unable to download episode 2-5

Yes I am still unable to download The Wolf Among Us episode 2-5 it keeps saying "coming soon, and try again later" bought this from amazon.com. I give this by end of this week if problem is not resolved I DEMAND REFUND.

Yes i did everything, delete complete files library and reinstall. delete syncfs file all that stuff.

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply here with the download link copied and pasted into a reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/51153/twau-support-tool

After receiving the information from your support tool, I will be able to assist you further.

• I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply h

• thank you telltalemike please let know when can it be resolved.

edited July 2014

After looking over your support tool information, everything with your file structure seems to be correct. Can you please clarify if you have started the game recently while connected to the internet? I also recommend disabling any anti-virus or internet firewall programs you may have open and running, to ensure the game's connection with our servers when starting the game, to find the latest update/patches for the game necessary for making Episodes 2-5 available to download.

thank you telltalemike please let know when can it be resolved.

• Yes It has connection to official website, I disabled malware , Microsoft essential and firewall to see if works, so far none did not work at all. is there an alternative way?

After looking over your support tool information, everything with your file structure seems to be correct. Can you please clarify if you hav

I apologize for the delayed response. I noticed you have a Gigabyte technology computer. There are known issues with some Gigabyte motherboards that prevented multiple games from running properly. You may need to update your BIOS which you can do at Gigabyte's website.

Also, you may need to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8328 then try starting the game again, and see if you are able to see Episodes 2-5 as available to download.

Yes It has connection to official website, I disabled malware , Microsoft essential and firewall to see if works, so far none did not work at all. is there an alternative way?

• I have an iPad 2 I downloaded the wolf among us...it will not let me download episodes 2 through 5....I am very unhappy I have been doing everything to get it working but, it just won't work.
  • Hello there,i play the wolf among us on my Ipad 4,i bought the value pack of the game,i finished the first espisode "Faith" but another espisodes aint available to download saying that "coming soon" but the game,it has all 5 episodes already.Please help,thanks.

Please close the game and all other applications running in the background. This should free up necessary system resources. (To close an app running in the background on iOS 6 and before: double tap the home button to make all running apps appear at the bottom of the screen, hold down on an app you wish to close and red buttons will appear, tap the red buttons to close the apps. If on iOS 7, double tap the home button and swipe up on the open apps to close them) Also, please turn off your iOS device for at least three minutes before attempting to play the game again. This will allow the device’s cache to clear.

Then after restarting your device, please reset the WiFi by turning the WiFi Settings Off, and back On again. Then try starting the game application again, and see if you are able to download the episodes successfully.

• I have done all of that.....at this point I just want my money back.

Please close the game and all other applications running in the background. This should free up necessary system resources. (To close an a

My apologies. If you are unable to resolve the issue by following my above steps, I am unfortunately out of potential solutions. I recommend contacting Apple Support for further assistance and/or for any refund requests.

I have done all of that.....at this point I just want my money back.

• edited July 2014

I have the same problem as the OP, except that I bought the game on the Mac Game Store. After finishing Ep.1, I tried downloading the rest of the episodes but without success and with the (in)famous "Coming Soon" message. And like the OP, I also purchased the season pass, which appears in the episode selection within the game so the acknowledgment of the purchase doesn't seem to be the issue.

After checking around in the forums I saw in some threads that redownloading the game helped in some cases (I can't begin to understand why it would make a difference unless the version of the game would change in-between or the image of the game would be corrupted during the transfer but okay, why not) when deleting as well all the file related to the game before reinstalling it.

Unfortunately that didn't work for me (can't say I'm really surprised though).

Is there anything else I could try to get the download if the new episodes to work?

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please try deleting your SyncFs folder from your

~Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/The Wolf Among Us/ file directory,

and then restart the game, and you should receive any of the necessary updates to make Episodes 2 and 3 available to download. Please also make sure that you have disabled any anti-virus or internet firewall programs open and running that may be blocking the game's communication with our servers.

Gipapi posted: »

I have the same problem as the OP, except that I bought the game on the Mac Game Store. After finishing Ep.1, I tried downloading the rest o

• edited July 2014

Thank you for your answer.

Unfortunately deleting ~/Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/The Wolf Among Us didn't solve the problem.

After starting the game I receive a message at the bottom of the screen informing me that:

"Episode 5: Cry Wolf is now available"

However, when I go to:

Settings -> Download Content, Episode 2-5 are are still indicated as "Coming Soon !"

Same thing when I go to: Episodes from the main screen

When I go to: Play and then chose Episode 2 the screen says "Try again later, Unable to download at this time."

(As a side note, I don't have anti-virus or a firewall installed).

Any other suggestion?

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please try deleting your SyncFs folder from your ~Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/The Wolf

My apologies, if you are playing on a Mac, You may need to disable Gatekeeper and then restart the game while connected to the internet. To do this, click the Apple logo on the top toolbar and select System Preferences. Now select Security. If the padlock in the bottom left corner of this screen is not open, click on it. You will now see 3 options for downloaded applications, they are: Mac Store, Mac Store and identified developers, and Anywhere. Please select Anywhere and then confirm your selection. Once this is done, please try restarting the game while connected to the internet, and see if you are then able to download the episodes.

Gipapi posted: »

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately deleting ~/Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/The Wolf Among Us didn't solve the problem

• Hi,

I have loaded the file for TWAU on my MacBook Air and I am having the same problem as these other users have stated, I am told that ep 2-5 will be coming soon, i have taken the steps above that you have suggested and it still hasn't worked. Perhaps your game has an unresolved bug in it that is keeping folks from finishing this awesome game.

My apologies, can you please clarify if you have tried both deleting your SyncFs folder, and disabling Gatekeeper before downloading the installer from our website? Also, please try disabling any anti-virus or internet firewall programs open and running before starting the game, as they may be blocking the game's connections with our servers, causing the game not to update to show the episodes as available to download.

novpain92 posted: »

Hi, I have loaded the file for TWAU on my MacBook Air and I am having the same problem as these other users have stated, I am told that e

• Yes, I have both reinstalled the SyncFs folder and allowed any any installer. It it not necessary to turn off my anti-virus or firewall due to the fact that I've allowed any new updated to come in. It is not the game's connection because I have previously installed the game on my iPhone and on my amazon Kindle Fire.

My apologies, can you please clarify if you have tried both deleting your SyncFs folder, and disabling Gatekeeper before downloading the ins

I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. Please contact/email our Support Staff at Support@Telltalegames.com, and make sure to explain your situation, and the solutions you have tried, and they will be able to assist you further with your particular issue.

novpain92 posted: »

Yes, I have both reinstalled the SyncFs folder and allowed any any installer. It it not necessary to turn off my anti-virus or firewall due

• edited April 2015

I bought this game a year ago, figured it was time to take a day off and dig in to it, finished episode 1 last night, episode 2 wont download and im getting the 0% network issue as well.

Mod Edit: The condoning of piracy is against the forum rules and guidelines.

We received a few reports from mobile players experiencing this issue, and have resolved the issue as of last night. Please restart the game while connected to the internet now, and you will be able to successfully download and play Episode 2.

wrath42 posted: »

I bought this game a year ago, figured it was time to take a day off and dig in to it, finished episode 1 last night, episode 2 wont downloa

• I am also having an issue with the network. Wont download. Samsung galaxy tab s. I have tried restarting the game, the device. Disconnecting and reconnecting.....nothing's working

I apologize for the inconvenience. Are you experiencing issues downloading all episodes, or is there a particular episode you are unable to download? Also, have you tried connecting to a different WiFi network to see if you receive a stronger connection with our servers, and are able to download the episodes that way?

1brokendoll posted: »

I am also having an issue with the network. Wont download. Samsung galaxy tab s. I have tried restarting the game, the device. Disconnecting and reconnecting.....nothing's working

• I am unable to download any of episodes 2-5 and did purchase the season pass. I have tried several different wifi networks without success, all of which show a good strong connection and with which i have downloaded music, etc. Without issue. It still says connect device to the internet.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Are you experiencing issues downloading all episodes, or is there a particular episode you are unable to

• Just uninstalled and reinstalled and that didn't work either

I apologize for the inconvenience. Are you experiencing issues downloading all episodes, or is there a particular episode you are unable to

Can you please clarify if you have any third-party mods or ROMs currently installed on your device that may be affecting the game's ability to download from the servers?

Just uninstalled and reinstalled and that didn't work either

• No mods or third party apps etc.

Can you please clarify if you have any third-party mods or ROMs currently installed on your device that may be affecting the game's ability to download from the servers?

I sincerely apologize for any difficulties this has caused you. If our previous suggestions did not resolve your issue, you can also try going to the device’s Settings Menu, then go to Applications, then Manage Applications, and select the Game Application and tap ‘Clear Data’. This will clear all data from the app. Then reset your device, and start the game again, and see if you are then able to play without the app crashing. Unfortunately if you still experience the same issues, we recommend contacting Google Play Support to see if they have any other potential solutions we have not yet suggested.

No mods or third party apps etc.

This discussion has been closed.