Jurassic Park game-breaking bug

edited January 2012 in Game Support
Hey, everyone.

I just downloaded Jurassic Park and I am stuck at the scene in Episode 1 where the Tyrannosaurus and Triceratops are preparing to fight and Harding has to climb out from under the fence. I push the first action button (RB + right stick up) and nothing happens, and the tyrannosaur proceeds to crush me underfoot. I am playing on PC with a 360 controller, and switching over to mouse control does nothing either. So is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? If I am doing something wrong, please don't say what I'm missing.

By the way, amazing game so far!

FIX: Look a bit below!

Comments

• edited November 2011
    With the gamepad, are you holding down RB before pushing up on the stick?
  • edited November 2011
    Yes, I'm doing exactly what is says. The icons even disappear and then...nada.
  • edited November 2011
    Is it doing that even after restarting the game?
  • edited November 2011
    Nevermind, I wasn't pushing the buttons repeadeadly. Thanks anyway for the help.

Again, great game! I'd like to see this game as Jurassic Park 4.
  • edited November 2011
    Sorry for the double post, but it's happening again. Now I was able to climb out of the gate, but as Jess is trying to run through the dinosaur battle, she falls down and I am told to push B repeatedly - only, I push it for a second and then again nothing happens. Same on the keyboard, except this time the button prompt disappeared entirely.

Please help! Soon I will not be able to take it anymore and will have to restart (although I wouldn't mind playing it again, it's that awesome.)
  • edited November 2011
    You're tapping B during that segment and it's not registering?
  • edited November 2011
    I'm having this same problem on the PC, using the keyboard arrows - repeatedly.
    I seem to be doing it correctly, getting nothing but green checkmarks.
    Yet Harding has died a dozen deaths beneath the gate.
  • edited November 2011
    You have to press the keys really fast to pass beneath the gate. (I mean really fast)
  • edited November 2011
    Thanks, Burunuu - you're right: reallyreally fast.
  • edited November 2011
    Ok,somehow Jess keeps dying in the battle between Triceratops and T-Rex cause I am not able to push ONE BUTTON REPEATEDLY FAST ENOUGH.

I don't get past this scene and died for the last 20 minutes which is about 30 tries before I was angry as hell and cursed this freaking game.

It's just not possible to push the key fast enough,and this has nothing to do with "making a game more difficult" or "you have to be clever to do this".
    It's just anoying as hell.
  • edited November 2011
    If you are playing on pc, try to low the graphics in the menu and see if it helps with the timing issue for QTE.
  • edited November 2011
    Ok, not sure if this is a bug, but I'm putting the Bone Shaker's carts together in the order it says, and nothing is happening
  • edited November 2011
    It seems like both nimmzewi and I are experienceing the same bug - hitting B (or whatever arrow key) continueously and nothing is happeneing. This must be a bug, because restarting the scenario does nothing either.

Well, I'll be trying again tonight. We'll see if it works after a restart. If not, I'm going to try that latest ATI driver patch and see if it helps. Could someone please put a link to it for a Radeon 5500 HD?

Oh, and from what FankyMaloon says, that is a solution, but shouldn't you only have to push the buttons once? I mean, it doesn't ever tell you to push the buttons repeadeadly by showing a pulsing button icon on-screen, so shouldn't that be a bug too? I think we need a patch already, unless it's just the people here.
  • edited November 2011
    Just an update, I reset it and it works fine :-)
  • edited November 2011
    I figured out the fix, for anyone having the same problem!

You have to set the "graphics quality" to high, not Very High. Then you must restart the entire episode - no joke. You lose the DoF effect and a bit of shading, but it fixes the glitch. And that's better than not playing at all, isn't it? (In fact, the game was so good I didn't mind playing it again.)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having both of these problems in this sequence as well. Picked up JP in the Steam sale despite hearing a lot of negative word of mouth because I'm a fan of Telltale's stuff. This is really souring me though. I'm not going to play through the whole episode again with lowered graphics just to get to this point.

Wasn't this the sequence you guys showed off during the PR cycle? How did this get through press demos? Seriously? This needs a patch desperately.
  • edited January 2012
    Still nothing from Telltale? This is clearly reproducible if we have this many people getting the error. Let us know if you need system specs, dxdiags or save games or whatever. But you really do need to address this.
  • i'm here to tell you this bug is still alive and well in the spring of 2015 and it's still a game breaker.

i'm done with this one, dead under the gate.

• I hate to tell you people this but it isn't a bug and never was. If the game isn't registering what you are doing it has to do with the graphics detail. If the computer feels there is too much going on its gonna be slow on the uptake of registering keystrokes or button pressing. I've died plenty of times playing the game but I've also beaten three times. It's not broken. It's tedious yes. Annoying yes at times. But not broken. Someone said they were having the issue and lowed the graphics setting and it fixed the problem they were having. Telltale isn't responding simply because it's not a bug.

• You choosing to not want to play through the whole episode again on a lowered graphics setting because your computer apparently is having issues at least partially playing it on the best, is not telltales fault. The only way it would be their fault is if they only had one graphics setting and they don't.

I hate to tell you people this but it isn't a bug and never was. If the game isn't registering what you are doing it has to do with the grap

This discussion has been closed.