Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• Max X Kate wont happen the others though................

Mat_Den96 posted: »

Max X Chloe Max X Warren Chloe X Rachel Max X Kate what more????

• edited March 2015

Well in the end it will be YOUR choice if she friendsones him......or they become closer. Desicions decisions.

MichaelBP posted: »

Not really surprised about Chloe being a possible love interest. I was starting to think that Warren wasn't going to be an option, since Max seems to friend zone him into oblivion.

• ButterfIyButterfIy Banned
    edited March 2015

2nd episode was much better than the first.

Alt text

Alt text

• edited March 2015

If anyone is wondering what's the ending song is; here it is:

• This is hilarious

Alt text

• I was shittin kittens too

• "Shittin kittens"

Gotta remember that one.

• Well that's more your fault then really. :P I noticed she was the central character of the episode. And I was being EXTREMELY cautious during that suicide scene on what I said, I could tell it was one of those moments when hitting the wrong dialogue choice would be really horrid.

DoubleJump posted: »

I believe I picked all the right dialogue choices until the family stuff and made all the right choices to not screw her over. I recall that

• But everything was looking good for me. She was smiling and telling me how great a friend I was. It looked like she was ready to back away from the ledge and then the game was like "Nope! We're restarting this scenario.". I know I said all the right things. Then the game expects me to remember a piece of her background which wasn't really established well at all imo. Then it asks me to start quoting stuff from the bible and it just got really bad.

CathalOHara posted: »

Well that's more your fault then really. :P I noticed she was the central character of the episode. And I was being EXTREMELY cautious durin

• But the thing is, that was pretty realistic. People contemplating suicide can just zap like that. It felt rewarding to save her because I PAID ATTENTION. l was worried and wanted to examine everything going on. Suicide is something that is very dangerous to even attempt in video game storytelling, blame the game all you want but the fact of the matter is it was actually the challenge to have paid attention to everything. Heck that's what traditional adventure games were all about as a matter of fact.

But everything was looking good for me. She was smiling and telling me how great a friend I was. It looked like she was ready to back away f

• ok then, the whole thing just seemed weird to me.

CathalOHara posted: »

But the thing is, that was pretty realistic. People contemplating suicide can just zap like that. It felt rewarding to save her because I PA

• Well, the game does have Strange in the title. ;)

ok then, the whole thing just seemed weird to me.

• I MADE THE ULTIMATE POLL

TEAM BELGIAN WAFFLE OR TEAM BACON OMELETTE?

http://strawpoll.me/3959054

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Ok so I haven't finished the episode yet, does anyone know what's up with my game, whenever someone (or an object) enters the sunlight they look like this:

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

• edited March 2015

Damn lol! Have you tried the classic turn off and turn back on solution?

dojo32161 posted: »

Ok so I haven't finished the episode yet, does anyone know what's up with my game, whenever someone (or an object) enters the sunlight they look like this:

I'm about to try it.

Nope didn't work, everyone's still a pixelated mess in the sun. I'll try changing my settings, see if that helps.

Alright turning my resolution down worked.

Nope didn't work, everyone's still a pixelated mess in the sun. I'll try changing my settings, see if that helps.

• Yeah, in the end it is our decision, but for now, Max seems to consider Warren a "super geeky brother" and she hopes he won't make a move on her or she doesn't want to lead him on. And in episode 1, it seems like she ships him with Brooke.

Then again, right now there also isn't much to suggest that Max is romantically interested in Chloe. Only some things Chloe says, like "You could make a move on me, and I would never know" and "Max, the boss with the gun, marry me".

Lord_EAA posted: »

Well in the end it will be YOUR choice if she friendsones him......or they become closer. Desicions decisions.

• Alt text

• Damn, that's scary. :D

• YES! Waffle is winning!

#TeamSarah posted: »

I MADE THE ULTIMATE POLL TEAM BELGIAN WAFFLE OR TEAM BACON OMELETTE? http://strawpoll.me/3959054

• And with the loaded gun in my mouth, I realized the last words I would ever hear were...
    "I know there's a bonfire spot where people party around here."

Seriously, fuck these bottles.

Still not finished with the episode.

• What are your thoughts on the episode, from what you've played?

And with the loaded gun in my mouth, I realized the last words I would ever hear were... "I know there's a bonfire spot where people party around here." Seriously, fuck these bottles. Still not finished with the episode.

• The intro song. My new alarm music! haha

• Great so far.

MichaelBP posted: »

What are your thoughts on the episode, from what you've played?

• From what I saw of the leaked, the lighting looked really unfinished, which isn't really surprising.

Also, reflections didn't seem to be working properly, based on the videos I saw.

Kate's room in the leaked version is A LOT darker, than the final.

• I'd rate it above episode 1,and I really the first episode.

I actually got stuck looking for the damn bonfire as well. I kept searching everywhere for it.

Great so far.

• l saved her on my first try but I didn't get anything over the bible verse. I did everything nice whenever I could though.

• I am uh...Wow...I did not expect that...Wow...wow...

• That Kate scene really got me...Suicide is a really touchy subject for me and it's really hard to talk about honestly. When Zachary ran into the class and said something was going down I started to tear up because I knew what was happening. I was expecting to just walk into Kate's room and see her handing from the ceiling or dead on the floor from cuts. I saw her on the roof and she jumped and...I just needed to stop that. I saved her life...First try...I've actually talked people out of suicide before I knew what to say...It was a very hard scene to say the least.

• edited March 2015

A much stronger episode than the first, for sure. I also liked how Max's power seems to be having an effect on the wider state of things (possibly the eclipse, and the snowfall the day before),as if using her power is messing up possibilities around the world.

I saved Kate on the first go, too. When you enter her room, there's pretty much all the signs of suicidal ideation going on, and then you learn what happened to her. I'm really looking forward to episode three, now, even though the first had a lot of problems.

I was also surprised that Max had a shower scene with no (what might be called) fan service at all. Seems the game designers are well focused on the story after all.

• I knew something was up...

The thing I was hoping for when I heard there was a shower scene was no fan service. I'm glad there wasn't.

Katalept posted: »

A much stronger episode than the first, for sure. I also liked how Max's power seems to be having an effect on the wider state of things (po

• Well, it really makes me wonder; when Max rewinds something, does the event she's backing up not happen at all (nullified) or does it somehow occur without her in it, which is what might be reflecting back into her own timeline and screwing things up?

I also wonder if Max was simply given the power to use at a specific time, and how or why she can remember all the times she's rewinded so far.

By the way, I recommend looking up a physicist named Sean Carroll, as he has some very interesting things to say about the 'arrow of time' and how all that seems to work - if you're interested.

I knew something was up... The thing I was hoping for when I heard there was a shower scene was no fan service. I'm glad there wasn't.

• I wondered that too to be honest. The whole parallel universe and chaos theory and all that shit. Crazy stuff and we don't know how it's effecting things.

I might later, that ending just really drained me.

Katalept posted: »

Well, it really makes me wonder; when Max rewinds something, does the event she's backing up not happen at all (nullified) or does it someho

• 9 or a 9.5 for me as well. Loved the episode.

#TeamSarah posted: »

What would you rate episode 2? I'd probably give it a solid 9.

Alt text

Alt text

Now that was a good episode, definitely an improvement, especially in the dialog department.

Since no one answered you and I don't know if you played yet, definitely better.

So how is it without spoiling me? Better than episode 1 in your opinion?

• The ratio of who saved Kate on the 360 is brutal. It was 53% success on my second playtrough. Just horrifying to think of how many couldn't save her :(
    This game is brutal on the feels.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.