Walking Dead black screen on Mac

I just purchased The Walking Dead on Steam but every time i open it I just get a black screen I can hear the sounds of crickets and stuff from the opening menu but can see nothing. I have tried restarting several times but get the same problem every time. I have a new Mac book Pro and never had any problems with any other games before.

Any help fixing this would be great.

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please try starting the game again, and when you see the blank/black screen, please try switching the game to Windowed Mode using the shortcut (Command+F for Mac) and see if you are then able to see the game correctly. If so, please then try changing the game's resolution and/or graphics settings to a lower setting, and click Apply. Then try switching back to Full Screen Mode by using the same shortcut, and your issue should then be resolved.

• Taking it out of full screen works but changing the resolution or any of the other graphic settings doesn't help in full screen. But at least I know how to take it out of full screen and can actually play the game now so that is something.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please try starting the game again, and when you see the blank/black screen, please try switching the gam

If you are still unable to play in Full Screen Mode and would like further assistance in finding a solution, could you please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply here with the download link copied and pasted into a reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/44150/twd-support-tool-for-information-gathering

After receiving the information from your support tool, I will be able to assist you further.

El_Spettro posted: »

Taking it out of full screen works but changing the resolution or any of the other graphic settings doesn't help in full screen. But at least I know how to take it out of full screen and can actually play the game now so that is something.

• I also have this issue. Please see the file created by the support tool: Support Tool Files

My apologies, please try the workaround suggested by another player using Mac OS 10 Yosemite, below:

1) In System Preferences, select Displays, then select Scaled - More Space to change the screen resolution to very detailed.

2) In System Preferences, select Dock, then deselect 'Automatically hide and show the dock', to be able to click on the bottom of the screen.

3) Start up the game and run it in windowed mode using the Mac shortcut (Command + F).

4) You should now be able to see the main menu now and change the screen resolution to one that fits the window.

hifire posted: »

I also have this issue. Please see the file created by the support tool: Support Tool Files

• Thanks Mike,

Your steps work great for playing the game in windowed mode. I'd like to play the game in fullscreen, any suggestions to accomplish that?

My apologies, please try the workaround suggested by another player using Mac OS 10 Yosemite, below: 1) In System Preferences, select Dis

If you would like to play in Full Screen Mode, I recommend trying different combinations of the game's resolution and graphics settings, and you should be able to find a setting that works. Unfortunately at this time we do not have exact steps to get it to display in Full Screen Mode.

hifire posted: »

Thanks Mike, Your steps work great for playing the game in windowed mode. I'd like to play the game in fullscreen, any suggestions to accomplish that?

This discussion has been closed.