Game Of Thrones iOs freezing badly

edited February 2015 in Game Support

I downloaded episode 2 TWICE today and it freezes over and over again. So badly that I can't get throughout the first five minutes. Really disappointing.

Comments

• Sorry to tell you, there are a lot of problem with episode 2, sadly telltale won't even acknowledge it and it probably won't get it fixed until next week.

• edited February 2015

Same problem with the ipad here. Episode 2 is an unplayable, glitchy mess.

• Count me among those really, REALLY irate with Telltale right now. I have the latest iPad, latest update (was worried it was just me) and if we could swear here, I would sound like a very foul-mouthed angry sellsword.
    I bet you guys had the same experience as me. Episode two is up? ALLRIGHT! YEAH, BABY! Cleared my schedule for a few hours (okay, it wasn't busy, but you get the idea), paid in advance for the package deal with all episodes, waited forever for it to download, and within minutes of launching the game, it was unplayable. First just a few bits of dialogue sounded like a record skipping, but hey, there's subtitles! Then the freezing. Which would not be so bad if it did not happen at the end of a crucial swordfight and skipped/froze right when I needed to kill the last person (or one towards the end) trying to kill me, making it impossible to keep (character's name deleted in the interest of spoilers) from getting killed, preventing me from making ANY PROGRESS PAST A COUPLE OF MINUTES.

I didn't even realize it was a glitch until I'd gotten killed a couple dozen times, thought I must be doing it wrong. Got killed over and over AND OVER, hoping like an idiot that it would work the next time.

They need to fix this FAST, or at least apologize for the mess and say they are trying to resolve it.

Is there any email to write to? Or are we stuck posting here, hoping that someone might happen to see this thread at their leisure? Anything? Because I waited a looong time for this, paid for it (as all of you did), and TG not even acknowledging there is a problem just pisses me off more.

Too bad my first post has to be so unpleasant, but this is a real drag. Also, a crummy way to treat paying fans/customers.

• I am really livid right now. I also paid for the entire package of games in advance, and I updated my IOS in prep for this game. At first I had major dl issues, and my episode screen still looks horrible.
    It takes forever for the game to load and it keep freezing in the same spot and I keep getting killed over and over. (Same as the person above)
    Is someone going to acknowledge this? Is there a patch on the way? Seriously?

• I'm having issues with IOS too with the extreme freezing and was having trouble in the same exact spot as you but at least I know how to get past that now (someone with the same issue helped me out in one of the threads and told me exactly how to do it). After the person speaks and it freezes up the circle appears but don't hit it as soon as you see it. You have to wait for a second for it to look like a little dark grey circle is inside it and that chops off the person's arm.

GatGirl posted: »

I am really livid right now. I also paid for the entire package of games in advance, and I updated my IOS in prep for this game. At first I

• Hey, thanks. Help me out here...it freezes, I see the gray circle then the smaller one...do I tap that small circle? Ive tried and wind up with the same FU.

sbk12345 posted: »

I'm having issues with IOS too with the extreme freezing and was having trouble in the same exact spot as you but at least I know how to get

• NM! I got it. thanks SBK12345

Hey, thanks. Help me out here...it freezes, I see the gray circle then the smaller one...do I tap that small circle? Ive tried and wind up with the same FU.

• This is word for word the exact instructions I got and it helped me pass:

After you pick up the sword the man says "Fuck you Asher"

A split second after that, a circle appears for a very short time on the screen. There is a small unmoving circle in the core, and outside it is another circle that moves towards the core circle.

Do not press the circle until the moving, outside circle is inside the moving circle (similar to what the normal action target is like)

Once I did that, I cut off his arm and was past that.

Let me know if it works for you!

Hey, thanks. Help me out here...it freezes, I see the gray circle then the smaller one...do I tap that small circle? Ive tried and wind up with the same FU.

• Can I also add that my current issue is none of the controls work and I can't change any settings. My controller isn't recognized for Tales and This. There were so many jagged edges during the game but my GPU has enough HP for this game. I switched to fullscreen but I can't change back because the bottom third I cannot cross same with right side. There is a windowed area that I cannot cross and I cannot reach the previous menu button. MY ESCAPE BUTTON ISN'T EVEN WORKING! I have to alt-tab out every time I try to run it. Also for Tales and GoT my mouse seems to have acceleration in game but it have it turned off. I can't click anything easily. I don't know if this is a "feature" to make it more difficult but this is stupid. And in game VSYNC is on but my GPU settings are off for that.

• edited February 2015

Hi, Telltale. You guys are garbage. Releasing a game that can't even run and charging 5 dollars for it. Talk about trash. One would expect you to at least acknowledge the problem, but if you're willing to sell a 90% broken and unplayable game in the first place, you probably don't have any integrity at all.

Parts of the menu are broken. There is no way to delete episode 1. The game starts skipping and lagging constantly during both dialogue and action sequences, making it impossible to play, let alone enjoy. Oh and the game frequently crashes the entire iPad.

Not sure what's more disgraceful, the state of your game, or your ethics.

• I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and now I can't even install episode 2. It want's me to purchase it again.

Hi, Telltale. You guys are garbage. Releasing a game that can't even run and charging 5 dollars for it. Talk about trash. One would expect y

• I have similar problems, constant frame and sound hiccups for ep 2. Really disappointing :(

• I am so angry. Not only did I pay for all the episodes in advance, I go yesterday and look and realize that I got charge for episode two after already paying. If you guys are going to be charging me twice, it would be nice if the game was at the very least playable.

• wait... how did you find out you got recharged? i don't want the same thing happening to me because i bought the season pass too

I am so angry. Not only did I pay for all the episodes in advance, I go yesterday and look and realize that I got charge for episode two aft

• I recall playing the first episode back in December on my iPhone 5s and it was very smooth and enjoyable. After the update for Episode 2 I decided to replay the first episode in preparation for the second, only to witness lagging, audio out of sync, and much stalling through screens. Episode two is just as bad, It is near unplayable and I simply don't know if having bought the multi-pack was a good choice. If TellTale does not fix this soon I'm afraid I'll have to demand a refund. Shame since I love this game and look forward to the rest.

• Same problems for me. Simply put NO MORE SEASON PASSES will be purchased by me. You lost my trust completely a telltale, and your mishandling and silence has solidified my decision.

• I also experience terrible performance on iPad mini, and that after I already bought the game a second time after I found it also to be severely glitchy on PC. I'm very disappointed also.

• I got a receipt emailed from iTunes stores. Not happy.

sbk12345 posted: »

wait... how did you find out you got recharged? i don't want the same thing happening to me because i bought the season pass too

• Unplayable. Really irritating

• Same here what a mess super excited to play L I guess glitches

• Got the same problem. Except I cannot get past the first fight. It keeps freezing right when I need to tap the damn circle and I keep getting killed as a result. Is there any help with this issue?

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

My apologies for any difficulties caused by this. We are currently looking into the issue regarding performance on iOS devices, and hope to have more information in the near future. If you have not tried it yet, please make sure that you have closed any and all apps open and running in the background, then reset your device, and try starting the game app again, and the performance of the app should improve.

• nothing helps,no app closing no restarting no nothing..still buggy and glitchy..please fix the game!

• Did everything suggested...days ago. Did it again today didn't work.
    This is really uncool

• Hi, Mike.
    Any updates on this?

The game has been out for a week, and it's still unplayable with the freezing and the lagging. Is it possible to transfer my purchase to Windows instead of iOS? I don't even care anymore, I just don't want to wait around.

My apologies for any difficulties caused by this. We are currently looking into the issue regarding performance on iOS devices, and hope to

If you have tried my above suggestions, and are still experiencing the issue, please note that we are currently working on a resolution for the issue, and hope to have more information soon.

• edited February 2015

Hi Telltale,

Long time fan, first time poster. I'm afraid I had the same problems on iPad basically making the game unplayable. Really pleased to see a fix available this morning. Downloaded it and everything was nice and smooth, except you reach the same point at the fight in the tavern at the very start and you still can't defend yourself! The part where the valarian soldier days 'f@*k you Asher' and stabs you. There's the start if a circle to hit to deflect him but if you touch it you just die? There's no option to swipe or tap or anything you just get stabbed at right away? Is this just me? Have I done something wrong? Or is it a clitch?

You've put in a bit point so obviously you should be able to do something but you have no choice?

We have updated the game, and the update (Version 1.3) is now live. If you do not have auto-updates enabled, please update to Version 1.3. This update will greatly improve performance throughout the game. We thank you for your patience.

• Thank you. Everything seems sorted now. Thanks for responding so quickly with an update.

We have updated the game, and the update (Version 1.3) is now live. If you do not have auto-updates enabled, please update to Version 1.3. This update will greatly improve performance throughout the game. We thank you for your patience.

You're welcome, enjoy the game!

Phillsmi posted: »

Thank you. Everything seems sorted now. Thanks for responding so quickly with an update.

• ok good its not my system then. It happened to me 5 times already playing it and had to restart the Wall part 3 times already....getting really pist but I have nothing else to do atm so going to attempt to play one more time.

This discussion has been closed.