Hector Ep1 on Mac won't start

Hi I installed hector episode 1 on my macbook air. When I start it I get a screen that has the title 'back to the future: the game' (what the hell, did you really copy paste bttf game when programming hector and forgot to change the window title?) It says loading, but it doesn't do anythin. I just see this reddish background, and a white text on the top 'loading'. What can I do to make this game work? Thanks!

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. I noticed you also own the Back To The Future game on your Telltale account. Can you please clarify if you may have selected the Back To The Future installer instead? Also, do you currently have Back To The Future installed on your computer, or still have save files from that game on your computer?

• No I have played BTTF a long time ago on my old windows PC, there is nothing from BTTF on my macbook air, only game of thrones. I'm 100% sure I have hector, I just downloaded it and installed it, and is has the icon from hector. I also tried starting it directly from the .dmg (without dragging it to applications to copy it) but I get the same results.

I apologize for the inconvenience. I noticed you also own the Back To The Future game on your Telltale account. Can you please clarify if yo

My apologies, we just tested this on our end, and the Hector_101_setup.dmg file downloaded from our website was able to install Hector Episode 1 successfully. I recommend deleting the setup file you downloaded from your computer, then try downloading the setup file from our website again, and try running it one more time. You should then be able to install Hector Episode 1.

If you still experience the same issue, could you please take a screenshot of what you are seeing when you experience the issue, then upload it to a file hosting website, and copy and paste the download link to the file in a reply to this thread? We would then be able to assist you further.

BramV posted: »

No I have played BTTF a long time ago on my old windows PC, there is nothing from BTTF on my macbook air, only game of thrones. I'm 100% sur

• edited April 2015

I just tried starting again today (not a new install) and it does work now! However, the title of the windows still says back to the future (see screenshot) also the windows doesn't really respond well, sometimes it won't come to foreground when I select it, and I can also not minimize it (nothing happens when I click the minimize button...!
    http://postimg.org/image/wudicwekz/
    so kinda sloppy stuff, hopefully the content of the game is better than the outside :)

My apologies, we just tested this on our end, and the Hector_101_setup.dmg file downloaded from our website was able to install Hector Episo

• also when I log in, the login stuff remains on screen so things get messy
    Alt text

I just tried starting again today (not a new install) and it does work now! However, the title of the windows still says back to the future

Thank you for providing the extra information, and the screenshot. I'm glad to hear that it now works for you! If you are still experiencing any issues with the performance/features of the game not working correctly, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply here with the download link copied and pasted into a reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/44150/twd-support-tool-for-information-gathering

After receiving the information from your support tool, I will be able to assist you further. (Please note that this is the Walking Dead support tool, but this will gather the proper information for me to assist you further.)

also when I log in, the login stuff remains on screen so things get messy

This discussion has been closed.