Game of Thrones episode 2 Tavern fight issue

edited February 2015 in Game Support

I bought GoT ep 2 on my iOS device the day it came out. The app started freezing but that issue was resolved, eventually. But now I cannot get past Asher getting stabbed and he is keep on dying. There is literally no choice given to me to stab the soldier. Please help me.

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

My apologies, in that particular Quick-Time Event, there should be an icon in the middle of the screen, and two icons on either side of the screen (Left and Right). The two icons on the side will start moving towards each other, and you must time the tap to the moment all three of the icons meet in the middle to form a complete icon. If you time the tap just at the right moment, you should be able to complete that particular Quick-Time Event successfully.

• I have tried and tried but all the soldier says is 'F you Asher' and then that's it. Please fix. I only see a circle. That's it. And when I try and press it, it's too late. Please help.

Can you please clarify if you have updated the game application to the latest version? Version 1.3 of the iOS app should resolve most performance issues in the game. Please also make sure that you have closed any and all applications open and running in the background before attempting to play the game again.

SikeeSikh posted: »

I have tried and tried but all the soldier says is 'F you Asher' and then that's it. Please fix. I only see a circle. That's it. And when I try and press it, it's too late. Please help.

• Ah, it worked. I feel so bad now. Thank your for the help :)

Can you please clarify if you have updated the game application to the latest version? Version 1.3 of the iOS app should resolve most perfor

You're welcome, enjoy the game!

SikeeSikh posted: »

Ah, it worked. I feel so bad now. Thank your for the help

• Didn't work for me! What next?

• I am having the same issue on my IPad and no matter what I always die with an F you Asher

If you have updated the game application to Version 1.3, please make sure you have made sure to close any and all applications that are open and running in the background to ensure that all the device's processing power is going towards the game. (To close an app running in the background on iOS 6 and before: double tap the home button to make all running apps appear at the bottom of the screen, hold down on an app you wish to close and red buttons will appear, tap the red buttons to close the apps. If on iOS 7/8, double tap the home button and swipe up on the open apps to close them)

If you have already done this, please make sure that at that particular Quick-Time Event, you are NOT tapping right when the icon pops up on screen, and are waiting until the two icons on either side of the screen have merged/met in the middle. You will need to tap right as they have merged in order to complete that particular Quick-Time event.

If you are still experiencing an issue completing the Quick-Time Event, can you please clarify which iOS device you are currently using, what model it is, and which iOS version number you currently have it updated to?

• Have tried all this and even my wife has tried tapping it also and it still doesn't work !!!! Just fix it or refund it

If you have updated the game application to Version 1.3, please make sure you have made sure to close any and all applications that are open

• Same issue. iPhone 5, tried closing all apps and clicking at all possible times. Please fix or refund.

If you have updated the game application to Version 1.3, please make sure you have made sure to close any and all applications that are open

If you are still experiencing the issue, can you please clarify if you have updated it to version 1.3, and that you have tried waiting until the circle icons have merged together to tap on it? Also, could please clarify which model iPad you are currently using to play the game, and what iOS version it is currently updated to?

Have tried all this and even my wife has tried tapping it also and it still doesn't work !!!! Just fix it or refund it

My apologies, the latest version (Version 1.3) should resolve the performance issues with the game. After you have updated the app, and rewound the game, and replayed to that scene, are you able to see the two circle icons merging together, or are you unable to see this particular Quick-Time Event take place?

Dselevan posted: »

Same issue. iPhone 5, tried closing all apps and clicking at all possible times. Please fix or refund.

• I can see the 2 circles, but not matter when I tap, I get killed.

My apologies, the latest version (Version 1.3) should resolve the performance issues with the game. After you have updated the app, and rewo

• I am having this issue on PS3. What should I do?

• I was having the same problem. The two circles aren't enough. You have to wait one second more until the solid dot appears in the middle. I know your instinct is to tap as soon as you see the circles, but make yourself hesitate. Timing is everything.

• I have updated my iPad and have closed all apps in background and I'm still having the same issue...

Can you please clarify if you have updated the game application to the latest version? Version 1.3 of the iOS app should resolve most perfor

Can you please clarify which model iPad you are currently using, and what iOS version you are currently running on the device? Also, after you closed all apps running in the background, did you make sure to turn off your device for 5-10 minutes in order to allow it's cache to clear, then try starting the game again to see if you are then able to successfully progress?

Bass Outlaw posted: »

I have updated my iPad and have closed all apps in background and I'm still having the same issue...

• All good now.. Shut the I pad down for a while.. Prior to that closed all apps.. Then I finally saw the smaller circle in the middle during the fight scene..

Thanks allot.. Much appreciated.. I love this game.. And the unique aspect of telltale games in general..

Kudos!!!

My apologies, in that particular Quick-Time Event, there should be an icon in the middle of the screen, and two icons on either side of the

• This was my issue for over a week.. And boy was. Frustrated.. I was rushing over stimulated ect....

Last night I forced my self to wait and see if the circle appeared in the middle.. And boom.... I was on to the next part of the story..

Kelleygrrrl posted: »

I was having the same problem. The two circles aren't enough. You have to wait one second more until the solid dot appears in the middle. I know your instinct is to tap as soon as you see the circles, but make yourself hesitate. Timing is everything.

Thank you for providing the extra information on how you were able to resolve the issue. I hope you are now able to enjoy the game!

Bass Outlaw posted: »

All good now.. Shut the I pad down for a while.. Prior to that closed all apps.. Then I finally saw the smaller circle in the middle during

• I have the same problem. I've got stuck in it. I've read the whole discussion and did everything that was said here. But doesn't matter when I tap he gets stabbed anyway. I can see 3 circles and tap at the right moment. I play it in Motorola mobile Moto G! Please help me.

edited April 2015

Please try restarting the scene, and wait/do not tap on the screen during the QTE and allow Asher to be stabbed once in order to see the timing of how long the window is in order to tap. Then restart the scene, and try timing the tap to right before the end of the QTE, and you should be able to successfully complete it, and move on.

BrunaBR posted: »

I have the same problem. I've got stuck in it. I've read the whole discussion and did everything that was said here. But doesn't matter when

• Now the Q Button is Simply not working. IT reached Green all of the way and he just died anyway. Come ON! Why do you not Beta Test this before release? How could ANYONE think that this type of user interface face during battle scenes is instinctual in anyway? Everywhere I look on the internet people are having problems with the Q button and waiting for Dots etc.

• I made it. Thank you. I wasnt tapping at the right moment. I didn't understand how it works, you said I should wait to see it, don't tap and restart the scene. Only by doing it I could see the right moment.

Please try restarting the scene, and wait/do not tap on the screen during the QTE and allow Asher to be stabbed once in order to see the tim

BrunaBR posted: »

I made it. Thank you. I wasnt tapping at the right moment. I didn't understand how it works, you said I should wait to see it, don't tap and restart the scene. Only by doing it I could see the right moment.

If you are still experiencing issues completing that particular Quick-Time Event, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply here with the download link copied and pasted into a reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/87544/got-support-tool

After receiving the information from your support tool, I will be able to assist you further.

Now the Q Button is Simply not working. IT reached Green all of the way and he just died anyway. Come ON! Why do you not Beta Test this b

• i am experiencing this with a galaxy tab s. I don't seem to be able to stab the guy - the circle appears and disappears immediately. I have updated all software, turned off the app and on again, restarted episode 2 again from scratch - it appears to be impossible. Can you help?any patches available for android?

Thanks

Can you please clarify if you have updated the game app to the latest version? (Version 1.46?) This update should resolve most performance issues within the game. After updating the app, please make sure to turn your device Off, and back On again before attempting to play the game.

Superlil posted: »

i am experiencing this with a galaxy tab s. I don't seem to be able to stab the guy - the circle appears and disappears immediately. I have

• Thank you. I tried this several times and eventually it worked!

Superlil posted: »

Thank you. I tried this several times and eventually it worked!

This discussion has been closed.