The Walking Dead Season 2 save files gone/won't load?

124»

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. After looking over your support tool information, your install path does not seem to be in the default location. Can you please clarify if you purchased the Steam version, or the Telltale version of the game?

luciano9429 posted: »

I missed the last choice of the episode 2 and 3 how can I recover them? Here are the data of the tool: https://www.sendspace.com/file/02i4tn

• edited September 2014

Hi, when i try to play season 2 it appears "unable to find a save game", i played all season 1 and 400 days too, i tried to copy all 7 saves i found (including prefes.pop) on "C:\Users*\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking" Dead to "C:\Users*\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead Season Two", i tried to disable steam cloud as well but still unable to find a save game, can you give me any tip?

My apologies, can you please clarify your specific issue that you are experiencing? Can you not access your saves? Can you access your save files page from the main menu?

I apologize for the inconvenience. In order for Season Two to locate, and import your Season One saves, your Season One saves should be in

C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead\

After your saves are in the right place, start Season Two, and click Play, then choose a save slot to import your saves to, and your saves will then be found by Season Two, and imported automatically. (Please note that only a fully completed episode save file can be imported successfully, and partial episode playthroughs cannot be transferred using the import function in Season Two.)

Ranker posted: »

Hi, when i try to play season 2 it appears "unable to find a save game", i played all season 1 and 400 days too, i tried to copy all 7 saves

• [removed]

• I have the steam version

I apologize for the inconvenience. After looking over your support tool information, your install path does not seem to be in the default location. Can you please clarify if you purchased the Steam version, or the Telltale version of the game?

I recommend try turning off Steam Cloud saving for the game, then start the game while connected to the internet, and see if you are then able to see your choices correctly.

If you are still unable to see your choices, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and then start the game while connected to the internet, and your choices should update. (Please note this will not harm your save games in the process)

luciano9429 posted: »

I have the steam version

• Having the same problem. Laptop was recently repaired and I backed up all my files on a external hard drive. This ended up being unnecessary as every file on the computer remained intact (despite some issues with ownership confusion, which have since been fixed).

Link is here: https://www.sendspace.com/file/rhmw32

Thanks for the help.

My apologies, after looking over your support tool information, there doesn't seem to be any issues with your file directory. We have had a few reports from players experiencing this issue, and are currently looking further into the root cause of the issue. We hope to have a resolution in the near future. Unfortunately at this time, the only workaround is to back up your save files to an external folder on your computer and start a new game, or delete the save files for the game from the file directory in your PC, and start a new game in Season Two.

Your save file directory is located in:

C:/Users/YOURNAME/Documents/Telltale Games/The Walking Dead Season Two/

If you wish to back up your save data, please copy everything except the 'SyncFs' folder, and move it to an external folder, and make sure to rename the prefs.prop file to prefs.prop.bak. Then restart the game, and start a new game. Again, my apologies for any difficulties this may cause you.

Aniskaiasis posted: »

Having the same problem. Laptop was recently repaired and I backed up all my files on a external hard drive. This ended up being unnecessary

• edited October 2014

I'm also having the issue of while playing in Season 2, Episode 3 my computer decided it was time to restart during a cutscene and now I cant access my save files or My Choices. Here's the support tool information link https://www.sendspace.com/file/ufs1ur

I apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately if the game was closed/exited/crashed during an autosaving or loading sequence, your save files may have become corrupted. If you are unable to use your save files, I would recommend that you delete them from your save file directory here:

C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead Season Two

Then restart the game, and start a new game.

I'm also having the issue of while playing in Season 2, Episode 3 my computer decided it was time to restart during a cutscene and now I can

• Hi there. Could you please assist on an issue I've been having with my save files for TWD Season 2. I am currently unable to access my save file for the game on my Mac. I have disabled Steam Update on the game and restarted Steam which does not resolve the issue. Please see below my upload from the Support Tool. From the previous posts I was only able to locate one of the pref.prop files at /Users/creaner88/Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/The Walking Dead 2
    Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/03wulr

Please also try disabling Steam Cloud for The Walking Dead: Season Two, and then restart the game, and see if your save files are restored. (You can check this by right clicking on the game in your Steam Library, clicking Properties, and click the Updates tab. Near the bottom of the page, you can see if the Steam Cloud is enabled for The Walking Dead: Season 2)

Creaner88 posted: »

Hi there. Could you please assist on an issue I've been having with my save files for TWD Season 2. I am currently unable to access my save

• edited November 2014

The Walking Dead Season 2 (PS4) Does not load the save files from Season 1 (PS4) ... :(

• I downloaded both seasons of the walking dead for the PS4 and when I try to start season 2 it tells me that it cannot find any saved data on my system. I've tried uploading my saved files to my online storage, saving the save files on a USB stick and connecting it to see if it finds it that way, copying my saves into other slots to see if that works and creating entirely new saves, none of which have worked. Please send solution.

• Hey I lost all my save data for S2 on my PS3. I'm playing the PS3 version. It happened near the end of Episode 4 is there a way to get my save data back? If I were to start over how do I make sure this doesn't happen again

• I have played the Walking Dead Season 2, and had to format and reinstall Windows.

I've made the backup copy of the game, but it only see's my save data from February, not July.

I've tried disabling the cloud, and playing offline, but my most recent save game still will not show, even though they are listed.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Link is here

I apologize for the delayed response. If you are still experiencing the issue on PS4, the latest update (Version 1.01) will resolve the issue. If you have not yet done so, please download update version 1.01, and you will then be able to import your Season One saves into Season Two.

I apologize for the inconvenience, unfortunately if you are unable to access your save files on PS3, there is no way of recovering your saves. We are currently looking further into the root cause of the issue. We hope to have a resolution in the near future. Unfortunately at this time, the only workaround is to upload your saves to the Playstation Online Storage and start a new game, or delete the Save Data Utility for the game from the Save Data Utility menu on your PS3's XMB, and start a new game in Season Two. Again, my apologies for any difficulties this may cause you, as we look further into the issue.

AhTreyYou posted: »

Hey I lost all my save data for S2 on my PS3. I'm playing the PS3 version. It happened near the end of Episode 4 is there a way to get my save data back? If I were to start over how do I make sure this doesn't happen again

My apologies, can you please clarify if you had two prefs.prop files at one point, and possibly merged the two files, or overwrote one of the files? If so, you may have overwrote the one from July, and your newer save file will no longer be able to be used. If you did not overwrite a prefs.prop file, your save files may have become corrupted, and you may need to delete your saves in Season Two and start a new game. I apologize for any difficulties this may cause you.

agiovia posted: »

I have played the Walking Dead Season 2, and had to format and reinstall Windows. I've made the backup copy of the game, but it only see'

• I did check to see if there were two of the prefs.prop file, but there was only one. That is unfortunate with the saved games. I love the game, but to have to start all over is frustrating.

My apologies, can you please clarify if you had two prefs.prop files at one point, and possibly merged the two files, or overwrote one of th

• Hi,

got problems with season 2. I imported data from s01, played s02 e01 till end of e04.
    one day my ssd crashed and i lost all my savegames but they were backuped to stream cloud. but now i cant play e05.
    S2 wants to import s01 savegames. i can see all my choices from s02 e01-e04

https://www.sendspace.com/file/st0qts

• Hi Mike, I have a similar problem. Iv'e played through episodes one and two. When I went to play episode three, my choses were locked and after pressing play I could only access save file B, which is empty, and could not change it. When I go to "change save files", I can not back out of the "change save files" menu. I attempted to use this page to fix my sh!t but to no effect. If you could help out, that would be great.

Amici,
    Tanteno

I apologize for the inconvenience. We have received a small amount of reports from players experiencing a similar issue. We are currently looking into the issue, and hope to have a resolution in the near future. In order to be able to play right now, if you are using multiple save slots, I recommend deleting one of the save slots from your game's file directory, and see if you are then able to access your saves successfully. To do this, please go to the following file directory:

C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead Season Two\

Then delete all of the files associated with one save slot. (The files with saveslot2, saveslot3, or saveslot4 in the name) Then restart the game, and see if you are able to access your saves in your other save slots in-game. Again, my apologies for any difficulties this may cause you.

tanteno5 posted: »

Hi Mike, I have a similar problem. Iv'e played through episodes one and two. When I went to play episode three, my choses were locked and af

• So I only have the one save slot, however their are four that say saveslot1. Each is different however, they say different things
    autosave.bundle
    checkpoint1.bundle
    checkpoint4.bundle
    checkpoint5.bundle
    and id.estore

I apologize for the inconvenience. We have received a small amount of reports from players experiencing a similar issue. We are currently lo

Unfortunately if you are using only one save slot, this solution will not work. Unfortunately I would have to recommend deleting your save files, and starting a new game. You can do this by going to your Documents\Telltale Games\ folder, and deleting the 'The Walking Dead Season Two' folder from your computer, then start the game, and your save files will be cleared, and you will be able to start a game and play through.

We have had reports from players experiencing this issue, that playing through Season Two in smaller increments allows them to play the Season in it's entirety without running into this issue. We have found that playing through multiple episodes in one sitting may be related to the cause of this issue occurring. I recommend try playing through each episode individually/in smaller increments, then after completing an episode and before starting the next episode, try exiting/closing out of the game, and turning your system off, and back on again. Then start the next episode, and repeat the process. After you have reached Episode 5, you should then be able to play through the episode fully, and with all of your choices in-tact. Again, my apologies for any difficulties this may cause you, as we look further into the issue.

tanteno5 posted: »

So I only have the one save slot, however their are four that say saveslot1. Each is different however, they say different things autosave.bundle checkpoint1.bundle checkpoint4.bundle checkpoint5.bundle and id.estore

• can u please help me i use the xbox 360 verson of TWD season 2 i am in now episode 2 so i wanted to change my choices and i mistakenly shut off my xbox when i turned it on again and i hit play it has an infinite updating contact screen

My apologies, unfortunately if you ever exited/closed the game, or shut off your console during an autosaving or loading sequence, your save files may have become corrupted. Can you please clarify if you can still see your save files in the correct save slot after starting the game? Are you able to start a new game in a blank save slot, or do you receive the same 'Updating Content' screen?

• I am having a problem with my TWDS2 save files as well. When I launch the game and try to access my save files, it shows the background of the save files screen and the music still plays, but it won't let me do anything, and I have to close the game. I ran the TWD Support tool, and here is the data: https://www.sendspace.com/file/4tg2hj

• Never mind, I deleted all the save file data from my computer, and I was able to reset my progress and play again.

Epik_Bacca posted: »

I am having a problem with my TWDS2 save files as well. When I launch the game and try to access my save files, it shows the background of t

• Hi!

I play The Walking Dead series on my mac. Like everyone else in this thread my TWDS2 can't find my save files from season 1. In the main menu in season 2 the "My Choices" option is locked. However I can find save files in Library/Application Support/telltale games/TheWalkingDead. I have tried to turn off and on steam cloud but that has not helped. I would really appreciate if I could get some help with this.

edited July 2015

If you have just installed and started Season Two for the first time. Please first make sure that you have allowed Season Two to import your saves by clicking 'Play' on the main menu, then choosing a Save Slot to import your saves into, and the game will begin automatically locating the save files, and import them there.

If the issue persists, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply here with the download link copied and pasted into a reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/44150/twd-support-tool-for-information-gathering

After receiving the information from your support tool, I will be able to assist you further.

Adoradi posted: »

Hi! I play The Walking Dead series on my mac. Like everyone else in this thread my TWDS2 can't find my save files from season 1. In the m

• I launched the game as you said and it works. I feel a little dumb now haha. Thank you so much for the help!

If you have just installed and started Season Two for the first time. Please first make sure that you have allowed Season Two to import your

Thank you for replying that you were able to import your saves successfully. I hope you are now able to enjoy the game!

Adoradi posted: »

I launched the game as you said and it works. I feel a little dumb now haha. Thank you so much for the help!

• Hello, i am having the same problem as others. I have tried an assortment of different methods but no joy. I have the GOG version and everything seems to be where it should be. I have tried re installing. Not sure what else to do. I did not use compatibility mode for season one and have completed all episodes. I have run the tool. Here is the link:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/1xvlkt

Help would be much appreciated.

edited July 2015

I sincerely apologize for any difficulties this has caused you. It appears that your The Walking Dead save file directories are named 'The Walking Dead Season 1, and 'The Walking Dead - Season 2'. Please make sure that the folder containing all of your Season One save files is called 'The Walking Dead', and your Season Two save file directory is called 'The Walking Dead Season Two'. Otherwise Season Two will not be able to locate the save files from Season One. I'll post the proper file path for each game below:

Season One:
    C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead\

Season Two:
    C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead Season Two\

After you have renamed the folders, start Season Two, and click Play. Then choose a save slot, and Season Two will begin automatically locating your save files, and import them for you.

SHERBZ posted: »

Hello, i am having the same problem as others. I have tried an assortment of different methods but no joy. I have the GOG version and ever

• You Mike, are a hero. Thanks very much for your help. In case you cannot tell, it worked like a charm. Very strange though that the GOG version named the folders like that because i didnt. Never mind, at least it works. Thank you for a very prompt and efficient response. I bet you must be bored of answering questions on this. But we all appreciate teh help you have given.

I sincerely apologize for any difficulties this has caused you. It appears that your The Walking Dead save file directories are named 'The W

edited July 2015

You're welcome, thank you for replying that this was able to resolve your issue for you. I hope you are now able to enjoy the game with your choices!

SHERBZ posted: »

You Mike, are a hero. Thanks very much for your help. In case you cannot tell, it worked like a charm. Very strange though that the GOG v

This discussion has been closed.