Jurassic Park The Game

I recently got Jurassic Park The Game and i installed onto my Macbook Pro. There's a problem, when i click on the game it will not launch. Can someone help me with issue? Thank you!

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. Here are a few possible solutions:

1) Restart your computer

2) Play the game with your computer disconnected from the internet

3) If your Mac has multiple graphics cards, go to your system preference and click on ‘energy saver’. Uncheck ‘Automatic Graphics Switching’ and this will make sure your Mac is using your more powerful graphics card.

4) Verify your cache if you purchased through Steam (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335)

5) Try playing the game with no other programs running in the background

6) Reinstall the game

If reinstalling the game doesn’t resolve the issue, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply here with the download link copied and pasted into a reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/44150/twd-support-tool-for-information-gathering

After receiving the information from your support tool, I will be able to assist you further.

(Please note that this is the Walking Dead support tool, but this will gather the proper information for me to assist you further.)

• I apologize for the inconvenience. Here are a few possible solutions: 1) Restart your computer 2) Play the game with your computer di

My apologies, unfortunately it appears that you only uploaded the s1_data.txt file. If you can, could you please upload the entire .zip file that includes the System_Information file for your computer? I will then be able to look up your computer's specifications, and be able to assist you further.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/irosd2

• Sorry about that. Here's the system information file. https://www.sendspace.com/file/mo82r3

My apologies, unfortunately it appears that you only uploaded the s1_data.txt file. If you can, could you please upload the entire .zip file

After looking over your Support Tool information, you should be able to run the game successfully. If you are still unable to play, can you please clarify if you have tried uninstalling the game from your file directory, and also deleting the game's file directory from

~/Library/Application Support/ Telltale Games/Jurrasic Park The Game/

Then re-install the game, and see if you are able to run the game successfully. (Your Library folder is sometimes hidden, to make it visible, please open a Finder window, and at the top of the screen, click Go and hold down the Option key. The Library will now become available in the drop down menu. Click that and follow the above file path, and make sure you have deleted the Jurassic Park folder from the above file path.)

Sorry about that. Here's the system information file. https://www.sendspace.com/file/mo82r3

• I deleted it twice and reinstalled it and nothing. It shows up on the dock but it still will not launch.

After looking over your Support Tool information, you should be able to run the game successfully. If you are still unable to play, can you

My apologies, you may need to disable Gatekeeper. To do this, click the Apple logo on the top toolbar and select System Preferences. Now select Security. If the padlock in the bottom left corner of this screen is not open, click on it. You will now see 3 options for downloaded applications, they are: Mac Store, Mac Store and Identified Developers, and Anywhere. Please select Anywhere and then confirm your selection. Once this is done, please re-attempt to download the game from our website. Then try launching the game again, and you should be able to play successfully.

I deleted it twice and reinstalled it and nothing. It shows up on the dock but it still will not launch.

• I selected Anywhere and re-downloaded and it still will not launch sadly.

My apologies, you may need to disable Gatekeeper. To do this, click the Apple logo on the top toolbar and select System Preferences. Now se

Do you receive an error message when the game does not launch? Do you see a window for a brief second, then it disappears? If you see a blank/black screen when launching the game, please try the workaround suggested by another player using Mac, below:

1) In System Preferences, select Displays, then select Scaled - More Space to change the screen resolution to very detailed.

2) In System Preferences, select Dock, then deselect 'Automatically hide and show the dock', to be able to click on the bottom of the screen.

3) Start up the game and run it in windowed mode using the Mac shortcut (Command + F).

4) You should now be able to see the main menu now and change the screen resolution to one that fits the window.

I selected Anywhere and re-downloaded and it still will not launch sadly.

• edited March 2015

Nothing happens when i click on it. The indicator light stays on. No windows pop up or error messages. Could it be the software of my computer?

Do you receive an error message when the game does not launch? Do you see a window for a brief second, then it disappears? If you see a blan

Unfortunately if none of my above suggestions were able to allow you to play, I am out of potential solutions to resolve your issue. Please contact/email our Support Staff at Support@Telltalegames.com for further assistance with your issue, and they should be able to assist you with your issue.

Nothing happens when i click on it. The indicator light stays on. No windows pop up or error messages. Could it be the software of my computer?

• Thank you for your time and help. I appreciated it.

Unfortunately if none of my above suggestions were able to allow you to play, I am out of potential solutions to resolve your issue. Please

My apologies, can you please clarify which version of the game you are playing? The Steam version, the Telltale Games version, or a disc version of the game?

Thank you for your time and help. I appreciated it.

This discussion has been closed.