Saved Game is Glitched (TWD S1 PS4)

I recently purchased TWD Season 1 digitally on the North American Playstation Store on the PS4. I played through the game until the near end of episode 4 on save slot one. However, I decided that I wanted to redo some of the decisions I made so I replayed the whole game on save slot two.
Everything was fine until I started playing episode 5 on my new playthrough,

While I was playing through episode 5 for the first time, I quit the game before I finished the episode. Upon going back to my save files, I noticed that the file I was playing on in slot 2 was deleted. The file in slot one still remained though. Luckily, my PS4 automatically backed up my saves before this happened through the use of its cloud storage. I copied the save from cloud storage onto my PS4, and I was able to get my save file back.

Eventually, I was able to beat the game, but I still have issues. When I go back to rewind episode five on my second save slot, three of the chapters that you should be able to rewind to near the end of the game are missing. These chapters are Chapter 5: The Gauntlet, Chapter 6: The Stranger, and Chapter 7: Stay Close To Me. Due to this, the final two chapters that I am able to rewind to are Chapter 5: Going alone and Chapter 7: Goodbye.

I have tried rewinding from chapter 5 in Episode 5 a couple of times to see If I could fix this issue. Each time I did this, I continued to play until I beat the game again. However, both times I did this I discovered that my save file was deleted afterwords. I still had my saves backed up, so I did not lose any progress. The three chapters from Episode 5 were still not available to rewind to though. After this, I attempted to playthrough 400 days.

I beat Vince's chapter, and I got halfway though Wyatt's chapter in 400 Days. After getting half way through Wyatt's chapter, I quit to the main menu of the game. I then tried to rewind 400 days, but I was unable to rewind back to Vince's chapter, or to the beginning of Wyatt's chapter. i was only able to rewind to a point that was already half way through Wyatt's chapter (which is basically right where I was when I quit the game).

I eventually continued from that half way point and I finished Wyatt's chapter. After doing this, I went back to the rewind for 400 Days. The half way point of Wyatt's chapter was still the only point in which I could rewind to. I decided to start up Russel's chapter to see if I could somehow get the other chapters by doing so. Upon starting Russel's chapter, I quit back to the main menu. However, this time my save in slot 2 was deleted.

To summarize my issues: I cannot rewind to certain chapters in the game that I have already beaten, and my save file gets deleted randomly.

Just so you are aware, I have already attempted deleting and downloading the game again. I did that, and it do not solve any of my issues.
Any Help would be appreciated.

Comments

• I am having a very similar issue on TWD S2 game. I've bought it on the PS store, and after replaying a few chapters, my original save file seemed to be missing bits and some of 'my choices' were missing also. I have completed the game now and all the chapters of episode 5 are missing, so I have to replay the entire episode if I want to go back, I don't know how to fix this

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

@My apologies for any difficulties this has caused you. Can you please clarify if when you downloaded and installed the game that you made sure to download and install the latest update for the game as well? Also, can you please clarify if when you quit the game before finishing Episode 5 for the first time, that it was not during an autosaving or loading sequence? If so, your save file may have become corrupted in the process, and may experience the issues you are describing. I would then have to recommend starting a new game to ensure the issue does not repeat itself again.

@walker-thangs Have you made sure to download and install the latest update available for The Walking Dead: Season Two? Also, can you please clarify if you were offline, or online when playing through Episode 5?

• I've also been having some saved game issues. I played TWD Season 1 on PS4, all the way through, transferred that to Season 2, played all the way through, no problems. I then decided that I'd like to change a few decisions in season 1, so I went and tried to copy my completed save file to another save slot, so that I could rewind and make some different choices, while maintaining my original save.

However, this didn't work. It gave me the option to copy, the spinning saving wheel showed up in the upper right corner when I chose the option, but it was a 'new game' slot, and if I went to a later chapter to try and run it, it asked if it should generate decisions from previous skipped chapters. I tried this a few times, with no success. Then, today I tried just starting a new game in one of those slots. I played through to the car crash, let myself get eaten by the cop, and... it took me back to the main menu, with no record of a save file. I thought that was a little weird, so I started another new save file, played all the way through to entering Clementine's house, made sure to let the game save, then went back to the main menu - and there was no record of there being a save. I don't know whether this is related to or independent of my previous attempts to copy my save, but now I have both problems, and effectively cannot play the game, unless I want to play it perfectly, in one go, without having a save file later, and I really don't want to do that.

I'd rather not have to uninstall my game, but at this point, I may have to. I don't know if that means I'll lose my completed save. I don't even know if it will work. Oh, and I did this while online, with a fully updated game.

tl;dr - My game will not save on TWD Season 1 for PS4, possibly due to attempting to copy a completed save, which also doesn't work.

My apologies for any difficulties this has caused you. I recommend deleting and re-downloading The Walking Dead: Season One from your PS4. Then download and install both the Season Pass Unlock Key (1.2mb size file) and the Episode 1 Demo/Trial, then start the game, and see if you are able to then either rewind, or start a new game. (Please note that your save files will not be deleted when you delete the game from your PS4.

maimed_dan posted: »

I've also been having some saved game issues. I played TWD Season 1 on PS4, all the way through, transferred that to Season 2, played all th

• edited January 2015

I have deleted and reinstalled the game, but I can't find either the Season Pass Unlock Key or the Episode 1 Demo/Trial. Are you sure that these are things available on the Playstation Store for the PS4 for someone who already owns and has installed the game?

Regardless, I'll check whether the issues have resolved with the re-install.

EDIT: I've now tried it, and both issues are still there.

My apologies for any difficulties this has caused you. I recommend deleting and re-downloading The Walking Dead: Season One from your PS4. T

• Hi!
    I'm experiencing a similar issue. I recently bought season 1 of TWD on the German PS4 store. I completed the main game as well as 400 Days on the first save slot. I then wanted to replay parts of 400 Days so I could get the last two trophies, but I wanted to keep the original save for season 2. So I decided to copy slot 1 onto slot 2; the saving icon appears, but nothing happens afterwards. I eventually gave up and started a new game on slot 2, but the game never actually saves on that slot. So in order to beat rock, paper, scissors, I always have to go through the whole intro for 400 days. This is pretty inconvenient and it also means that my wife cannot play the game because save slot 2 and 3 don't work.

Importing the save to season 2 worked without a problem, though.

I tried re-installing the game but this didn't help. Do you have any other suggestions?

I apologize for the inconvenience, unfortunately if you are unable to read your save files after deleting and re-downloading the game, your save games may have become corrupted. This can happen if the game were ever exited/closed during a loading or autosaving sequence, and you may need to delete the save games, and start a new game. Again, my apologies for any difficulties this may cause you.

maimed_dan posted: »

I have deleted and reinstalled the game, but I can't find either the Season Pass Unlock Key or the Episode 1 Demo/Trial. Are you sure that t

I apologize for the inconvenience. We have had a few reports from players experiencing this issue, and are currently looking further into the root cause of the issue. We hope to have a resolution in the near future. Unfortunately at this time, the only workaround is to upload your saves to the Playstation Online Storage and start a new game, or delete the Season Two Save Data for the game from the Storage Management menu on your PS4's XMB, and start a new game in Season Two. Again, my apologies for any difficulties this may cause you, as we look further into the issue.

• Hi! Thanks for the workaround. However, I think I may have caused a misunderstanding in my previous post. Season 2 has been working fine so far - the import, autosave, everything. I haven't tried copying anything there since there was no need to do so.

The issue is solely in season 1. If I try to copy a save file from slot 1 to slot 2, the progress indicator shows up, but nothing happens. The same is true for slot 3. Also, if I start a new game either on slot 2 or 3, it doesn't save. So I don't think deleting the season 2 save file will help here.

I apologize for the inconvenience. We have had a few reports from players experiencing this issue, and are currently looking further into th

My apologies for the confusion, if you are experiencing any issues with the game not saving, please try deleting and re-downloading the game from the Playstation Store, and see if you are then able to start a new game and/or copy over your saves to another save slot. (Please note that deleting the game will not delete your save files)

Soong posted: »

Hi! Thanks for the workaround. However, I think I may have caused a misunderstanding in my previous post. Season 2 has been working fine

• edited January 2015

Yeah, same issue here. Good news is that deleting your save data will probably fix the issue, it did for me anyways. Bad news is that it means deleting all of your save data. I'm not going to try copying my saves again until I'm sure nothing will go wrong, as this only started after I tried that. Best of luck.

Hi! Thanks for the workaround. However, I think I may have caused a misunderstanding in my previous post. Season 2 has been working fine

• Thank you for your support. Unfortunately, deleting, re-downloading, and re-installing the game didn't solve the problem.

My apologies for the confusion, if you are experiencing any issues with the game not saving, please try deleting and re-downloading the game

edited February 2015

Unfortunately if my previous solution did not resolve the issue, I am out of potential solutions for you to resolve your issue. Your save files may need to be deleted, and start a New Game in order to resolve the particular issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for your support. Unfortunately, deleting, re-downloading, and re-installing the game didn't solve the problem.

This discussion has been closed.