command window)

Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows Vista / 7: Press the Windows key. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows 8: At the start screen, type in "cmd" and press enter

Then copy the command line below and paste it into the command window, press enter, and confirm the question (to confirm the question, type “y” and press enter):

REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\Launcher”

(Please make sure when you copy the above text that you do not copy a space before or after the text, as that will produce an error message. If you still receive an error after inputting the command line, please try typing in the command line one letter/symbol at a time into the Command prompt)

Please then try launching The Walking Dead again, and see if you are able to successfully connect.

They have been disabled and it still doesn't go past the connecting phrase. I also played Game of thrones episode 1 today and that worked fine so it's gotta be Something to do with the actual game

• The game works now btw

If you were able to play it before, please make sure that you have disabled any internet firewall or anti-virus programs open and running that may be blocking the game from communicating successfully with our servers.

• edited January 2015

Nope Episode 2 is broken as well. Quit the game and reloaded, still broke.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify if you fully closed out of Steam when you quit the game? (Please also make sure to close it if it is still open in the hidden icons in the bottom right of the screen when you click the upward facing arrow. If it is, please right click the Steam icon and click Exit.) Then restart the Steam Client, and start the game again.

Nope Episode 2 is broken as well. Quit the game and reloaded, still broke.

• I tried typing it out as I got the error message as you suggested, however it still comes up with an error message

This may be related to an issue with your registry. Please open a command window. (Below are instructions on how to open a command window)

• The error sign must of worked, because It seems to be working fine now! Thanks Mike I appreciate the help!

I tried typing it out as I got the error message as you suggested, however it still comes up with an error message

You're welcome, I hope you are now able to enjoy the game!

The error sign must of worked, because It seems to be working fine now! Thanks Mike I appreciate the help!

• I am having the same exact same issue. I tried the same fix but it had no apparant effect. This is really annoying. I only got to play the game once for a couple of hours, now the next time I try it just says connecting forever.

I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply here with the download link copied and pasted into a reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/44150/twd-support-tool-for-information-gathering

After receiving the information from your support tool, I will be able to assist you further.

I am having the same exact same issue. I tried the same fix but it had no apparant effect. This is really annoying. I only got to play the game once for a couple of hours, now the next time I try it just says connecting forever.

• Same issue here!

If you become stuck on the 'Connecting...' screen, please try the fix that I posted above, and then restart the game, and see if you are then able to connect, and start the game successfully. I will quote it below:

Please open a command window. (Below are instructions on how to open a command window)

Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Then copy the command line below and paste it into the command window, press enter, and confirm the question (to confirm the question, type “y” and press enter):

(Please make sure when you copy the above text that you do not copy a space before or after the text, as that will produce an error message. If you still receive an error after inputting the command line, please try typing in the command line one letter/symbol at a time into the Command prompt)

Please then try launching The Walking Dead again, and see if you are able to successfully connect.

• I've tried it a few times, copy/paste and typing it out manually. Each time (even the first time) I've gotten an error that says "ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value."

If you become stuck on the 'Connecting...' screen, please try the fix that I posted above, and then restart the game, and see if you are the

Can you please clarify if you have any anti-virus or internet firewalls open and running in the background that may be blocking the game from successfully connecting with our servers?

Volarus posted: »

I'm having the same issue https://www.sendspace.com/file/s4nzef

• Seems to be working fine now, I had run the command about 4 or 5 times and gave the computer a few restarts, but now its working.

I've tried it a few times, copy/paste and typing it out manually. Each time (even the first time) I've gotten an error that says "ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value."

• I can't get past the connecting screen. it worked before, then my comp crashed and I had to install a new harddrive and now the game freezes before it starts.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/9s21j6

Thank you for providing the extra information on how you were able to resolve your issue. I hope you are now able to enjoy the game.

Seems to be working fine now, I had run the command about 4 or 5 times and gave the computer a few restarts, but now its working.

If you become stuck on the 'Connecting...' screen, please try the fix that I posted above, and then restart the game, and see if you are then able to connect, and start the game successfully. (It may take a few tries for it to take effect) I will quote it below:

Please open a command window. (Below are instructions on how to open a command window)

• I have tried the fix above and I get an error message..." ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value."
    I have also went into the system registry and looked for the key and it is not there.
    walking dead season 2 works with no problems.
    why won't season 1 work at all?

If you become stuck on the 'Connecting...' screen, please try the fix that I posted above, and then restart the game, and see if you are the

• Same issue: "ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value."
    I also went into regedit and didn't see such key.

• I shut down my antivirus and tried the game. it did not work. so I turned off ALL Fire walls(public and Private) and shut down the antivirus....
    the game WORKED.
    so now if I want to play "walking dead first season" I have to leave my computer unprotected for hackers to gain easy access.

albinored posted: »

I have tried the fix above and I get an error message..." ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value." I have

• edited February 2015

Is there an update on this? I still can't play the game...
    The Steam forums are not helping either.

• Hello? Can you help me? Here's my support data: https://www.sendspace.com/file/fqbr7u

Thank you.

If you are experiencing connection issues, please try the steps I have provided above, and see if you are then able to connect successfully. I will quote the steps below:

andephaynd posted: »

Hello? Can you help me? Here's my support data: https://www.sendspace.com/file/fqbr7u Thank you.

• I've already do this. But after I click "Click To Continue" still stuck at "The Walking Dead" and no notification appears that it was "Connecting..."

If you are experiencing connection issues, please try the steps I have provided above, and see if you are then able to connect successfully.

edited February 2015

Can you please clarify if you have tried disabling any anti-virus or internet firewall programs open and running that may be blocking the game's communication with our servers? You can also try completely disconnecting from the internet, then starting the game, to see if you are then able to start the game successfully?

I've already do this. But after I click "Click To Continue" still stuck at "The Walking Dead" and no notification appears that it was "Connecting..."

• Yes, I've already disabled anti-virus and internet firewall programs and also tried starting the game diconnected from the internet and I still have the same problem, the "Click To Continue" is gone but still nothing is happening.

Can you please clarify if you have tried disabling any anti-virus or internet firewall programs open and running that may be blocking the ga

When you input the above command prompt into your command window, can you please clarify if you received an error message, or did the process complete successfully? (If you received an error message, you would have received a message such as 'location was not able to be found')

Yes, I've already disabled anti-virus and internet firewall programs and also tried starting the game diconnected from the internet and I still have the same problem, the "Click To Continue" is gone but still nothing is happening.

• I dont received an error message and it makes me fill up for username and password again. And then I tried to click "Click to Continue" again and it still has the same stuck on it, no "Connecting"...

When you input the above command prompt into your command window, can you please clarify if you received an error message, or did the proces

This discussion has been closed.