Where are my decisions from Season 1 and 400 Days?

1235»

Comments

• Thanks^^ I didn't need to reinstall steam, a was just not going far enough^^

Sorry for the disturbance.

• Hi,

I'm having trouble getting my season 1 save files to import to season 2? I tried a few things but didn´t work.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/8lrpn4

• edited January 2015

I also have the issue of not syncing save files of S01. I backed up the files of S01 because i did a few PC upgrades, after that i installed S01 & S02 and then put the S01 save files in to The Walking Dead folder in documents.

EDIT, fixed. I did not put the right prefs.prop file in the folder. Did it now and it works like a charm.

The report:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/9vl4qd

• I suppose I may be late to the party but hopefully someone is still checking these.
    Finally picked up S2, and as people have mentioned no S1 saves to be found. I see the save files in my:
    C:\Users\Jason\Documents\telltale games\The Walking Dead folder, but when when I load Season 1 I can't see them anymore. I tried the rename of the prop file to .bak and it auto-generated a new one. Still no luck.
    I tried deleting, reinstalling, restoring saves off a backup I had from 2014. Nothing is working.

I have run the tool. The link is here: https://www.sendspace.com/file/e8mdl5
    Hopefully someone can help, otherwise I have to replay S1 again it seems.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I sincerely apologize for the delayed response, unfortunately your support tool file link is no longer active. If you are still experiencing the issue, could you please possibly re-upload it so that I can look over your support tool, and be able to assist you further?

marcelocn86 posted: »

Hi, I'm having trouble getting my season 1 save files to import to season 2? I tried a few things but didn´t work. https://www.sendspace.com/file/8lrpn4

Thank you for providing the extra information on how you were able to resolve your issue. I hope you are now able to enjoy the game!

Elegy posted: »

I also have the issue of not syncing save files of S01. I backed up the files of S01 because i did a few PC upgrades, after that i installed

I apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately it seems as though your save files are located in your C:/ drive, while the game is installed to your F:/ drive. Unfortunately the game may not be locating your save files if they are located on separate drives from each other. I recommend reinstalling the game on your C:/ drive, then start the game, and you should be able to see your save files successfully.

mrpuck posted: »

I suppose I may be late to the party but hopefully someone is still checking these. Finally picked up S2, and as people have mentioned no S

• no problem!!! i have it worked thanks.

but now i´m having another trouble. i finished the walking dead season 2, but i couldn´t see my choices in any episode, what do i have to do?

I sincerely apologize for the delayed response, unfortunately your support tool file link is no longer active. If you are still experiencing

My apologies, you may need to restart the game while connected to the internet, so that you connect your game to our servers, and receive the latest data to update your Choices page. You may need to start the game and connect a few times for the data to show up successfully.

no problem!!! i have it worked thanks. but now i´m having another trouble. i finished the walking dead season 2, but i couldn´t see my choices in any episode, what do i have to do?

• every time i played the game i was conncected!!!
    but a tried again, the game enters and i press a button, it appears connecting, than i´m in the menu. i played an episode but it didn´t save my choices

My apologies, you may need to restart the game while connected to the internet, so that you connect your game to our servers, and receive th

Can you please clarify if you start Episode 2, that your choices carry over successfully into the episode?

every time i played the game i was conncected!!! but a tried again, the game enters and i press a button, it appears connecting, than i´m in the menu. i played an episode but it didn´t save my choices

• i started, but my choices didn´t carry over!!!

Can you please clarify if you start Episode 2, that your choices carry over successfully into the episode?

• Hey TelltaleMike. I was hoping you could have a look at my support tool file here https://www.sendspace.com/file/9c0wsf and see if you can figure out why I can't get Season 2 to recognise my season one save files.
    I originally played season 1 on PC, and now I'm playing 2 on my macbook.
    I've copied the whole season 1 folder into where it was supposed to go, next to the season 2 one. I've tried lots of different thinks I've read about in the forums, such as disabling steam cloud for Walking Dead, and I have multiple times now, deleted all season 2 save files and tried to start fresh with the season 1 files already there. No luck.
    Can you spot anything that might be causing it?

My apologies, unfortunately PC save files are incompatible with the Mac version of the game. If you would like to play Season Two on Mac with Season One choices, you will need to play Season One on Mac in order for your choices to import into Season Two successfully.

slaptogs posted: »

Hey TelltaleMike. I was hoping you could have a look at my support tool file here https://www.sendspace.com/file/9c0wsf and see if you can f

• Hello,

I really wonder how it can be this difficult for a program to find saves from another program, when your company wrote both of them. Wouldn't a register key, for instance, have let you know exactly where it was saved in the first place ? Add to this the "by design" impossibility to remap keys (making it really annoying for anybody not playing on a QWERTY), and you give people the impression that you did a very sloppy job with the PC version.

So, like the many gentlefolk before me, I am unable to find my savegames from Season 1 when I load Season 2. I just finished Season 1 and 400 days, so I somehow expect to have at least one loadable savegame (though, when I left the Season 1 game, after I got the ending credits for 400 days, it told me I'd lose everything I did since last autosave - I don't know if it detected something unsaved, but I didn't know what to do to make it save, so I quit)

My Season 1 saves are in "C:\Users\Sylvain Frandaz\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead - Season 1"
    I have another directory, "C:\Users\Sylvain Frandaz\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead - Season 2", holding a few files. So, they are both side by side, but still, season 2 cannot find my saves.

Let me add that both games are GOG versions, and are installed on drive C:... Any chance you could help me ?

We have had reports from GOG players unable to import their Season One saves into Season Two. This is caused by the file directory naming, and we are currently working to update the GOG versions of the game to resolve this issue.

To have Season Two find your Season One save files, please rename the Season One folder to:

'The Walking Dead'

and the Season Two folder to:

'The Walking Dead Season Two'

Then start Season Two, select Play, then choose a blank save slot. The next screen will then automatically start to import your Season One save files.

Kzwix posted: »

Hello, I really wonder how it can be this difficult for a program to find saves from another program, when your company wrote both of the

This discussion has been closed.