Blank TellTale screen says "Loading..."

Upon opening the game I get the Telltale menu which is black and continually says 'Loading" in the top left. Initially I was asked for my username and password but it looked like it froze. Since then this Blank screen shows up when I load every episode of the game and it never moves past

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify what game you are currently playing? (PC or Mac?) Can you also please clarify if you are playing the Telltale Games version, or the Steam version? After we receive this information, we will be able to assist you further.

• Yes. Mac Version and the TellTale Games version

I apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify what game you are currently playing? (PC or Mac?) Can you also please clarify if y

Can you please clarify what game you are currently playing? The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales From The Borderlands, or one of our older games?

shaggylom posted: »

Yes. Mac Version and the TellTale Games version

• My game is doing the same thing. Mine is Back to the Future on Mac OS X Yosemite. It never had this problem before, but now it is stuck on a blank screen that say's loading on the top left corner and won't do anything. I tried uninstalling it and even going into the Telltale folder and deleting the Back to the Future Files then reinstalling it again. I must be missing a hidden file, because I should get the login page on BTTF, but it's just the blank screen with loading and won't go past it

edited April 2015

My apologies, if you are attempting to start a copy of Back To The Future installed on your computer that is more than a year old, we recently updated the game so that they no longer need the use of a log in window. If you are still seeing the log in window, you still have the older version of the game. Please first make sure that you have uninstalled the older version of the game, and have deleted the Shortcut Icon that was created on your desktop. Then please go to your My Games page by clicking My Account at the top of the webpage, then clicking My Games from the drop down menu. Once there, click the Back To The Future icon, then download the new installer of the game from the game's page. After you have downloaded and installed the newest version, you should no longer see this blank loading screen. (When you install the newer version of the game, make sure to check the box that you want to keep your save files during the installation process)

• It does not give an option to keep save files. When it downloads you just drag it to the application folder then double click to open. I don't know if the recent apple security update is what may be causing the problem Security Update 2015-002 or The Remote desktop client update version 3.8.2 v1.1. I am about to format and reinstall Yosemite, but not install those updates and see what happens. The game worked up until today, but I have not played it in a few weeks. Bothe TWD season 1 and 2 work fine.

My apologies, if you are attempting to start a copy of Back To The Future installed on your computer that is more than a year old, we recent

• just tested the theory and it still won't work. Also it's not giving me an option for a new version of Back to the Future. It still requires username and password, but once I enter it the screen goes blank and nothing will populate. I close and reopen and then it say's loading in the upper left corner, but never loads. I tried downgrading to Mavericks, but it still does the same thing. I'm at a loss.My games does not show a newer version. It still requires login and password. HELP PLEASE. I love this game and have played it at least 3 or 4 time since I bought it.

• Is there any info on why after playing episode 3 the game wont load? It just goes to a black screen. I'm in st louis mo and download season three the day is was available for download. IO finished the episode last night and when i tried to play it again today it just goes to a black screen. can anyone give me a reason for this and when it will be fixed??

edited April 2015

My apologies, can you please clarify if you made sure to uninstall the older version of the game before attempting to install the newer version, as well as deleted any shortcut icons that were associated with the older install of the game? If not, you may still be seeing the log in window when starting the game because the older data is still present on your computer.

bobo4571 posted: »

just tested the theory and it still won't work. Also it's not giving me an option for a new version of Back to the Future. It still requires

• Mine is back to the future. I just downloaded them again from your site a few weeks back. It came up with a Login screen once which i filled in and then it's been on the loading screen ever sense for all the games. not sure if there is away to completely uninstall and remove all old game data or not

Can you please clarify what game you are currently playing? The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales From The Borderlands, or one of our older games?

• Could it be that this is a general problem? I didn't either update to Yosemite nor did I change anything since playing it yesterday, but apparently, all Back to the Future episodes now do now work anymore.

edited April 2015

Did you make sure to uninstall and reinstall each episode individually? Each episode has their own installer/setup file that will need to be updated to the newer version. If you are still seeing the blank loading screen, please also make sure you are not still using the old .exe to start the game, or the old Shortcut Icon on your desktop that is currently pointing to the old version of the game.

After you have downloaded and installed the new version of the game, the correct file to start the game will be in the following location for PC:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Telltale Games\Back to the Future The Game\

and the proper launcher will be called 'Episode 1' (Make sure to select the file with the timestamp of the day you installed the game again, and not the timestamp of the older .exe)

If you are currently playing on Mac, we believe to have a resolution for the issue, and I hope to have an update soon.

UPDATE: We believe to have resolved the issue for both PC and Mac, and you should now be able to start the game, log in, and play successfully!

• In my case, it currently works.. Thanks...

You're welcome, enjoy the game!

rthone posted: »

In my case, it currently works.. Thanks...

• Hi there in my case in the mac version I now get the picture of Marty and Delorean but theres no text anywhere on the screen and I can't click anything. I downloaded all episodes only a week or so ago

Did you make sure to uninstall and reinstall each episode individually? Each episode has their own installer/setup file that will need to be

Please try switching the game from Windowed Mode to Full Screen Mode using the Mac Shortcut (Command+F), and see if you are able to properly see the game's menu. If you are still experiencing issues, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply here with the download link copied and pasted into a reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/44150/twd-support-tool-for-information-gathering

After receiving the information from your support tool, I will be able to assist you further.

(Please note that this is the Walking Dead support tool, but this will gather the proper information for me to assist you further.)

Hi there in my case in the mac version I now get the picture of Marty and Delorean but theres no text anywhere on the screen and I can't click anything. I downloaded all episodes only a week or so ago

• https://www.sendspace.com/file/iw6u6u

Here you go. the Full Screen Mode trick doesn't work

Please try switching the game from Windowed Mode to Full Screen Mode using the Mac Shortcut (Command+F), and see if you are able to properly

My apologies, please try the workaround suggested by another player using Mac OS 10 Yosemite, below:

1) In System Preferences, select Displays, then select Scaled - More Space to change the screen resolution to very detailed.

2) In System Preferences, select Dock, then deselect 'Automatically hide and show the dock', to be able to click on the bottom of the screen.

3) Start up the game and run it in windowed mode using the Mac shortcut (Command + F).

4) You should now be able to see the main menu now and change the screen resolution to one that fits the window.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/iw6u6u Here you go. the Full Screen Mode trick doesn't work

• Tried all those settings. although theres no option for 'more space' when using the Thunderbolt Display. I've attached a link to show what the menu looks like via my thunderbolt or just the mac screen (using the work arounds) https://www.sendspace.com/file/jwqrr2

My apologies, please try the workaround suggested by another player using Mac OS 10 Yosemite, below: 1) In System Preferences, select Dis

edited April 2015

My apologies, please try the following suggestions to allow you to see the game's menu:

1) Clear the game's preferences by going into the ~Library directory, then open the 'Preferences' folder, then delete any files in there that start with 'com.telltale', then restart the game.

2) Try opening the game when you reach the blank page, press (Command+Shift+ -), then re-log in and see if you can see the game's menu.

3) Go to the following file directory, and delete the 'Back To The Future' folder:
    ~Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/ then restart the game.

(Your Library folder is sometimes hidden, to make it visible, please open a Finder window, and at the top of the screen, click Go and hold down the Option key. The Library will now become available in the drop down menu. Click that and follow the above file path, and delete the folder specified above.)

Tried all those settings. although theres no option for 'more space' when using the Thunderbolt Display. I've attached a link to show what

• that has fixed the blank screen problem however now it' saying the game is locked and I must be online to unlock... however I am online

My apologies, please try the following suggestions to allow you to see the game's menu: 1) Clear the game's preferences by going into the

You can also try clearing the game/episodes from your Applications folder, then placing the entire .zip of Episode 1 (setup) into the Applications folder, along with Episodes 2-5, then try starting Episode 1 again, and make sure to log out by using the shortcut above, then log back in, and you should be able to play the game successfully.

that has fixed the blank screen problem however now it' saying the game is locked and I must be online to unlock... however I am online

• Nope game is telling me i'm offline and gives me a request code for an unlock code

You can also try clearing the game/episodes from your Applications folder, then placing the entire .zip of Episode 1 (setup) into the Applic

• additionally I've now received an unlock code and the click the unlock button and nothing happens.

Nope game is telling me i'm offline and gives me a request code for an unlock code

Are you currently connected to the internet through a wired connection, or through a wireless network connection? If you were connected wirelessly, I recommend try either connecting through a wired connection, or try resetting your wireless network access point, then start the game again, and try using the unlock code, and the game should then be able to connect with our servers and the game should unlock successfully.

additionally I've now received an unlock code and the click the unlock button and nothing happens.

• No difference tried wired and wireless solutions. I can run the PC version on my PC Virtual machine but the quality (as expected) is quite bad. the unlock code button doesn't do anything just sits there no notifications etc. Is there anyway to get this working through steam?

Are you currently connected to the internet through a wired connection, or through a wireless network connection? If you were connected wire

• Managed to get it working by conecting to a VPN. however now when i Quit the game it get a mac Crash dump and the game doesn't save

No difference tried wired and wireless solutions. I can run the PC version on my PC Virtual machine but the quality (as expected) is quite b

The crash dump and game not saving may be caused by running the game through a VPN. We do not officially support that method of playing the game, as issues such as these may arise. If you were able to get it running through a VPN but not your normal network connection, please make sure that you have disabled any anti-virus or internet firewall programs open and running at the time of starting the game, to ensure there is nothing blocking the game from connecting successfully.

Managed to get it working by conecting to a VPN. however now when i Quit the game it get a mac Crash dump and the game doesn't save

• I am having the same problem with Back to the Future, started with chapter 3 but all chapters appear to be doing it now. I have tried uninstalling the game, deleting preferences, and application support files and deleting log-in information via command+shift+-, still no luck. Please help!

If you are still experiencing the issue, please try downloading a new installer for the game from your My Games page on this website, then uninstall the game on your computer, and re-install it using the newly downloaded installer. Then retry starting the game, and you should be able to start the episode successfully.

I am having the same problem with Back to the Future, started with chapter 3 but all chapters appear to be doing it now. I have tried uninst

• I have tried this twice to no avail. Should I be seeing this splash screen at all with the new installer? I tried running the game offline but it asked me to end you guys a code.

If you are still experiencing the issue, please try downloading a new installer for the game from your My Games page on this website, then u

My apologies, this may be an issue with your registry. Please open a command window. (Below are instructions on how to open a command window)

Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows Vista / 7: Press the Windows key. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows 8: At the start screen, type in "cmd" and press enter

Then copy the command line below and paste it into the command window, press enter, and confirm the question (to confirm the question, type “y” and press enter):

REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\Launcher”

(Please make sure when you copy the above text that you do not copy a space before or after the text, as that will produce an error message. If you still receive an error after inputting the command line, please try typing in the command line one letter/symbol at a time into the Command prompt)

Please then try launching Back To The Future again.

I have tried this twice to no avail. Should I be seeing this splash screen at all with the new installer? I tried running the game offline but it asked me to end you guys a code.

• I am on a Mac, running the most recent version of Yosemite, what would the analogous solution be on my OS? Thanks!

My apologies, this may be an issue with your registry. Please open a command window. (Below are instructions on how to open a command window

My apologies, if you are on a Mac, we believe to have updated our servers, and you should no longer experience this issue. Please start the game while connected to the internet, and the issue should be resolved.

I am on a Mac, running the most recent version of Yosemite, what would the analogous solution be on my OS? Thanks!

• I am having this issue on my PS3. This is after getting episode four.

If you are experiencing any issues with Back To the Future showing a black screen when starting Episode 4, please make sure that you are connected to the internet when starting the game to ensure you receive any of the updates necessary for Episode 4 to function properly. Then start the game again, and you should be able to start the episode successfully.

I am having this issue on my PS3. This is after getting episode four.

• Hi Mike it's actually for game of thrones. I am getting a blank screen after installing the update. I've tried being connected and not being connected. It stays blank and freezes my computer

If you are experiencing any issues with Back To the Future showing a black screen when starting Episode 4, please make sure that you are con

We are still currently looking into the issue, and hope to have more information in the near future. Please make sure to keep an eye out on This Thread, as I will update it when I have any new information or updates to provide.

Hi Mike it's actually for game of thrones. I am getting a blank screen after installing the update. I've tried being connected and not being connected. It stays blank and freezes my computer

• Ok thanks for letting my know. I will do that.

We are still currently looking into the issue, and hope to have more information in the near future. Please make sure to keep an eye out on This Thread, as I will update it when I have any new information or updates to provide.

This discussion has been closed.