iPad GOT ep2 not downloading

edited February 2015 in Game Support

Sorry if this is repeat, but couldn't find iPad specific tag

Unable to complete download. Have tried deleting episode partially downloaded and starting again-- get same result, episode almost finishes downloading then backs out and won't complete. Running iOS 7.something, also downloaded your update last weekend, and have season pass. Oh and running on Ipad3

Comments

• This is the same for the iphone. I get 100% downloading but then it just has the message, "partially downloaded". Looking through the forum I'm a bit annoyed with the lack of responses from Tell Tale as it seems like this issue has been happening cross platform.

• I have the same problem as well. Feeling annoyed now.

• Could you all clarify what IOS version your device is on and what model you are trying to run the game on. @foxglove, please update to IOS 8.1.3 and try again to see if your issue is resolved

• i have iphone 6 plus with iOS 8.1.3 still not working tried many times now

• RESOLVED!!!

Alright, after updating (a dangerous proposal on an older model apple device) to 8.1.3 ---it seems to have done the trick on my iPad3. Completely downloaded! So here's hoping my device is not a sluggish mess now. Anyhoo, thanks for the solution, at least for me -gl @pat_bockzkowska

• Partial download just like angrycustomer1. Ipad air. iOS 8.1.3 Please Fix

This is the same for the iphone. I get 100% downloading but then it just has the message, "partially downloaded". Looking through the forum

• edited February 2015

I'm not able to download the second episode either. When I click download the box pops up but it just says "Updating Content: Downloading From Server..." and it never changes. I have an iPad Mini 2 and it has the latest version of iOS.

Edit: I just realized there was an update for the app that I have not downloaded yet. I'll see if that does the trick.

• I am also having this issue. I am on iPad v2 with latest iOS update. I am still getting the partially loaded message. Please advise

• iam on ipad 4.My device is showing that ep 2 is coming soon.I bought the season pass on the day of release.Does that got anything to do with it?

• Ipad 3 running on iOS 8.1.2 here. I'm getting the "Downloading from server" box, but no progress bar. Is there any way to fix the issue without updating?

• I have the same problem tripa

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

For those still experiencing issues downloading Episode 2, please try updating the game application to the latest version (Version 1.2), then restart both your device, and the game application, and you should then be able to download Episode 2 successfully. Please make sure that you are connected to a strong WiFi connection when attempting to download the episode file as well.

• what about those of us who have done this and are experiencing lag and audio issues?

For those still experiencing issues downloading Episode 2, please try updating the game application to the latest version (Version 1.2), the

• iPad Mini model MF090LL/A, running iOS 8.1.3. Ep 1 ran fine. First, app upgrade prior to Ep 2 release resulted in a double menu (one layered on top of other)--cannot read or select properly. Then, Ep 2 apparently downloading, but stops before end and says server error. Have tried multiple times. Have not yet deleted and re-installed app--want to avoid losing profiles. Please help.

• Help mine is still not working i updated and it doesn't leave the server screen please help iPad mini 2

We are currently working on resolving the lagging/hitching and audio issues, and hope to have an update and more information in the near future.

If you are still experiencing issues downloading the episode, please close the game and all other applications running in the background. This should free up necessary system resources. (To close an app running in the background on iOS 6 and before: double tap the home button to make all running apps appear at the bottom of the screen, hold down on an app you wish to close and red buttons will appear, tap the red buttons to close the apps. If on iOS 7/8, double tap the home button and swipe up on the open apps to close them) Also, please turn off your iOS device for at least three minutes before attempting to play the game again. This will allow the device’s cache to clear.

Then after restarting your device, please reset the WiFi by turning the WiFi Settings Off, and back On again. Then try starting the game application again, and see if you are able to successfully download the Episode.

• Hi TTMike. I've done all of the above and I am still experiencing the issues I was before hand.

We are currently working on resolving the lagging/hitching and audio issues, and hope to have an update and more information in the near fut

if your download is ever interrupted and you are seeing 'Partially Downloaded', you can open the Episodes menu in the app, and the episode you were downloading should say 'Partially Downloaded' next to it. You should be able to tap on that episode, and it will ask you if you would like to 'Resume Downloading' or to 'Cancel' the download. When you tap 'Resume', the download should begin at the percent where you last left off.

GatGirl posted: »

Hi TTMike. I've done all of the above and I am still experiencing the issues I was before hand.

• I've just downloaded new update from App Store and the game is finally working after 9 days. Long time over due.

This discussion has been closed.